“Lindy124 great "weekend once again"”
Review of Salutation Hotel

Salutation Hotel
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Perth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Not long back from a great 3days in the salutation .been a few times and found the staff at reception always helpful. Bedrooms are always cleaned well by the staff .Dining room really nice as was the choice of food .Like to say thank you to Kieran who was a character and always smiling also to Kim who was very helpful as was all the staff will be back again in the near future

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to note down a few lines from your recent stay. I am pleased you found the hotel great and the staff, food and service were all to your favour. Thanks also for the extra mention to the two members of the restaurant staff.
Once again I do appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you back in the future.
Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed 18 April 2014

After our bad experience we phoned Salutation Hotel we booked a room what a surprise everything was spotless Staff where all very helpful, meals where very good out side of the Building needs painted but don't let that deter you as inside was immaculate will be going again in near future again all staff where exceptional

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for dropping a few lines about your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel spotless and all the staff were very helpful and the meal were good. Yes we are looking at ways to paint the hotel and hopefully will have a plan soon.
Once again I do appreciate the time you have taken to post a review.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just back from a great weekend in the Salutation with a large party of friends. Bedrooms were all lovely including some which had been recently upgraded. The dining room had been decorated since we were last there and looked great. There were absolutely no complaints about the quality and choice of the food.

We had use of the gorgeous ballroom for the weekend and when the manager found out our theme for the Saturday night was Mardi Gras, he went to the trouble of decorating the dining room with multi-coloured napkins and streamers. Wonderful surprise which was much appreciated.

The staff are friendly and efficient and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. This hotel will definitely be recommended by me to friends and family looking for a comfortable break. We will certainly be back and our booking is already in for next year.

Room Tip: Room 322 was a large airy room not far from the lift. Takes a while for the water pressure in the s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AngelaIrvine

Thanks so much for such a nice review I am so pleased you found the food and rooms to be spot on and you liked the new look dining room. We do like to, when we can, help with the decoration to suit the customers needs and requests. The personal touches do go along way.

We do look forward to welcoming you back and once again thanks for your time on this review.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

What a lovely hotel bursting at the seams with character. I had booked a single room for 2 nights but unfortunately there was a problem with the loo not flushing. I reported it to the staff and I was very pleasantly surprised when I was upgraded to a double room. Now that's what I call great service!. Breakfast was plentiful and the staff in the beautiful dining room were very helpful and friendly. I will definately stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.Keep up the good work, you're all doing a great job.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Many thanks for your kind words, I am so pleased that your toilet flush issue was resolved rightaway and this resulted in an upgraded move to a double room. We really do try and if something might go wrong we do our best to make sure we acknowlege and put it right. I am pleased you found the restaurant staff friendly and the breakfast plentiful. We do look forward to welcoming you back and thanks for passing on your views.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great hotel for business, spot on. Would use again. En suite and bedroom very clean, restaurant offered lots of choice. Packed lunch was more than I could have wished for. Seemingly by the 'fame wall' there have been lots of celebrity guests. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thanks very much for taking the time to write a few lines about your recent stay. I am so pleased you found the bedroom to be clean and the restaurant offered lots of choice. I am glad you found the staff friendly and helpful.
Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Tonight is the last of a very good 4 night stay. I booked this 3star hotel, a risk, considering the very reasonable cost.
I phoned reception first to discuss the Hotels ability to meet my husbands mobility needs, access to bedrooms, dining and toilet. Receptionist Elise was very helpful and after talking with her I decided to make a booking.
This Hotel is right on the main road in town but we had no difficulties. When we drove up outside on arrival a porter helped with luggage and with my husband & wheelchair. I was able to park around the corner, a few minuets away and have remained there for this stay, no problem. The staff showed me 4 rooms and let me choose, we had been allocated a free room upgrade, staff then re-arranged the room to suit our needs. Quite amazing attention and consideration.
Throughout our stay customer service has been excellent, we have been warm and enjoyed a 1st class breakfast each morning and very nice evening dinners, piping hot made with fresh local produce.
If this hotel had leisure facilities and with the refurbishment process on-going it could be a four or five star. Don't worry about the reasonable cost of your 3 star package,just book this super value hotel package, right in town, flat and level for shopping and handy for touring around the local tourist spots. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The best tip I can provide when picking a room is :speak to the Hotel staff on the phone first.,Tell...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ann H
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed and pleasant review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and in particula the praise given to the staff for accommodating all your needs and requirements. I am pleased Elise put faith into your booking. I am glad you found all the meals to be excellent and yes we do use a lot of local produce in our menus and we do indeed like to offer good value for money. I really do appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. This time we will re-arrange the bedroom in good time.
Once again many thanks.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

A really nice characterful hotel with bags of personality. Some times 4 star chain hotels are great: you know what you are going to get before you get there and like McDonalds' you can have one anywhere and get the same thing: a minimum standard without much flavour. It was a bit of a risk going for a quirky 3 star but it was well worth the risk. Great position in the centre of town, nice "tartan bar" (not so tartan it makes you want to be sick) and the feel of a large Coaching Inn (without having to share with your horse, unless you're into that). More "historic" than "old". Me likey.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bruce M
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Wow,,,,,,what a cool and quirky review, Many thanks for taking the time to post a few words about your recent stay. I am pleased you found the hotel full of character and personality. There is nay horsing about when it comes to tradition at the Salutation and we do like to keep that historic feel about the hotel.
I am pleased you liked the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back. Once again many thanks.
Kind regards.