“Lovely hotel, great value”
Review of Huntingtower Hotel

Huntingtower Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, great value”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed for the weekend recently for a friend's wedding. When we arrived I was really impressed that the hotel was furbished in a traditional highland manner but wasn't at all scruffy. All of our meals were very nice and the three course dinner is excellent value. I was particularly impressed with how accommodating the staff were- we were served throughout the weekend by a wonderful waitress who made suggestions for the (slightly) fussy eater in our party.
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
JasonDoga, General Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely comments I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be accommodating. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Hebrew first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed at hotel for one night with afternoon tea, evening meal and breakfast. Bedroom was very spacious, warm and clean, evening meal in the main restaurant area was excellent with period fire place and wood panelling walls creating a lovely atmosphere, the food was of a high standard throughout our stay and I could not fault the staff as they were very professional and helpful.

I would definetely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gale S
JasonDoga, General Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this kind review I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel and the restaurant to be excellent. The staff will be pleased to hear you found them professional and helpful so I will ensure to pass on your comments.
Fort William, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had dinner and breakfast here over a weekend, while staying in the Huntingtower Lodges across the gardens. Unfortunately the Hotel was full with a wedding party. Huntingtower is a gem of a find, its so close to Perth but so countrified, lovely river walk/cycle just at the bottom of the lane.
Our dinner numbers where in the high 20's to 30's (including Children) and we were made to feel very welcome. Morag looked after us with wit and banter, nothing was too much trouble, even booking 9 breakfasts and 17 of us turning up ! We had a dining room to ourselves, a table beautifully set, and the meals, out of this world. For a three course meal plus coffee/tea and mints for £19.95, just amazing.(Children's menu available) Scrumptious local produce all beautifully cooked and presented perfectly. Desserts delicious, cheese board included wow, a bargain, what more can I say. Diet blown away again !
Next time I hope we manage to stay in the Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your lovely review I am delighted to hear that you found the service superb and that Morag went out her way to help you. The chef and his team will be pleased to hear of the wonderful comments regarding his food; I shall make sure these are passed on. I hope you do get a chance to stay in the hotel in the future.
skegness
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Had a wonderful stay at above hotel food was great, rooms so clean, staff very friendly especially Morag she made us feel special and we got a very warm welcome, thank you all it was a well earned break ina marvellous hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words I will be sure to pass these on especially to Morag who will be delighted to hear them. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Birmingham U.K
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was a first time stay for me but it wont be my last,Good location about a mile out from central Perth. Excellent spacious bedrooms with Sky Sports on the room TV.
The restaurant was reasonable value with a £20 3 course meal of excellently cooked food.
Very attentive staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay I am pleased to hear you found the rooms spacious and the meals of good value, the staff will be especially pleased to hear you found them all very attentive.
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel near the end of August as part of our anniversary celebrations and couldn't have picked a better place. The building and setting were excellent as was the service we received from all the staff we met.
The package we booked included afternoon tea, dinner and breakfast and all meals were of a very high standard. My only disappointment was that I couldn't get a pint of Guinness as they don't have this on draught or bottle.
We will return again and I've also recommended this hotel to family and friends so hopefully they will enjoy the same experience we had.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review I am delighted to hear you found picked the perfect place for your anniversary celebration hopefully we will see you again next year.
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed for 1 night with my partner on 2nd October, first impressions were good, the location is far enough off the main road to feel secluded in a country retreat although easy enough to drive to the nearest city Perth (approx 10 mins drive) on check in, the staff very friendly snd helpful we asked to have a bottle a Champage chilling for us when we arrived back from visiting Perth which the staff were more than happy to do even though it was Champage that we brought ourselves, the room we had was a standard double which was clean, the decor in keeping with the traditional feeling of this hotel, drinks in the bar were relaxing and again the staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast was cooked to order and very good quality with the restaurant staff attending to out every need, on check out could not fault the service again here. All in all a fantastic nights stay at this hotel, i will definately be booking again in the future and have no hesitations in recommending this hotel to anyone who is looking for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and the food of a good quality. I will be sure to pass your comments on to all concerned; I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you when you return to the hotel.