“Great hotel”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Dalkeith
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My husband and I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights as a base for the Dunhill Links Golf event. The hotel was lovely. As an old papermill which used wated for power, the old power wheel had been restored and runs through the reception and bar. There are also 2 glass tables in the bar where you can sit and see the water flowing - beautiful.

We received a warm friendly welcome from the receptionist and offered a special price deal for a 3 course dinner in the restaurant as we were on a B&B basis. We took advantage of this and the meal was lovely.

Breakfast was the best I had experienced. A great selection from probiotic drinks to the "full" Scottish breakfast.

The room was a wee bit small but we were only sleeping there so no problem.I have only marked a little lower on sleep quality as it's a double bed and we are used to a superking at home!

I would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marniebabe
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future and if you decide to do so please contact me directly as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for your review in person

Chris Charalambous

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My Wife and I have gone to this hotel for our anniversary every year for 8 years now. We were there on 5 and 6 October and it was fantastic again. We got a great deal for bed and breakfast with dinner on the first night and they upgraded us to an executive room when we called due to us going every year. The room was spotless and very comfortable. The reception and bar staff were welcoming and very efficient. Billy and his restaurant staff do a great job. The dinner was lovely and the breakfast was excellent as always. The hotel is in a great location in the centre of Perth. Perth is a lovely small city with a decent selection of shops and good pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James F

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will also make a point on acknowledging the effort Billy is putting into looking after our customers by rewarding him for his good and consistent level of customer care and service.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2012

my partner and i stayed here on Saturday 30th September, we arrived to a warm welcome from a lovely girl on reception, she checked us in very quickly, when we arrived in our room, i thought it was a tad small and as it was an anniversary weekend she upgraded our room to a larger room with no problems at all, the room was spotlessly clean and a huge comfortable bed to sleep in, the bathroom was spotless as well and a great shower, everything anout the room was great, the staff at the bar were lovely and helpful, even though they were very busy with a function that was on and a lot of weekenders, it was also a great bonus that we didn't have to check out till 12noon, we didn't have breakfast as i didn't realise it wasn't included in the price, but i would reccommend this hotel to anyone, its very historical too

1 Thank Nanno0109
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2012

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

Took advantage of a special offer for end of honeymoon trip. Found the hotel a little hard to find but blame that on Sat Nav. They have a car park in front of the hotel and a large overflow one opposite. Needs a code to exit. A bit far with heavy cases and no room to park at reception so grow muscles. Also no sign of a lift inside. However, the hotel receptionist was expecting us and process smooth. Lovely large room with all comforts including a bath and a shower. Stuff ant very good and excellent service. Overall a good pit stop but would have been happy staying longer. Check out was smooth and saw some people with heavy luggage being helped.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan E

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I stay here on average 7 times a year whilst visiting a customer in Dundee. I am always met with a warm greeting by the reception staff who are second to none: friendly, welcoming and professional. They are a real credit to hotel and group. Matcha, the bar manager is fantastic - not only does he remember me but even what I like to drink - a true professional and again the best I have ever met. The rooms are good, the broadband generally quick (although it was hit and miss on speed this time). I always look forward to staying ehre. The only issue this time was the breakfast - it was luke warm at best, several items were low or missing and no-one seemed aware of this or took the time to check. This is not the normal service here so guess it was just a bad day.

I will still stay here, the staff are excellent and I do recommend the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CurrymonstersTbone
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 29 September 2012

Matchy, the bars manager is a real star and I will make a point on aknowladging and reward him for the good service and customer care.

I am glad to see that you are planning to return to Perth and once you have decided the date of your next visit please contact me directly as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for your nice comments in person.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed for a two night break with my husband. It was a wonderful base to see the scenery of Scotland. We were welcomed by a very cheery receptionist who offered plenty of places to see. Our room was clean and well serviced during our stay. Breakfast had a really great choice, our "Scottishbreakfast" was lovely, I am a bit fussy about eating Luke warm food, but was really pleased as it was piping hot! Fabulous! The staff also gave a great welcome and efficient service. We have stayed in a few hotels in central Scotland, but we would definitely return here. Thanks

3 Thank Happycamper1310
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 28 September 2012

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We have stayed at the Mercure Perth a number of times over the last few years and have always been made extremely welcome.We normally request the same room on first floor over the car park and reception staff go out of their way to oblige- as a result we always enjoy a quiet and comfortable stay.The room has a large bed ,is very clean and has all the "mod cons" we could wish for.We always look forward to our breakfast and are never disappointed.

Room Tip: room 131 or nearby -cosy and quiet!