“Excelent location. Clasic hotel”
Review of Salutation Hotel

Salutation Hotel
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Perth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
“Excelent location. Clasic hotel”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clasic. It is dtated that guests were hosted since 1699, that's a long long time. This is well appreciated while staying there- very special fascade and interiour. Very nice and helpful staff. Eorth the price we payed through online booking (69 pounds for double room)
Recomended, different from the 'regular hotel'. Comfortable, even though the rooms are somewhat small.

• Stayed July 2014
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post a few lines about your recent stay, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms to be comfortable and the staff nice and helpful. The hotel has a large range of rooms and styles some are large than others, however we are always happy to accommodate where we can.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and I do appreciate your feedback.
Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Greek first
Belford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

When booking a cheap-ish city hotel you have the choice of a modern lodge-type place or an old hotel of character. The former will be clean, tidy and spotless with all rooms coming off the one corridor, the latter in need of some refurbishment in places and a bit of a warren. I prefer the latter. At reception I was given directions to my second floor room: take the lift to the third floor, walk along the corridor, go down a flight of stairs and along another corridor! I soon found a better route but only by avoiding the lift.
The room was comfortable, the breakfast was very good. The service from everyone was very good. The best thing was the bar food on the Saturday night, excellent and with discounts for being resident and a wine offer it was a really cheap price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ian C
Many thanks for taking the time to post a few lines about your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoy the facilities of the more traditional style of hotel we certainly are full of character. I am pleased you eventually found your bedroom, some bedrooms do enjoy a tour of the hotel, but that's what makes the hotel interesting. I am delighted you found the room comfortable and the breakfast good and you enjoyed your bar meal.
We do hope that you will be back with us in the future and will be able to try out our new bar menu.
Once again many thanks.
scotland
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just back from our second visit here. We had to change rooms due to the very loud creaky floorboards above us so got a room on the 3rd floor. Elise on reception organised it all for us with no fuss, lovely girl. The room was spotless, beds comfortable, what more can you ask for! We ate in the bar the first night, food was nice, served by Scott, very helpful and a great asset to the bar/hotel. Breakfast was great, buffet style, lots of choice. Very filling. Served by Helen the supervisor, lovely woman and couldn't do enough for everyone! We hope to go back later in the year. It's a lovey old hotel with amazing staff!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is best
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Many thanks for your recent kind words on tripadvisor, I am so pleased that on your second visit that things were just as good. I am glad that both the girls and boys mentioned were delivering excellent service and looked after all your needs. I am pleased you found the rooms to be clean and spotless and all the food was nice.
Look forward to seeing you soon.
Many thanks.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel for three nights. Salutation with very good location, very convenient to many places. Service is excellent, all the staff are very friendly and helpful! Breakfast is tasty!
The ambiance is very harmonious!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
SallyGM, Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Many thanks for your kind words about your recent stay, I am pleased to note that you found the service excellent, staff friendly and breakfast tasty and the ambiance harmonious....
We do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Once again many thanks for taking the time to review.
Perthshire
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very busy, but you could see that everyone (staff) knew what they were doing!
Simply Great! fantastic and very efficient reception staff, yummy breakfast! Spot on location! We will be back!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thanks for a brief but nice review, I am so pleased you felt all was in order with the staff and breakfast was yummy. Glad you will be back with us.
Istanbul
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I got a room that only accesible by taking the lift to 3rd floor and after walking a while in the 3rd floor, climbing down some stairs to a 2nd floor. I have no connection with the exit other than this route. my bathroom smells moldy and no internet in my room. only positive thing is that from now on I'll appreciate the little faults in the hotels I'm going to stay at for the rest of my life. Hope I never have to stay in a hotel like this.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Eren13
Thanks for taking the time to post a few lines and picture of your recent stay at the Salutation Hotel. I note from your booking you were in 202 which indeed is one of our older rooms. This room can actually be accessed by walking two flights of stairs to the second floor, the room is located to the left of this flight of stairs. Due to the nature of the building there are a variety of different rooms and locations - we do try our best to sign post all the rooms. We do not yet have WiFi in all the bedrooms - only some of the bedrooms on the first floor. All public areas have WiFi. I noticed on inspection on the room you stayed in that the bathroom extractor fan had been turned off at the fan, this should not have happened and may have resulted in other odours not being exhaled from the bathroom. I do hope you will try us again where I would be delighted to offer you one of our new rooms.
Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Central hotel for city center very close to the high street for shopping. Room clean comfortable and very spacious. Breakfast brilliant value for money and very tasty. Staff very pleasant even when busy.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for jotting down a few lines about your recent stay, I am so pleased to read that you found the room to be clean, comfortable and spacious. I also note you found the breakfast to be very tasty and great value for money and the staff very pleasant.