“High standards all round!”
Review of Pitcairngreen Inn

Pitcairngreen Inn
Ranked #28 of 210 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Steeped in local history and set in the picturesque village of Pitcairngreen on the outskirts of Perth, the Pitcairngreen Inn, built as a coaching inn well over two hundred years ago, is still serving customers to this day. Today, Pitcairngreen Inn is a small country pub offering more than your average country fayre. Our snug and lounge offers a daily menu of local, fresh and seasonal food using some of Perthshire finest produce, reputed to be the best in the UK. We use all local suppliers and this includes our real ales and extensive range of malts. Owned by Nigel and Beverley Large, backed up by our excellent chef Calum, and bar staff Susie & Sam.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Have visited this place many times since I last reviewed it but on this occasion we stopped for something to eat. What can I say...........I have to ask why I waited so long!!

Service , as usual absolutely spot on and a wide variety of what you could describe as traditional fayre. Standard of food was excellent, presentation, quantity and taste.

Can thoroughly recommend their home made Pork Scratching's, home made chips and their triple decker club sandwich is just the business.

This place is well worth the visit.

3  Thank ScotlandFramed

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Recommended to us by the B&B owner where we stayed nearby. Obviously a favorite of the locals but we felt very welcome and comfortable there. All three of us were very happy with our meals and really enjoyed sitting by the cozy fire. Highly recommend! Would definitely be back if we're ever in Scotland again!

2  Thank Bonnie T
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Visited for a quiet meal for 2 and really enjoyed. Food is classic pub grub, but really well made. Service was excellent and attentive.

Prices are really good value and we will be back.

3  Thank Pat C
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Cannot recommend highly enough!! Went here with my Mum for Mother's Day meal and it was excellent!! We both had the Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce, celeriac coleslaw and homemade chips and oh my did it hit the spot!!! Absolutely delicious food!! Piping hot when it arrived. Very friendly service. Young waitress was really nice :). This is a little gem of a place. Very cosy (open log fire) and relaxing atmosphere. Will most definitely be back. Perfect place for a relaxing delicious meal. Don't miss it!

2  Thank AggieT1966
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Lived in perth for years but just discovered this great place.I brought my young family with me for a meal.saw great reviews I wasn't disappointed.food portions sizes were generous.even the kids ones.lovely fire and the staff were just lovely.great selections of local beers and ciders.they were lovely to our 4and 2year old.they even got them pencils to draw and keep them occupied til their dinner came.i had the pork belly.it came with black pudding and cider vinegar.it was delicious.my wife had the macaroni and she said it was the best she'd tasted.kids had scampi and steak pie.I finished theirs off it was so good.no room for the pudding but that means that a trip back very soon is in order.Miss this place then you miss out.prices are so good too.dont know how they do it!

3  Thank Pat