“A Problem solved!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A Problem solved!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed in the Salutation for two nights with a Trade union Delegation for a conference in Perth. I had contacted the hotel previously to ask for an easily accessible room. The installation of a new computerised booking system had meant that my original request was lost but on Friday I returned to a plate of fresh fruit in my room and my husband who stayed on Friday evening was not charged for breakfast. It's not the problem - it's going out of your way to solve it.

Room Tip: Ask for an easily accessible room if you have mobility issues - many rooms are situated away from th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you very much for talking the time to note down a few lines about your recent stay. I am so pleased that although we made an error with your room the staff and duty manager did their best to rectify the situation right away, as you say its the way these situations are handled that make all the difference.
I really do appreciate this feedback and I am glad the staff are acting on "unusual" situations in the right manner.
We hope you will be back with us in the near future or at your next conference.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Greek first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a very pleasant stay in the hotel, everything was clean and tidy but a little dated, I realise that when you are as busy as you are scheduling upgrades can be a problem. The breakfast was tasty and ample. Being very picky though I would upgrade the cold food serving dishes maybe. Just my opinion though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SallyGM, Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Many thanks for sharing a few lines about your recent stay, I am delighted that you found the hotel to be clean and tidy. We are indeed looking at the breakfast menu and at the next reprint we are going to include a another healthy dish and perhaps another cold dish. I do appreciate the comments and hope next time when you return we will have included a few more dishes.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Both my wife were booked to stay here for two nights in April, but due to illness we had to leave and attend hospital as my wife was very unwell during the first night. The hotel staff were very understanding and could not do enought for us. They even telephoned me later that day to ask how my wife was and to offer to book us another stay at no cost to us, which is over and above their cancelation guarantee.

On our first stay we had the family room, which was excellent, very clean and plenty of room. On our second stay we asked for just a double room, which although was a little small, it was very clean and comfortable.

Both rooms had showers, which were clean and both had easy access.

The food was excellent as was the choice and service.

The only thing I would raise is that the bar prices are a little high for me. A pint of Lager was over £3.50 and a glass of house wine was £5.50.

The hotel is well placed right in the centre of Perth with the shops right on the door step.

Room Tip: They have a triple room which is great for three adults.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to pop down a few words about your recent stay, I am delighted to read that the staff went out of their way to ensure that you and your wife were checked up on during your stay. I am also delighted to read that you found all the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the food excellent. I am also happy to read you found the choice and service to be spot on. The prices in the bar are actually competitively priced compared to some of the other hotels, we do try and keep them to a realistic level.
I do hope we will see you both back and hope your wife is ok.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I stayed one night B&B and was the best value we have had. Original quote B&B, twin room £99, but offered at £69. Would have been excellent at the original price, and of course better at the new price. Exterior very much in need for repainting, but interior updated. Our room was well appointed, spacious and clean. The breakfast room was amazing - spacious, very modern, and the breakfast buffet hot and cold completely self-service was excellent value and top quality food. Well planned servery. Would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room, at the back, South side, on first floor. First floor easy stair access leadin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a few words about your recent trip. I am delighted to read that you were happy with the rate quoted and you found the room to be clean and spacious. I am also glad you liked our new look restaurant and the selection offered top quality food. I do appreciate the remarks and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when perhaps we "may" have looked at the front of the building.
Scotland
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you are in Perth to shop this is an ideal place to stay. Location is excellent. McEwen's of Perth is just across the road. The High street is a short walk from the hotel.The room 331 was adequate although the view is not so good. Breakfast was excellent and the staff friendly ,welcoming and efficient. The porridge was very good and the cooked food was excellent.
A selection of fresh fruit could be added (sugar free)
The river Tay is a short walk from the hotel and one can take a pleasant walk along the river bank.
The first impression when you enter the foyer is it is a little dark but you get used to the low lighting.
The hotel is a very old historic building with many confusing passages but that is to be expected.
Overall I would stay at the Salutation again

Room Tip: Third floor is quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Many, many thanks for taking a few minutes to write such a detailed yet pleasant review. I am delighted that you found the location, breakfast and staff to be spot on. We do change our breakfast menu every so often and we will certainly look at some new and different fresh fruits for the buffet at the next review - its great to get the feedback and much appreciated.
Once again I do hope you will return soon and by then we may have some more fresh fruit on the buffet.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

if you want to relax then this is the place to stay in Perth, while looking very tired on the outside it was a pleasant clean and very friendly hotel to stay in.
Worth the money, but the menu in the bar was more inviting than the one in the restaurant.

Room Tip: avoid room 314 if you require a view, looking at a wall, rooms on the front are the best
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Just a short note to say thanks for sending in a few lines about your recent stay, I am really pleased that you found the hotel clean and staff friendly. I am pleased you found your stay worth the money. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Took a group booking bank holiday weekend. We had a fantastic time. Nothing was too much trouble. Check in was very quick booking in the group . The ballroom great for about 70/80 dancers. Food was lovely. Service with a smile from Caitlin and her friend. Even catered for glutton free filet. No problem . We will be returning again in 2 years

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeanwebb
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for such nice words about your recent line dance weekend, I am so pleased that you found all aspects of your stay to be spot on. I am delighted that the staff were friendly and had a smile - very important for memorable stay, We all look forward to seeing you in two years time. Once again many thanks.