“What a disappointment!”

Add it.
Redrooms
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In Perth theatre.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We went for the pre theatre menu before seeing Blythe Spirit. The play was very good but the meal was very disappointing. I would have given it two stars but my husband enjoyed his meal. However the service was slapdash, my husband was served soup but not given a soup spoon until we asked for one. We were asked if we would like a sweet before we had even had the main course and we were brought wine that we had not ordered! However the big disappointment was my main course. I had chosen the roast lamb and what came reminded me of school dinners. 3 very small very thin slices of meat each with a centre of fat. Together with a dollop of mash and a few green beans - certainly not worth the money. We didn't go any further with a pudding and when my husband paid the bill he was asked how the meal was. He relayed the above and the waitress said it was good to get feedback and she would pass it on to the chef! So glad we enjoyed the play.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Review from September 2008
Nothing special here, in fact I’d go as far as say avoid. Service really is dreadful, with a couple walking out and actually being shouted at by the waitress for complaining about the wait. The place wasn’t busy yet we waited at least 15 minutes before being served with every other table had a wait of more than this! We weren’t talking 3 course meal orders, just simple coffee/teas! The last time we went in (a busy Saturday afternoon) we were told it was closed. The theatre really deserves better and I’m sorry to say this as a regular visitor who never seems to get good service! Sad to say but if you want speedy efficient service the Starbucks across the road is a better bet and I’m sure the cakes will be fresher! The ticketing staff however are lovely, helpful & efficient. Buy your tickets here then go elsewhere for coffee.

1  Thank glasgow1975
Reviewed 28 August 2013

If you only go to the red rooms for one thing, make it the sea food tagliatelle. At £3.65 for a half portion, which is a perfect size for lunch, how good it is and at that price, it is one of best things I've ever eaten.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Met here for lunch with three friends, big mistake !!! Two of us ordered the bean burger served with sweet potato fries, coleslaw and sour cream. When it arrived the burger was served with chips and a tiny green salad. We Informed the waitress that this was not what was stated on the menu she then said she would check with the kitchen. On her return, NO APOLOGY, just they had changed the menu and would bring accompaniments if we wanted them. These arrived after our party had basically finished all of their meals and we are still waiting for the coleslaw! This was a deep fried heated up waste of money . We were very disappointed at the lack of service and of any cooking skills. Go elsewhere unless greasy heated up meals is for you !!!

Reviewed 16 March 2013

The staff were lovely and the wine and coffee were good but the food was a disappointment. My husband and I both chose the same two courses so can only comment on those. My lamb was quite good but my husband's was fatty and tough. That might not have mattered too much had there been a reasonable amount of potatoes/vegetables to accompany it. However, I doubt if our potato pieces would have made one whole potato each. The ice-cream with our pudding was a tiny scoop and the chocolate sauce was an equally tiny drizzle. We thought the days of "Nouvelle Cuisine" were long gone. The cost for two courses is £14.95 and had we not been spending a gift voucher we would have felt even more aggrieved. As it was we were famished by the end of the play.