“Came back for second year running”

Mercure Perth Hotel
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Perth
East Lothian
“Came back for second year running”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed here during the SouthernFried Festival for the second year running. Good hotel with excellent location. The staff are all lovely and nothing is too much trouble. Yes it could do with a bit of a face lift but while we were there all the loos were being replaced and I think more is planned. Breakfast is good too. Don't think wifi is available in rooms, though you can get it in bar. Would have been good to use my ipad in the room. But overall that's a small quibble. Will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I have noticed that you are a senior contributor on the trip advisor website and is fantastic to see a positive feedback from an experienced traveller.
Sometimes I receive one off comments which is also nice to see but I tend to take a lot of notice on experienced and frequent travellers, as your opinion, travelling experience and feedback is an important tool which I use to direct the training and development of the team.

Not sure when we will be able to provide Wi-Fi to all the rooms but this is an areas which we currently considering and I am sure this facility will be available in the very near future. The Wi-Fi is provided in the public areas, Restaurant and Conference rooms of the hotel FREE of charge so the bedrooms, I am sure, will follow soon.

I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you in person for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Chris Charalambous

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I have stayed here a few times over the years the first time recently since it has been re-badged as Mercure. I was hoping that the place may have had a face lift but not so far. It is rather tired and my room was dated and the bathroom was tatty.

That said the staff were very good and I had a good nights sleep, plus there is free wifi in the lobby area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2012

We have some plans in place to refurbish some of the areas of the hotel and I will bear in mind your comments whilst we are finalising our plans.

I am pleased to see that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Ayr
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My wife and I stayed for a night in July and were pleased the hotel lived up to the tripadvisor rating. We arrived very early due to bad weather cancelling activities we had planned for the day. The hotel reception found us a room just after mid-day which was a real relief as we were soaked through. Our room and ensuite were very clean,tidy,very comfortable and very good value for money. The hotel itself is an old mill and has lovely character with parts from the mill macinery throughout and a glass floor section where you can see the mill lade running through under the building. All in all it was a real pleasant stay and I would not hesitate to return the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2012

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We booked for a 2 night room only break. The location of hotel In centre of Perth could not be bettered - close to cinema, concert hall, museum and art gallery. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Very nice hotel with very nice staff, breakfast staff were extremely pleasent as was the breakfast itself. The fire alarm went off and everybody had too evacuate the building, but the staff showed proffesionalism by handling the situation calmly. All in all a great place too stay in perth, central and clean. All the best too the management and staff. SETH

scotland
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Enjoyed our stay. Great value £50 room. Staff very friendly and great atmosphere in cosy bar. Rooms bit dated but comfy bed . Highly recommend :-)

Room Tip: We were on first floor good rooms over looking garden and river
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2012

glasgow
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Really enjoyed our overnight stay at this hotel. Modern decor thoughout complete with flat screen tv in the room, big comfortable beds and blackout curtains. A nice modern cosy bar downstairs with unique quirky features. The room was clean and the staff were helpful. The location is ideal too as it is right in the city centre but also in a quiet street so not noisy at all. Easy reach of lots of shops and bars and restaurants.