“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Perth
fife
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed on Friday 21st March . Hotel is in a fantastic location , Our room was very comfortable and spacious with plenty tea /coffee . All the staff were very pleasant and could not do enough for us . The meal was of a very high quality and service was on time and we were made to feel like nothing was too much trouble so long as we enjoyed ourself . The bar staff were always on hand to serve us and always with a smile and a chat to make us feel at ease . All in all this is a lovely place to stay if you are wanting a break to make you feel energised and relaxed . We will be back very soon and not just for the night but for a nice relaxing weekend .

Paul Smart

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thefifer1962
JasonDoga, General Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.

It pleases me to hear that you were well looked after and that nothing was too much trouble for the staff and that you were always served with a smile.

I hope i have the opportunity to welcome you back In the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Hebrew first
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I came here on a business trip with three colleagues and I can say that we all share the same view- the hotel was brilliant and had pure Scottish charm. The rooms were spacious and warm; with tartan carpets and plenty of tea and shortbread!

The restaurant was surprisingly fantastic- the food and service was very high class, and was served in a candle lit restaurant in a room with huge ceilings and a central fireplace.

The value of the hotel was brilliant- £40 per night which in my opinion is an absolute bargain for this lovely hotel in the pretty countryside. The staff were friendly and helpful and a night porter was always available. I would definitely return- it had a vintage feel but was clean and not falling apart like most hotels that look like this!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Gabrielle_Tamo
Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the Scottish Charm.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had our wedding here last July an absolutely brilliant day food was fantastic and everyone enjoyed their stay hoping to go back to celebrate our first anniversary !.If you are looking for an intimate and child friendly venue we would definitely recommend Huntingtower .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank duffs70
Thank you very much for your kind review I am delighted to hear that you had a brilliant day and that you are coming back to celebrate your anniversary.

I look forward to welcoming you back in July.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just returned from a two night break with my family to celebrate my dads 80th birthday. We had a really fantastic time. I cannot believe the previous persons comments. The food was amazing on both evenings and the breakfast menu had so much to choose from, it was truly delicious. There was 21 in our party and all our rooms were perfect, spotlessly clean, with real character. Our bathroom was gorgeous and the bath was huge with constant hot water.
The staff were so helpful and polite and most of all friendly, always asking if we needed anything.
The hotel has lots of character with plenty of areas to sit together for relaxing, the gardens were lovely too.
All in all we had a fab time and are already planning our next family get together at Huntingtower Hotel. Thanks for a great weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Fifer1314
Thank you for your lovely review I am thrilled to hear you had a fantastic time and that you are already planning your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back.
Glasgow, Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

After reading reviews, decided to stay for a short break. Very disappointed. Arrived on the Thursday around 1pm. Receptionist advised room was not ready, which was acceptable, check in was 2.00pm. I asked if we could have lunch. Sorry, she replied, but there is a function on and people are just going for lunch. Ask at the DesK? she advised and they may be able to help you - explain you are a resident. Enough!! (is that not part of her job?) We went out for lunch. Returned and went to the room which was fine. Quite comfortable. Dinner in the evening was a bit of a let down. I assume they are serving as "fine dinning" , but the portions were so small I actually left the restuarant wanting to head to the nearest "chippie". We were seated next to a window in the restuarant, and it was so dirty you could draw pictures on it.

Breakfast the following morning, again, seemed a fairly good selection, but portion wise oh dear........I had scrambled egg with salmonm.......it would have fitted onto the palm of my hand. Not impressed. We were not asked if we would like any more teak/coffee or toast which is the norm, the service was poor. Again the windows in the Conservatory were badly needing cleaned - pictures again! Decided to go into Perth and do some shopping. Lovely time, returned around 3.00pm hoping to freshen up, or even have a little nap. Shocked to find that the room had not been cleaned. My husband spoke to the Receptionist. No apology offered just "oh dear, I'll get her to go to your room just now" - didn't seem in the least surprised. With no indication from the Receptionist that the room had indeed been cleaned despite sitting in the foyer area, we checked ourselves about 1 hour later. By this time, what was supposed to be a relaxing break was turning out the opposite. We cancelled the booking for the restuarant that evening, and went to eat locally, which was excellent. In fact, we checked that evening and drove home - couldn't muster up the will for another night and breakfast.

Despite the reviews, we did not find the staff either friendly nor helpful, in fact the complete opposite and we have stayed in many hotels in Scotland. Will definitately not be returning, and to be honest I would not recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marion_amato
JasonDoga, General Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
I am very shocked by your review and would like to discuss this further, please contact Jason Doga or Debbie Scott on 01738 583771 at your earliest convenience.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend as we were attending a friends wedding that was taking place within the hotel. It was a wonderful quaint ceremony and the decor and friendly, helpful staff made the day very welcoming.

We very luckily got to stay in one of their lodges which was very spacious, clean, tidy and felt like a home from home even if it was just for one night.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who fancies a nice quiet weekend away somewhere different. The food is good and the hotel is quaint and sweet.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravellerTL2014
Thank you for your lovely review, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to others.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

my husband and I have just spent a lovely two days at this beautiful hotel. from the moment we arrived every thing was perfect, the staff were helpful, friendly and very professional. the room was beautiful and very clean. we had dinner on both nights and the food and service was outstanding.
will be going back

Room Tip: room 202 lovely