“Great staff”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Inverness UK
“Great staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed here as a member of a larger family get together. The hotel won't be winning any prizes for style but the staff without exception make the place worth visiting. We have a 2yr old and they went out of their way to make our stay as easy as possible. Kept food for us in their fridge, provided milk for baby and was nice to see proper cot bedding and a very clean travel cot. The rooms are dated and noisy but the hotel is not advertising itself as a modern venue. We had a dinner bed and breakfast package. Evening meal was surprisingly good and menu had three choices of each course. Waiting staff were well organised and local which was nice. Breakfast a little chaotic when busy but provided everything you could want. 5* service in a 3* hotel sums up our experience.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank IshbelSlr
MikeSheff, Owner at BEST WESTERN Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear Laursey7,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you found our staff welcoming and accommodating and that we also made your 2 year old child feel at home and relaxed. We realise that the hotel isn't a modern city chic hotel but we do pride ourselves on cleanliness and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Mike Sheffield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

This hotel is truely the best in scotland. The food, the staff, the rooms the internet wifi the gym and spa and the bar is exceptional.The staff are kind and always willing to help. I been going for the past 5 years and taking people with me and it has not let me down.
The hotel is in the perfect location. You have a beutiful and great town with amzing shops and some great sites and there are plenty of places to go for walks.

Why would you go anywhere else!

1 Thank Janine E
Dear Janine E,

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor regarding the Best Western Queens Hotel.

It is great to see that we are providing a welcoming atmosphere and that you enjoy coming back and bringing people with you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Perth - Why dont you book for our Grease v Dirty Dancing Cabaret Night in October?

Kirriemuir, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was arranging a business lunch for colleagues from all over Scotland and remembered this central venue that I had dined in before. Not only is it convenient by being a minute's walk from Perth Railway Station but it is also extremely welcoming. We arrived at different times and were offered complimentary coffee and a seat in the reception area as we awaited our colleagues. When everyone arrived, a member of staff, having allowed us time to catch our breath and exchange greetings, showed us to our table, which was beautifully set with linen covers and napkins and fresh flowers. Nothing was too much trouble. Gluten free bread was provided at a moment's notice for one of our group. There was a wide selection of main courses and people were satisfied with their choices. When it came to the dessert menu, most of us opted for summer pudding and it was to die for. They were magnificently created in individual portions, artistically presented and sumptuous to taste. Throughout the meal the staff were attentive but unobtrusive. In all the perfect recipe for a business lunch.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
MikeSheff, Owner at BEST WESTERN Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear BobKirrie,

Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Queens Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you found the location of the hotel and service the staff provided very good. We aim to cater for all dietary needs and requirements at a moments notice and I am glad we were able to provide your guest with Gluten free bread.

I hope we see you again soon when you have a meeting in the area - please do not hesitate to call us to book your table.

Lancashire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed here for one night on a business trip. For a business traveller I can see that this hotel is of a normal standard, it has free wi-fi and a good health spa with a gym and swimming pool and very friendly staff. The hotel as a whole is an old building, very creaky with thin walls, we were woken by the TV noise from the room next door at 05.45 and we could here fire doors banging all the time. The decor is dark and old fashioned. Our room had a gastly shower with a curtain which clung to you when you turned on the water. Overall it was OK for one night but should we have to stay in Perth any longer I would have wanted a different room or a different hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a bath.
Dear Shadowfaxlancashire,

Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Queens Hotel. I have taken your constructive comments on board and I am reviewing the shower and shower curtain in the room you stayed in. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the professionalism of the staff. Friendly and efficient throughout our stay. The negatives:
The walls are paper thin. We stayed 2 nights. Our first night we couldn't get to sleep for the noise from a group of golfers next room. When we did manage to sleep we were woken in the middle of the night by the phone ringing in the golfers room. We were then woken by their 6.00am alarm and their loud chatter and laughter for two hours. We approached reception to be given another room. The receptionist didn't need to be asked. She offered a room in the 5th floor (we were in 2nd) and this room was twice the size of the other and with loads of natural light. It must be stressed we cannot blame the hotel for the noise as such, just wish the rooms were better soundproofed!! I have given this hotel a 3 for sleep quality. This is due to the noise from adjacent room, otherwise I'd say 5. Beds were comfy enough.
Breakfast was probably the least impressive I've ever experienced in a hotel or b&b. the first morning it seemed reasonable until I noticed the fried egg wasn't properly cooked. The next morning I chose the same breakfast but with poached egg. This time there was very little on my plate. I'm a big fat Scotsman who enjoys a Scottish breakfast when on a break and normally breakfast fills me for most of the day. Not this one. It cam on a normal dinner plate when in reality, it could have come on a side plate.
The place needs modernised and cleaned better. There were hairs and two fingernails in the bath. The decor was old and some corners hadn't seen a cloth in years.
The leisure centre overall was good but the gents changing room left a lot to be desired. Due to the smell, I have never changed so fast in my life! The steam room was closed but the jacuzzi, sauna and the pool were enjoyable.
The hotel is just a 5-10 minute walk from the town centre and next to a bus station and train station, so no complaints about location. 32" TV in all rooms and plenty channels to watch.

Room Tip: We were unlucky to be placed on the 2nd floor with noisy people next door. The view was of the flat...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart K
Dear Stuart K,

Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Queens Hotel. Unfortunately your fellow guests staying in the hotel seem to be a little noisier than I would have hoped. The hotel is manned 24 hours a day and even during the night our night porters are well trained to deal with noisy guests in their bedrooms.

I am really happy that apart from this you scored the hotel 5 out of 5. Please please please ask for a larger breakfast next time you return to stay with us and we will be happy to oblige.

sunderland, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

I travel a lot with work, and in my free time too. So I'm rating this 4 stars. Not that it's a 4 star hotel, but it's a good 3. I start at a 5 and then knock points off for anything that I would class as a differentiator. The only thing that knocked this hotel down was the very squeaky floorboards. So my advice is to ask for a room on the top floor. This will also help with any external noise from the busy road outside and any drunk people passing by at the early hours of the morning (but I didn't knock a point off for that). So rooms are nice, avocado bathroom suite is a throw back but it was clean and functional, nice LCD tv in the room, iron and ironing board, tea facilities, good breakfast with good choice, staff were excellent throughout our stay, 100 yards to train station and 5 minute walk into Perth centre. Just sort the floorboards out and we will be back next year for another Rewind festival weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room to help eradicate noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at BEST WESTERN Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Nepxh04,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while attending the Rewind Festival.

The queens hotel is an old building which explains the creaky floorboards. Thank you for your comments regarding breakfast - we always offer a large selection and we cook the hot food to order.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

It was a week end away with my partner for his birthday . It was enjoyabl but I did feel cheated a bit with not getting in our room till after 4 . Considering check out time is before 11 . We did get locked out on sat night at 11.40 pm not very impressed we had to wait 20 minutes for a guest to find a member of staff to let us in . Apart from that a nice stay .

• Stayed July 2012
, Owner at BEST WESTERN Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Lorrainem,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. We appreciate comment from al our guests regarding their stay with us.

Check in time is from 4pm so that the housekeeping staff have time between check out and check in to service all the rooms to meet our high standards. However if you request an early arrival we will have the room ready for your arrival.

With regards to the other comment you made - our reception desk is manned until from 7am until 11pm daily and out with these hours the door is locked and you can ring the bell and the night porter will open the door for you - I apologise for any inconvenience that this caused you.