“Amazing from start to finish”

Mercure Perth Hotel
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Boness falkirk
“Amazing from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I took my elderly mother-in-law last year she still talks about it from start to finish staff really help full from start to finish .food is really nice rooms were spotless .staff could not help me more if tried the down fall had was get to Restarant up stairs but staff made a table up for us looking over the old water stream under the hotel it was fab was a really nice stay can,t wait tell I go back in two weeks . Much try thank you to all who made our welcome so nice.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice we had a good view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am delighted you and your mother-in-law enjoyed your stay with us last year and have chosen to return again in a couple of weeks. We look forward to welcoming you back and please don't hesitate to ask for me at Reception, as it would be lovely to say hello personally to you.

I'm sure the team shall again assist in setting up a table for you in the lounge should you require it, and I hope you have another lovely stay with us.

Karen A. Johnston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Largs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and were very pleased with the Hotel. Room was just right and quiet so got great night sleep. The hotel is located within a 5 or 10 min walk of the main shopping centre and eating drinking places. breakfast was good. Has free wifi but only fast enough to get mail, dont expect to stream TV or Movies

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your 2 night stay with us and found the hotel to be so well located for your needs. The city centre of Perth offers great shops, eateries and a lovely historical feel to it. A great place to stay indeed!

I am also pleased to let you know that we are upgrading our FREE WiFi to provide an even better service to all our valued guests. There are also further packages available to purchase should you require something more specific.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent Easter at this hotel. Great location, staff are great. Breakfast best we have had for a long time, great choice and lots of it. We were given an easter treat on the sunday of chocolate bunny and buttons. The room was clean, warm and had t and coffee available. We had a great weekend. Only two bad things no biscuit with the t in room and bar is very over priced. Elenen pound twenty for a beer and a glass of wine. I will use this hotel again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your Easter weekend with us and I shall pass on all of your great comments to my team. We hoped all of our guests would enjoy the chocolate treats we handed out at Breakfast on Easter Sunday!

I shall highlight to Housekeeping to ensure the biscuits are always available on all of our in-room hospitality trays and I shall certainly consider your comments the next time we are reviewing the bar pricing.

Mauchline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Returned to the Mercure in Perth for a weekend break. It has been just over two years since we were last there and we felt that, although we had a very nice weekend, it definitely wasn’t as good as our previous visit. The hotel itself is still very nice but could with a bit of painting here and there. The rooms are not large but comfortable and perfectly adequate. The staff are all very nice and pleasant and are happy to help if you have a query. We were allocated a room on the first floor, however, when we arrived the door was open and there was a set of ladders in the bathroom. On returning to reception, the receptionist was very apologetic and hadn’t realised that there was a someone working in the room and reallocated us. Quite funny really as the workman was sitting behind the reception with his feet up. Perhaps he should have finished the job first! This time we booked a weekend break that included dinner on the first night. This was the first time we had eaten in the restaurant at night and the set menu had a good choice and the food was very nice with generous portions. The wine list was reasonably priced and we had a very nice bottle of red and served at the right temperature. It pains me to write anything negative about this hotel as we had such a nice experience last time, but the service in the restaurant left a lot to be desired. There were 3 staff on and only 6 tables for most of the time we were there. I do not like to be rushed when having a meal and like some time between courses but we arrived at 7:30 and it was 9:00 pm before we received our sweet. Felt this was just too long. Breakfast service was not great either. Waited so long to be seated on the first day we just seated ourselves, as did the couple in front of us. On the second morning a number of things were empty and people were waiting for them to be replenished. I had to ask for bread to make toast twice before it was refilled. When sitting at a table for 2 there is not a lot of room and I do not like to sit and eat breakfast with dirty plates and bowls round me but these were not cleared at all and, indeed, one young chap walked round checking tables and just left dirty dishes and glasses where they were rather than clear them away. However, having said all that, it is a nice wee hotel in a great location right in the centre of Perth and, if the price was right, I would probably give it another chance.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I was pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us and I take on board your very constructive comments with regard to dinner and breakfast service. We have recently completed various refresher training sessions for the food service team, covering many angles of our customers' requirements while staying with us. I am sure we will have tackled the concerns you had but it would be great if you did choose to stay with us again, that you provided me with some more very valuable feedback with regard to this?

We are also carrying out a full redecorating and upgrading program around the hotel over the coming months again hopefully putting that lovely 'sparkle' you feel is missing, back into this beautiful 15th century hotel.

Thank you again for all your comments and please don't hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to discuss this any further or indeed make a future reservation.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

The room was very nice and spacious. The hotel was beautiful. And staff were friendly. Loved the whole setting of the hotel. An old water mill. The original wheel is still in reception encased. With water still running under hotel viewable in reception and bar. Was entertainment in bar on Friday evening aswell. It's in a quiet area but still within very close distance of all shops bars restaurants.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maximospark
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found my staff to be nice and friendly. It really is a very beautiful hotel with many original features still in place. A very unique setting indeed!
The entertainment, Collins and Johnson perform regularly in our lounge area and receive such great feedback. I shall be sure to pass your comments on to them.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.