“My stay at the Mercure Perth. Mike, York's”

Mercure Perth Hotel
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I cannot speak highly enough about my stay at the hotel, The staff were friendly and polite and the food was excellent. The place has a nice oldy worldy feel and my room was very clean and comfortable.I also liked the price which was a great motivator for a business travellor. I will certainly stay again on my next Visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MikeLeeds_12
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

A nice hotel centrally located in Perth. Service was excellent by all and the rooms were clean and well decorated. Upon arrival there was a bowl of fresh fruit and a small jug of fresh orange in my room which I felt was a really nice touch.

The food was nice albeit a bit expensive, however the hotel issued vouchers which discounted the menu at check in.

All in all I was more than happy with the Hotel and would use it again when next in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Darren S
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

With regards to the "welcome tray", we tend to offer this to our clients on a regular basis and I am glad to see that you enjoyed it. The promotional vouchers are normally offered to all our clients which is making the dinner cost an exceptionally good value for money. Good to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I am also glad to see that you will be using the hotel again in the near future. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Nothing really wrong with the hotel. It was reasonably comfortable and breakfast was ok. It's just that the place is starting to look very tired. Hopefully Mercure will spend some money on it. Good location right in the centre and withing walking distance to station. Good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Firstly please let me thank you for taking the time to express your views on your stay via the Trip Advisor site and I am grateful for taking the opportunity to do so.

Secondly, I have noticed that you placed 51 comments on this site and this is making you the highest contributor who rated the hotel (top contributor has 50 comments) Is good to see that the hotel is gaining some valueable feedback from frequent and experienced travelers and hotel users.

I am glad you had a good stay at the Mercure Perth and I have noted your opinion relating the "hotel needs some money spent on it". The Mercure Perth is constantly updating its facilities, products and service and I am hoping that the next time you visit us you will notice some further improvements.

I tend to take a lot of notice from clients who are frequent hotel users as this gives me a good indication as to where we are and what we need to do towards improving.

When you have the date of your next trip please contact me directly as I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

On our annual visit to the Perth Races we stayed again in the Mercure Hotel Perth. It use to be the Ramada, but the name is the only thing that has changed.
The staff, service and general feel good factor of the hotel is as good as ever.
We enjoyed the food, accommodation and especially the staff. They are polite, friendly and professional.
We will definately be back again for next years festival.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ReggieAyrshire
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I have been a frequent business user of the hotel over the last few months, in general the service is good, with a few key members of staff who are great assets to the hotel. I have always found the rooms to be well kept and clean. The hotel has a great location in the centre of Perth and has a nice warm feel to it.
On a negative point, occasionally my colleagues and I have felt treated more as an inconvenience to staff than valued customers who provide a good base load of custom for the hotel, especially through the quieter winter months, to me this doesn’t make good business sense.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that overlook the inner courtyard and not the noisy car park.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

You are right to say that the hotel has some key members of the team who tend to provide an exceptionally good service on a consistent basis. Our aim is to bring all members of the team to the same level and this is the reason we spend a lot of time on training and development. As an Investors In People award holders we invest a lot of our time on monitoring the service level and delivery of our policies and procedures and I am confident in the near future we will become more consistent.

I have noticed that you are a regular business traveller who is using the Mercure Perth and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss in greater detail your views. Our aim is not to see our customers as an inconvenience but the main reason for our work and this is one of the main purpose of me replying to every single comment I receive from any of our clients.

As I said above our aim is to provide our customers with a good level of service and quality and if you are in a position to have a discussion with me I would be very happy to do so. Your views are very valuable to us. I strongly believe that listening to our customers will help us achieve our business goals.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed at the Mercure Perth hotel on the 26h April when i attended the races and i had a fantastic stay! The rooms were clean and tidy and they had very good facilities, it was also good to see that the bar was open late to look after all the guests who had attended the races! Fantastic hotel and great public areas with some lovely displays of the old mill and superb staff!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Samantha B

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed one night at the Mercure.The car park is quite small and difficult to get at if you dont know the area.The room was quite large and comfortable and being on the ground floor handy.The bar was quite expensive and we ate out so did'nt try the restaurant.Breakfast was adequate and self service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SteamGalore
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

For the benefit of any trip advisor readers and for your information when you return to Perth, the best way to access any of the 2 car parks of the hotel is to follow the brown signs directing you to the hotel or follow the tourist information centre signs as we are right next to their office.

I am glad you found the rooms large and comfortable and I am also pleased to see that you have enjoyed your breakfast. Is a shame you did not try our food for dinner as we offer some fantastic food at a very good price. Perhaps you can do so on your return.

With regards to the drinks price please let me know what in your opinion it was classed as expensive as I would be happy to review the pricing of all our drinks as to ensure that all our clients receive good value for money.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if you do so please contact me directly.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. This is very much appreciated.

Yours sincerely