New County Hotel
Cherrybank Inn(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$130
Parklands(Perth)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgroupon dealon arrivalfirst floorcourse mealcar parkbit datedexcellent value for moneyfull scottish breakfastan overnight staycentral locationweekend breakshort stayblack puddingtwin roomstayed for one nightcooked breakfasttown centre
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here using amazon local deal. Welcome and check in was friendly. Bottle of wine in room and reasonable quality too. Room was bright and spacious and very clean. We ate in the restaurant and staff were very efficient and polite. The food was really tasty with thoughtful presentation. Couldn't fault it. Breakfast was freshly cooked and plenty choice!
Would return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Operations M, Manager at New County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

May we take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to accommodating you the next time you visit Perth.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The outstanding thing about this hotel is the standard of the food. We ate in the Bistro the first evening, as we were going to the Concert Hall and had to eat early. We were surprised by the very high quality of the food, much better than I expected from a bistro/pub. The following evening we ate in the main restaurant Opus One, which certainly deserves the high ratings it's received from food critics in the press. Breakfasts too were excellent, cooked to order, not self service from a greasy selection that has been sitting too long, as happens in so many hotels.
The staff generally were very helpful. I had injured my knee some time before our stay, but had neglected to let the hotel know I had a mobility problem. Despite that they managed to reorganise their original room plans, and found me a room on the first floor. Although the bathroom was a bit tired, the room was bright and clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel as excellent value for money,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I thank you for taking time to write such a positive review on the hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed the food so much and also that your needs were fully accommodated as all the staff always strive to go the extra mile to meet all our guest requirements. I along with the rest of the staff were all bowled over by your fantastic comments We hope to see you back at the New County Soon.

Operations Manager.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Purchased this through Groupon and for what we paid it was an excellent deal. We had a bottle of wine and 2 glasses waiting in our room on arrival which was very pleasant, the room we had was basic but very clean as was the bathroom and suited our needs just fine.
As there is no lift the stairs could be a problem for anyone who is elderly or has any disabilities, but there was no issue as far as were concerned.
We had a fantastic meal with a great food choice from the menu, and the breakfast was first class a beautifully presented.
All staff were very pleasant and Simon Redmond the General Manager took time to chat with guests to ensure they were happy with their meal and stay. I would have no hesitation booking this deal again and would certainly recommend it to others.

David & Beth

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

On behalf of all of us here at New County Hotel, I thank you for taking the time to share your praise for our hotel. I are truly delighted to hear you hold the hotel in such high regard and I will share with all the staff you will be truly encouraged by your positive comments.I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The lovely up to date entrance, restaurant and cafe areas are not a reflection of the sleeping accommodation. The room was very clean but in desperate need of a make over as was the bathroom. The breakfast each morning was of the highest quality as was the food we ate in the bistro on the first evening. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. If you have mobility or breathing problems then avoid this hotel as the stairs are narrow twisting and steep.

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments on your recent visit. Feedback from our guests is important as we are continually trying to improve our customer service.I can confirm our rooms pass a independent and strict AA and Visit Scotland criteria for a 3 star hotel for both design and size. We do not have a lift at the hotel but as your tip suggests if guests ever require a room on the first floor we do our very best to accommodate the request.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed you stay and your experience of the food was up to a very high standard from breakfast to dinner. I will pass on your comments to The Head chef and the rest of the team.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here with a gift purchased through amazon local. Was with my elderly mother, who has mobility problems and copd. Having no lift was a problem. En suite was like stepping back in time! Tiles must be older than me. We choose to have dinner in the bistro. Being quite a fussy eater, I was pleasantly surprised at the lovely dinner I had and the service was great. Couldn't fault it at all. For breakfast, I choose the scottish breakfast. Cooked to order, fresh and very tasty, again staff very attentive. So all in all not bad, but not for people with breathing or mobility issues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Operations M, Manager at New County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

May I take the opportunity to thank you for your recent review. I am very pleased to discover you enjoyed the food so much in Our Bistro and that the service was of such a high standard.My Team always pride themselves on going the extra mile sure everyone has a great experience when staying with us at the hotel. I can confirm hotel has never had a lift and we do try allocating people to the first floor where possible if bookings allow us to do so .I would ask that you phone ahead if you ever required a room on the first floor I hope this will enable you to look forward to visiting the Hotel in the neat future to once again experience our excellent service provided by my team.