“Great price”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great price”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I managed to get a very good deal for a one night stay by calling Best Western booking. Lovely hotel and very friendly hotel staff. Unfortunatly I didnt have the breakfast as I had to be away early.I will certainly stay here the next time I pass through Perth.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank Sean P
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Sean P

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am sorry you didn't get a chance to sample our full breakfast selection, but I do hope the you were offered a continental breakfast which our Night Porter is always happy to arrange for guests who have an early start in the morning.

Mike Sheffield - Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Erskine
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Fourth time at the Rewind Festival but 1st time staying here. Great hotel, location central, staff lovely and very friendly, room large & spacious and the breakfast was tasty. Large car park with plenty of spaces & a lovely swimming pool. Can't wait to stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Kirsten M

Glad you had a great weekend, with us and at Rewind. I believe 2015 dates should be confirmed in September so you'll be able to give us a call then to book next year.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel for one night - paid for a superior room and worth every penny. Beautiful view on the 5th floor and room to probably put in a grand piano. Very clean and good attention to detail. We used the pool and spa facilities and they were excellent. The staff were without exception helpful and friendly and are to be commended. A couple of things stopped a five star review. The decor generally is dated and tired. The bar area especially badly needs a refit - upholstery is stained and not a particularly inviting place to SPEND MONEY. The breakfast was not that great - my smoked haddock had been nuked and has the consistency of a rubber shoe. Service again tho was good so I didn't complain. I have reviewed its sister hotel in Dundee where we stayed the following night if you care to look. I made a saving by booking on line in advance and interestingly paid the same price for totally different experiences. Overall the stay here was very good though and I would come back again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 502 and it is beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Martin W

Thank for your review. Love the idea of the piano - if only I could get it up the stairs! I am sorry to hear about your breakfast however, the staff would have been more that happy to change it for you. Hopefully we will see you again.
Maybole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just returned for a nights stay with friends at this hotel, on the whole it was very good could be doing with a wee spruce up, but the breakfast was excellent very fresh and tasty. Hotel room decor could be doing with a bit of attention but very clean and comfy beds.

Dear YvOnne2212

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I am glad you enjoyed your tine with us - especially the breakfast.

Wick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Warm greeting from reception staff made a good first impression. Room was large, nice facilities.....hospitality tray, iron, flatscreen tv. Ate in bar in evening, food was good and main course reasonably priced but did think deserts were a bit expensive. Breakfast was tasty, cereals, fruit juices etc on buffet, with hot food cooked to order and served to you.
Location is near bus station but there was no traffic noise, we had a very good nights sleep as room was quiet. Ten minute walk to shops and bars was convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Bank66

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you were comfortable and well looked after during your stay. I do hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Just back from staying 1 night and would highly recommend.

Yeah the hotel is ever so slightly dated but I expected this going by other reviews.

We had a double bed on the fifth floor and the room itself was huge, clean and completely spotless as were the leisure facilities and the hotel as a whole.

The breakfast was lovely and there was a fantastic varied choice from cooked to continental.

All staff members very pleasant and helpful throughout.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Xlztt

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. It's always good to receive feedback from our guests.

I do hope that you will stay with us when you are next in the area.

Dundonald, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just back from a stay at the queens hotel in Perth and felt that I needed to just say how fantastic the customer service had been during our stay. We had arrived at 11am on sat morning to go to games fair and popped into Hotel just to say we were waiting on another couple arriving and the receptionist on front desk was able to check us into a room when we thought it would be 3pm until we would be able to get checked into room. Yes the hotel is dated however the cleanliness and excellent customer service at this hotel makes up for any lack in modernisation. I would just like to add that i have worked in customer service environment for the past 14 years and could not pick any faults with staff. Well done Queens hotel.

Dear Claire M

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our customer service. I am very proud of all our staff and I am glad to hear you were well looked after during your stay.