“Very Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Very Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for one night on our way to Inverness in July 2014. The hotel was very clean and well presented, and the staff were extremely helpful. The restaurant was small and the food was very pleasant. Breakfast was quick and hearty with plenty. for all tastes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Adam L

Thank you for review of your stay with us and for sharing your experience.

Mike Sheffield - Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Coupar Angus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We tend to view Best Westerns as an acceptable standard. Until now! We arrived tired and ready for a cuppa, 2.30 room not ready, we waited 2.40 room not ready, 2.50 room not ready 3pm fed up, reminded reception the advertised book in time was 2pm. Eventually given a room which had very tired and dated furniture, the TV was a good size but not straight on the wall. Coffee was dire, undrinkable, the biscuits were very good and enough milk, tea, sugar etc. Bathroom very clean, no shower gel, shampoo and the toilet pot was not attached to the floor securely. We filled the repair form provided an left in a prominent position, it was moved to the side table and ignored. The noise from the road is too much for us but would not both some travellers. Central location is convenient. We didn't use the facilities as we had a busy schedule. Breakfast was very good and enjoyed by both of us. Apart from the receptionist who was on duty at our arrival were pleasant and helpful, sadly she chose to ignore us when we passed reception despite my attempts at a cheery hello.
We won't return as there are other hotels that suit our preferences better.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MikeSheff, Manager at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Sharon M

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Queens Hotel. I am sorry your room was not ready for you on arrival, but our advertised check in time is 4pm. I can only apologise for the fact that the repair form was not taken from your room by housekeeping and given to the maintenance man, I have addressed this issue with the housekeeping team and this should not happen again. It is disappointing that you did not like the coffee on offer in the bedrooms, we use Brodies coffee and tea products and we have always found them to be very good, but I do take on board your comments. I do note that you enjoyed the breakfast, which I will pass on to the chefs. Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Thanks

Kaye Beedie

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel was ideal for me. Whether it would suit others depends upon their tastes: it is in a superb location for Perth railway and bus stations, which have excellent travel links; it is within an easy walk of everything in the city centre of Perth; the stafff are particularly friendly; I love the haddock for breakfast; and the leisure centre would be very attractive for some. On the other hand, it is quite an old building, and it shows its age in some ways, e.g., creaky floorboards. Personally, I do not mind, but others might.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear John P

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. It's lovely to hear from our guests and to share their experience.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I managed to get a very good deal for a one night stay by calling Best Western booking. Lovely hotel and very friendly hotel staff. Unfortunatly I didnt have the breakfast as I had to be away early.I will certainly stay here the next time I pass through Perth.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank Sean P
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Sean P

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am sorry you didn't get a chance to sample our full breakfast selection, but I do hope the you were offered a continental breakfast which our Night Porter is always happy to arrange for guests who have an early start in the morning.

Erskine
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Fourth time at the Rewind Festival but 1st time staying here. Great hotel, location central, staff lovely and very friendly, room large & spacious and the breakfast was tasty. Large car park with plenty of spaces & a lovely swimming pool. Can't wait to stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Kirsten M

Glad you had a great weekend, with us and at Rewind. I believe 2015 dates should be confirmed in September so you'll be able to give us a call then to book next year.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel for one night - paid for a superior room and worth every penny. Beautiful view on the 5th floor and room to probably put in a grand piano. Very clean and good attention to detail. We used the pool and spa facilities and they were excellent. The staff were without exception helpful and friendly and are to be commended. A couple of things stopped a five star review. The decor generally is dated and tired. The bar area especially badly needs a refit - upholstery is stained and not a particularly inviting place to SPEND MONEY. The breakfast was not that great - my smoked haddock had been nuked and has the consistency of a rubber shoe. Service again tho was good so I didn't complain. I have reviewed its sister hotel in Dundee where we stayed the following night if you care to look. I made a saving by booking on line in advance and interestingly paid the same price for totally different experiences. Overall the stay here was very good though and I would come back again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 502 and it is beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Martin W

Thank for your review. Love the idea of the piano - if only I could get it up the stairs! I am sorry to hear about your breakfast however, the staff would have been more that happy to change it for you. Hopefully we will see you again.
Maybole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just returned for a nights stay with friends at this hotel, on the whole it was very good could be doing with a wee spruce up, but the breakfast was excellent very fresh and tasty. Hotel room decor could be doing with a bit of attention but very clean and comfy beds.

Dear YvOnne2212

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I am glad you enjoyed your tine with us - especially the breakfast.