“Scotland from Perth”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Duisburg, Germany
“Scotland from Perth”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Thats a very nice Hotel in an old Mill. Its located downtown Perth with free Parking. I started my Day Trips to Aberdeen, Inverness and the Island Skye from here. The Staff is very friendly, so enjoy the Hotel and Scotland from here!!

Stefan from Germany

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you in person for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Chris Charalambous

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Hawick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We revisited the Mercure recently having had a bad experience in May this year. We have stayed at the Mercure on four occasions and choose it mainly because of its central position to the city centre. It also boasts a free carpark. We have had both the more basic rooms and executive, but there is not really that much of a difference in the quality. Slightly bigger bed, flat screen tv and toiletries. The hotel in general looks a little tired on the inside, especially the restaurant and bedrooms. In May we had big problems with our toilet refusing to flush and this would appear not to have been an isolated problem. This problem I've been assured is being addressed and on our latest visit, there were visible signs of new sanitary ware. On our recent visit, a t night I was aware of doors banging and neighbouring toilets being flushed and in my opinion, this is where Mercure requires to invest as it is quite annoying and certainly gave me a disturbed sleep. Our shower in room 127, although at the maximum setting was no more than lookwarm. Monday morning for breakfast was extremely busy and the staff coped very well all with a smile on their face. Reception staff were also very welcoming. It would be nice to see a refurb in the near future as the hotel itself has plenty of potential

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2012

We have some plans in place to refurbish some of the areas of the hotel and I will bear in mind your comments whilst we are finalising our plans. The restaurant is next on the agenda as the bathrooms will be completed within the next few weeks. We tend to maintain the hotel on a daily basis and we all take notice of our clients comments / feedback and try to make the appropriate improvements.

I am pleased to see that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

East Lothian
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed here during the SouthernFried Festival for the second year running. Good hotel with excellent location. The staff are all lovely and nothing is too much trouble. Yes it could do with a bit of a face lift but while we were there all the loos were being replaced and I think more is planned. Breakfast is good too. Don't think wifi is available in rooms, though you can get it in bar. Would have been good to use my ipad in the room. But overall that's a small quibble. Will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

I have noticed that you are a senior contributor on the trip advisor website and is fantastic to see a positive feedback from an experienced traveller.
Sometimes I receive one off comments which is also nice to see but I tend to take a lot of notice on experienced and frequent travellers, as your opinion, travelling experience and feedback is an important tool which I use to direct the training and development of the team.

Not sure when we will be able to provide Wi-Fi to all the rooms but this is an areas which we currently considering and I am sure this facility will be available in the very near future. The Wi-Fi is provided in the public areas, Restaurant and Conference rooms of the hotel FREE of charge so the bedrooms, I am sure, will follow soon.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I have stayed here a few times over the years the first time recently since it has been re-badged as Mercure. I was hoping that the place may have had a face lift but not so far. It is rather tired and my room was dated and the bathroom was tatty.

That said the staff were very good and I had a good nights sleep, plus there is free wifi in the lobby area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2012

Ayr
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My wife and I stayed for a night in July and were pleased the hotel lived up to the tripadvisor rating. We arrived very early due to bad weather cancelling activities we had planned for the day. The hotel reception found us a room just after mid-day which was a real relief as we were soaked through. Our room and ensuite were very clean,tidy,very comfortable and very good value for money. The hotel itself is an old mill and has lovely character with parts from the mill macinery throughout and a glass floor section where you can see the mill lade running through under the building. All in all it was a real pleasant stay and I would not hesitate to return the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2012

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We booked for a 2 night room only break. The location of hotel In centre of Perth could not be bettered - close to cinema, concert hall, museum and art gallery. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Very nice hotel with very nice staff, breakfast staff were extremely pleasent as was the breakfast itself. The fire alarm went off and everybody had too evacuate the building, but the staff showed proffesionalism by handling the situation calmly. All in all a great place too stay in perth, central and clean. All the best too the management and staff. SETH