“Friendly Pub”

Pitcairngreen Inn
Ranked #37 of 210 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Steeped in local history and set in the picturesque village of Pitcairngreen on the outskirts of Perth, the Pitcairngreen Inn, built as a coaching inn well over two hundred years ago, is still serving customers to this day. Today, Pitcairngreen Inn is a small country pub offering more than your average country fayre. Our snug and lounge offers a daily menu of local, fresh and seasonal food using some of Perthshire finest produce, reputed to be the best in the UK. We use all local suppliers and this includes our real ales and extensive range of malts. Owned by Nigel and Beverley Large, backed up by our excellent chef Calum, and bar staff Susie & Sam.
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Not our first visit by any means but as per usual we received a very friendly welcome from the bar staff.

Did not eat on this ocassion but past experience is that the food is great value and quality.

Good range of drinks at very reasonable prices.

Will definitely return

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Our little table of 6 was greeted with an elegant charm, this place is magical on the inside, a bit like stepping back through time, had we been in france i would have expected "master of the house" to have been sung.

The steak pie, was billed as the "Best in Perth" on another review, I quite agree it was spot on, as was the haggis, the ice cream and the atmosphere.

Now being of a portly nature, i enjoy good food and a good beer, not a lot of beer can be considered good, on the choosing of the barman, a man with keen taste and an eye for a good pint, he served up a pint of "light", now this cocky little number can only be described as looking like dish washer, yet tasting of heaven. Needless to say i had a 2nd.

sadly I didnt investigate the other sider where the pool table was, but I shall do next time when im in the area and possibly have quite a few more pints.

1  Thank Struddel27
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We have enjoyed several meals at the Pitcairngreen Inn in recent months, with simple, tasty, pub food. I had expected something similar for the Valentine's Special Meal but the meal far exceeded my expectations. The food was exceptional, one of the tastiest meals I have had, My vegetable terrine starter was absolutely delicious and fresh tasting, while the main course of duck breast with cabbage and root vegetables in a fantastic orange and balsamic sauce was to die for. I cannot comment on the dessert as I was too full to have any! My husband was equally keen on his choices of crab and green apple salad followed by pork belly.

1  Thank Archiesgranny
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The new management under Niel have turned this great pub/restaurant around to what I remember. Fine food, fine ales, fine ciders and a fine team. Well done.

1  Thank Rory M
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Had Sunday lunch at the Pitcairngreen Inn last weekend and have to say, very very good experience. Service friendly and prompt, great tasting food and good pricing. The Inn has great potential to be a very good local restaurant and thrive with business. Highly recommended.