“Mercure perth” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Mercure perth”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

It was ok but not as good as Inverness . Didn't think much of the dinner service,staff very shoddy and couldn't care less attitude. Food very scarce on plate. Overall very clean rooms and reception staff very friendly

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I was pleased you found your room to be comfortable and clean and the Reception staff to be so friendly.

However, I was really disappointed to read your comments about your dining service experience with us. For any member of staff to display a 'couldn't care less' attitude is unacceptable and I will certainly pass your comments on to the team who I am sure would not want to be giving this impression to our very valued guests.

Thank you again for all your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Karen Johnston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

3 Stars
- 1st Star dropped for price of drinks in hotel bar.
- 2nd Star dropped for room 124
- 1st Star gained for very nice and extremely helpful staff, all of them
- 2nd Star gained for lovely restaurant food and a hearty breakfast
- 3rd Star gained for a decent room once moved to 132, the first room was noisy but especially in January the heating was poor as the radiator required to be bled. The staff were very helpful and moved us no problem and even gave us a complimentary drinks.
On Friday there was a singer and piano support who were very good and created a lovely atmosphere.
There is a lovely comfortable bar/lounge but the Hotel need to sort their prices as £8.40 is expensive for 2 drinks especially as there will soon be a Premier Inn opening near bye. This was our second visit in 3 years and do enjoy the hotel setting and free parking. Exceptional staff and close to the town centre.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for your recent review on the Mercure Perth hotel.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad that we were able to offer you an alternative room that was more peaceful for your night away with us.

I will pass on all of your comments to the team regarding how friendly you found them to be and how much you enjoyed our dining facilities. I have also sent on your comments to the pianist and singer as I am sure they will be delighted that you enjoyed their performance and the atmosphere they created in our comfortable lounge area. I will certainly also take your comments on board when we next review our bar prices.

Thank you again for your comments and I really hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a overnight in Perth
On arrival found the staff helpful but felt a little annoyed that we were classed as 2nd rate because we booked threw late rooms website and we're told that guests that booked threw mercure got priority at check in .
Room was ok big double bed just a pity it was 2 beds pushed together and they drifted apart during the night and having to push them back in constantly .
Room was tidy and clean bathroom could do with a overhaul soon as it was a bit rough around the edges but clean .
Don't go to the bar as it is very expensive even for guests of the hotel
Also luckily we snibbed to door at night as the cleaner can't read a do not disturbe sign and tried to walk in the room at 10am check outs 12 let people rest without banging on there door
To be honest it was ok not the best service I have had in a hotel
Would I stay there again maybe if the place was over hauled

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review on the Mercure Perth hotel.

Please can I firstly apologise if you felt in any way that we treated you in a 2nd rate way, as I am sure this would not have been our intention. We welcome all of our guests in the same warm manner and I was very surprised to read that you felt like this. We do operate a loyalty program called Le Club which if you join, includes a speedier check-in process so I am wondering if this is possibly what the Receptionist was offering to you.

I was pleased you found your room to be comfortable and clean and we have commenced a painting and general upgrading program around the whole hotel so I am sure some of the comments you have passed on will be addressed by this. I will also pass your feedback on to housekeeping regarding your Do Not Disturb sign.

Thank you again for your comments and I really hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Just like Faulty Towers - the Internet isn't worth the effort and there's no point in upgrading as that's no better. The bed had no mattress protector and there was only one plug in bedroom. The only redeeming feature is that the food's okay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

Please accept my apologies if you were unable to connect to the hotel's FREE WiFi facility. I shall ask maintenance to look into any recent reports and possible causes for this issue.

I have also passed on your feedback to Housekeeping regarding a missing mattress protector. All our mattresses are protected so I am unsure as to how this could have happened.
There are several plug points available in each bedroom and should you decide to visit us again, please do not hesitate to request an extension cable from Reception should you require more.

Thank you once again for all your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Karen A. Johnston

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Having recently stayed here in July 2013, I returned in January 2014 for one nights stay. Again we booked a twin room and this time was located in 214 in the extension overlooking the front car park. The room was comfortable and in better condition to the previous room in the main bilding that I had stayed in.

We didn't have breakfast, but did spend time in the bar, which I was pleased to see had a barman, as opposed to our previous stay when we were continually having to ask at reception to send someone through.

The only complaint is the heat in the bedroom. This was also an issue previously, but in January you don't expect the temperature to be as high as in July. We tried the radiator which was turned off and the heat appeared to be coming through the floor in the bathroom, not sure if they have underfloor heating installed or not, but at times it was stifilingly hot.

Overall, great service again, from both reception and bar staff, something which seems to be consistent across the board with Mercure hotels. I look forward to returning again in July 2014.

Room Tip: The lower 200's will face back onto the rear garden which is also the smoking area, upper 200...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed lots of aspects of your stay with us and choose to return to the hotel time and time again!

Next time you visit, please don't hesitate to ask Reception for a fan to help cool down your room for you. We would be delighted to assist in any way we can.

I shall pass your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back in July 2014!!

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here on coach trip over new year period. Staff are lovely, helpful and very friendly, restaurant well run and food and service excellent. Rooms were adequate and clean although the room we stayed in (4) received a lot of noise from the room above to the point we could hear what people were saying, may just have been this room didn't hear anyone else mention it. Lounge areas very welcoming and comfortable although bar prices were unreasonable with a large glass of wine being around £10. Hotel central and close to shops. Only complaint was the bar prices, our group went elsewhere for drinks which was a shame as we would have stayed in hotel had the prices been more reasonable.

Room Tip: Not room 4 due to noise from other rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much, found the staff to be lovely and helpful and the food service excellent!

Please accept my apologies if you were disturbed in your room in anyway, I have asked maintenance to look into some soundproofing options to alleviate this issue. I am also sorry you found the bar prices too expensive. Again, I shall take this feedback on board when next reviewing our pricing policies.

I shall pass all of your comments on to my team and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.