“Weekend in Perth”

Best Western Queens Hotel
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

There are newer reviews for Best Western Queens Hotel

Reviewed 27 August 2014

The staff on reception were very friendly and professional on arrival. After leaving the reception area we entered the very dated lift, we walked along the dated corridor which had a straight old smell. The room was very clean and we were only staying the night so served the purpose despite being basic. The breakfast was very poor quality (tasted cheap) I really think this hotel needs to undergo an immediate update and also consider using locally sourced meat from a high quality supplier. If you just want a simple, clean room for the night then this would be fine.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dr EBreckill

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay. I must say it did make me have a wee giggle when I read that the staff were clean & friendly.

I am disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your breakfast, it is something we pride ourselves in. We do use local, quality butchers etc for all our produce, but it is good to get feedback from our guests and all comments are taken into consideration.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed there on Bank Holiday and really enjoyed the swimming pool/jacuzzi that we luckily had to ourselves.
However I had a terrible night sleep and at 6.52am the fire alarm rang! Then it was a succession of loud people in the corridors, lawnmowing, domestics opening the door without even knocking between 10am and 11am... the room was also very cold.

Thankfully we realised we could get our full Scottish breakfast in bed with no charge or no pre-booking - we rang reception around 8.30am and it arrived shortly after with toasts, coffee, jams etc. which was the highlight before getting back on the road, exhausted!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Mezzathefrog

Thank you for reviewing your Bank Holiday stay with us. Have to agree nothing better then breakfast in bed. I can only apologise that the fire alarm went off so early but I'm sure you can appreciate that this is outwith our control and is must be investigated to check if it is a false alarm or a genuine incident before alarms can be silenced. I'm afraid though I can't help you with the lawnmowing as we have no gardens so can't explain that one I'm afraid.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Saturday the weekend of the British touring cars at Knockhill, staff where excellent, food was excellent, hotel was clean and rooms warm, found this hotel faultless, I stayed in room 406

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear gerry196

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us at the Queens Hotel.

Hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have just spend a night with family at the Queens. The hotel is ideally situated only 5mins walk from the centre of Perth and has free parking which is a bonus. The Spa is free to use for guests which is good but its only small and basic. The rooms are in need of upgrading as the furniture / curtains are all very old - and it shows! The floors do creak and this could keep you awake at night but is a sign of the age of the building. Luckily we had a good sleep until the fire alarm went off at 645am! The breakfast was ok, however some of the food was under cooked. Personally if I had the choice I would book into a premier inn or similar for the same or cheaper price as they are more modern but the staff at the Queens were polite and helpful so maybe just a lick of paint is required to bring it up to the 20th century.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear MattyBlackpool

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I can only apologise for the disruption with the fire alarm but unfortunately these events are outwith our control and we must investigate if the alarm is genuine before it can be silenced. However an under cooked breakfast is unacceptable and I will be discussing this with my chef.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My colleague and I stayed here for 1 night. When I first saw my room I was delighted. But after sitting doing my emails for 1 hour I was frozen. I did complain and was told that they would put a small heater in my room. It never arrived. The dining room was cold - the reception was cold. I did point out that I didn't expect to be coked in a £100 a nigh hotel.
The waitress had a funny attitude but the food was O.K until the desert course. He had what looked like a piece of cardboard in his crete brûlée. The head waitress apologised profusely and told us she wouldn't charge us for it, which was generous seeing as he hadn't eaten it. The sugar topping on my crime brûlée had water on it and she didn't charge us for that either. Not really compensation for a sloppy kitchen.
The trouser press didn't work either, and yes I do use them all the time.
I won't be back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Les L

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I will be discussing these point with my team to make sure these events do not happen in the future and so we can improve the experience we offer to our guests.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed for 1 night, spacious room with pleasant furnishings, agree with squeaky floorboards, this was an irritation. Enjoyed lovely bar supper, good quality and value.
Unfortunately didn't have time to use facilities due to comfort of bed. Oops. No noise to disturb sleep :-)
Great breakfast. Friendly staff made us feel welcome. Will return in future.
Like the personal touch of management comments, shows you care and appreciate feedback.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bill H

Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel and our staff. Hopefully next time you will be able to make use of our leisure facilities.