“Fabulous weekend at the Salutation Hotel in Perth”
Review of Salutation Hotel

Salutation Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Perth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just back from a great weekend in the Salutation with a large party of friends. Bedrooms were all lovely including some which had been recently upgraded. The dining room had been decorated since we were last there and looked great. There were absolutely no complaints about the quality and choice of the food.

We had use of the gorgeous ballroom for the weekend and when the manager found out our theme for the Saturday night was Mardi Gras, he went to the trouble of decorating the dining room with multi-coloured napkins and streamers. Wonderful surprise which was much appreciated.

The staff are friendly and efficient and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. This hotel will definitely be recommended by me to friends and family looking for a comfortable break. We will certainly be back and our booking is already in for next year.

Room Tip: Room 322 was a large airy room not far from the lift. Takes a while for the water pressure in the s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AngelaIrvine
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thanks so much for such a nice review I am so pleased you found the food and rooms to be spot on and you liked the new look dining room. We do like to, when we can, help with the decoration to suit the customers needs and requests. The personal touches do go along way.

We do look forward to welcoming you back and once again thanks for your time on this review.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

What a lovely hotel bursting at the seams with character. I had booked a single room for 2 nights but unfortunately there was a problem with the loo not flushing. I reported it to the staff and I was very pleasantly surprised when I was upgraded to a double room. Now that's what I call great service!. Breakfast was plentiful and the staff in the beautiful dining room were very helpful and friendly. I will definately stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.Keep up the good work, you're all doing a great job.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Many thanks for your kind words, I am so pleased that your toilet flush issue was resolved rightaway and this resulted in an upgraded move to a double room. We really do try and if something might go wrong we do our best to make sure we acknowlege and put it right. I am pleased you found the restaurant staff friendly and the breakfast plentiful. We do look forward to welcoming you back and thanks for passing on your views.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great hotel for business, spot on. Would use again. En suite and bedroom very clean, restaurant offered lots of choice. Packed lunch was more than I could have wished for. Seemingly by the 'fame wall' there have been lots of celebrity guests. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thanks very much for taking the time to write a few lines about your recent stay. I am so pleased you found the bedroom to be clean and the restaurant offered lots of choice. I am glad you found the staff friendly and helpful.
Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Tonight is the last of a very good 4 night stay. I booked this 3star hotel, a risk, considering the very reasonable cost.
I phoned reception first to discuss the Hotels ability to meet my husbands mobility needs, access to bedrooms, dining and toilet. Receptionist Elise was very helpful and after talking with her I decided to make a booking.
This Hotel is right on the main road in town but we had no difficulties. When we drove up outside on arrival a porter helped with luggage and with my husband & wheelchair. I was able to park around the corner, a few minuets away and have remained there for this stay, no problem. The staff showed me 4 rooms and let me choose, we had been allocated a free room upgrade, staff then re-arranged the room to suit our needs. Quite amazing attention and consideration.
Throughout our stay customer service has been excellent, we have been warm and enjoyed a 1st class breakfast each morning and very nice evening dinners, piping hot made with fresh local produce.
If this hotel had leisure facilities and with the refurbishment process on-going it could be a four or five star. Don't worry about the reasonable cost of your 3 star package,just book this super value hotel package, right in town, flat and level for shopping and handy for touring around the local tourist spots. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The best tip I can provide when picking a room is :speak to the Hotel staff on the phone first.,Tell...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ann H
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed and pleasant review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and in particula the praise given to the staff for accommodating all your needs and requirements. I am pleased Elise put faith into your booking. I am glad you found all the meals to be excellent and yes we do use a lot of local produce in our menus and we do indeed like to offer good value for money. I really do appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. This time we will re-arrange the bedroom in good time.
Once again many thanks.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

A really nice characterful hotel with bags of personality. Some times 4 star chain hotels are great: you know what you are going to get before you get there and like McDonalds' you can have one anywhere and get the same thing: a minimum standard without much flavour. It was a bit of a risk going for a quirky 3 star but it was well worth the risk. Great position in the centre of town, nice "tartan bar" (not so tartan it makes you want to be sick) and the feel of a large Coaching Inn (without having to share with your horse, unless you're into that). More "historic" than "old". Me likey.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bruce M
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Wow,,,,,,what a cool and quirky review, Many thanks for taking the time to post a few words about your recent stay. I am pleased you found the hotel full of character and personality. There is nay horsing about when it comes to tradition at the Salutation and we do like to keep that historic feel about the hotel.
I am pleased you liked the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back. Once again many thanks.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Welcoming friendly staff clean surroundings excellent breakfast I would definitely stay at this
hotel again and recommend it. The furnishings were of good quality. The shortbread and the
tea used was very tasty.

Room Tip: We looked on to a car park but we were not bothered by this. The room was just fine
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara M
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay, I am pleased that you found the staff friendly, room clean and breakfast excellent. These are all important aspects of a holiday and we do try our best. I am glad you liked our Shortbread too.
Once again many thanks and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Booking was painless and all the subsequent changes for our group booking was very well handled and extremely well handed.
Booking in excellent and no hassles and all reception enquiries dealt with a smile and a thank you.
Yes the hotel is old but it is unique and not a corporate location, rooms clean and all the basis provided.
Breakfast selection excellent, staff very helpful and nothing was a hassle.
Bar staff pleasant and nice and welcoming.
Overall could not get better service for the price paid for the 3 night stay.

Room Tip: If you want a non conformist hotel this is the one for you ideal for the town centre and the nearby...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for sharing your views from your recent stay. I am so pleased that you found the booking smooth, rooms clean, staff friendly, service effecient and breakfast to be spot on. We really do try to create an atmosphere where all our guests are made to feel special.
Once again thanks for taking the time to post a few lines, we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.