Huntingtower Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
1,017 results
All reviewslovely groundshunting towersunday nightthree coursesvenisonlovely hotelbar menucourse dinnerfirst classwedding venuelounge areaour room was spaciousthe ground floorquiet locationwedding receptionovernight stayboth mornings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Entering the building it gives the wrong impression as it is drab and poorly lit. Climb the stairs and one pattern of carpet suddenly changes to another pattern with worn holes in it. Having said that the remainder of the hotel was not stunning but acceptable with the exception of our bedroom. We stayed in room 215 which is at the back of the hotel overlooking ugly and messy flat roofs. The extremely noisy kitchen extractor fans run from 8.00am to 9.00pm only feet from the window and delivery vans arrive just before 6.00am. Not quite the quite and peaceful country retreat expected. The room itself is probably the smallest that I have ever stayed in and I estimated that it measured an approximate grand 10ft 2ins by 10ft 10ins. There was virtually no space to move let alone unpack. There was no chest of drawers except one tiny bedside table. The wardrobe was about 2ft square and contained an ironing board, with a stained and torn cover, which only fitted in diagonally making it virtually impossible to hang up any clothes. The bath/shower room was small but manageable. Overall cleanliness was reasonable although the odd large cobweb was spotted.
The dinners were acceptable although portions were on the small side with virtually no vegetables with the main courses. One starter that I ordered was asparagus with Parma ham and I would have expected at least five or six stems but there was only one spindly stem which had been cut in half. Breakfast was reasonable although the cold options on the buffet table were poor.
With the odd exception the staff were very friendly and helpful.
I definitely won't be returning

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room at the back especially number 215
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robin2512
JasonDoga, General Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, I am sorry to hear that it was not up to your expectations.

If you would like to get in touch in touch regarding these matters I would happily discuss with you. My contact number is 01738 583771.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Loved this place! beautifully decorated with that lovely oldy worldy feel. Rooms very large, hotel is set in beautiful grounds and all meals were delicious. Stayed here when in Perth on business but will definitely return for pleasure

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased to hear that you will return. I will ensure to pass your comments regarding the food on to our chef and his team as he will be pleased to hear them.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here for my work Christmas night out and had a fab time, the most slick, Christmas event I have ever attended. with lovely accommodation and nice staff. Due to this, we were glad when we spied an offer for an overnight stay. The food was exceptional, specifically the salmon and venison which are all sourced locally. We were in one of the rooms in the original part of the house this time. Smaller than at Christmas but still a far larger, cleaner room than most hotels offer. The grounds are exquisite and very well maintained, it was a real treat to eat our breakfast in the conservatory overlooking the river. We followed it with a stroll around the grounds. Lovely friendly staff too, we will definitely go back!

Room Tip: The rooms are all large but they also have lodges in the grounds, well worth asking about!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry B
JasonDoga, General Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for the lovely review, I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to the hotel and that we didn’t disappoint second time round.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had a lovely stay and couldn't find fault with anything. Would highly recommend this hotel. Bedroom good size and bed very comfortable. Very peaceful and had a good night's sleep. Cleanliness of a high standard. Hotel sits in nice grounds which are well kept. Squirrels and birds seen in gardens and stream running through grounds,.

Room Tip: We were in standard twin booked through Bookings.com and also had a visit with friends who had an apartment in one of the lodges which looked lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review, I am pleased to see that everything was to your liking and that we did not disapoint.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had a 2nd visit to the Huntingtower this week. We had a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast package. This was our 2nd visit - we had decided to go back as we like it so much last year. The Hotel seemed a little more 'shabby' this time - in need of some TLC I'd say. It was very busy with a wedding and all the rooms were full. We were given a room - which although 'double' seemed very small and dark with no view at all. I asked if we could move as we had such a nice room last time - but with it being fully booked - that was not possible. The dinner was also disappointing - still very nice - but definitely not as good as last time. Breakfast was lovely. The service was good and the hotel was clean and we did enjoy our stay - just a shame about the room.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room with a nice view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay, I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I am sorry to hear that you did not like your room; all of our rooms vary from size and style due to being part of the orginal building thus preventing us from makes physical alterations.

I am sorry to hear that the food you had in the evening was not up to your expectations our Chef takes great pride in the dishes that leave our kitchen and would be disappointed to hear this.

I do hope this visit does not deter you from returning, if you do wish to return we can request specific room types with a view.