“Wedding &Overnight Stay...Excellent”

and 1 more site!
Huntingtower Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My sisters wedding was held at Huntingtower Hotel, Perth 25/05 and we have nothing but praise for the help, support and efficient customer service provided by the friendly and professional staff. They responded quickly and effectively to our requests and were thoroughly pleasant throughout. The food on the day was excellent and served to all guests quickly and efficiently. The fresh and fabulous breakfasts .. cooked to order.Mmmmmmm Well done to Diane , wedding coordinator and to Jimmy for their attention to detail making the day run so smoothly and pleasurable. Many of the guests commented on how lovely and enjoyable the day had been......praise indeed!

Room Tip: Very comfy beds and pillows , ignore comment re swimming pool could not delete it. There is no pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lorna D

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Have stayed at this hotel four times in last few years. Beautiful setting just outside Perth. Staff very friendly and know area well. Very comfortable bedrooms especially those on upper floor. After staying once get regular emails with fantastic discounts such as free evening meal.
Extensive menu in evening food wonderful dining room very smart makes you feel you are staying at a 5 * hotel. Have recommended to friends who have all loved staying there.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms can be noisier with people walking up above and near reception
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed as part of a conference last week. I stayed in room 203 which is in the original building and was perfectly adequate for my needs. It had a large bathroom and comfortable bed. The curtains allowed for full darkness and i slept really well. Although it is a three star hotel, the food and facilities for conferencing and weddings are excellent and four star at least. We enjoyed the cooked to order breakfasts, fantastic smoked salmon, delicious wood pigeon and lamb meals that were cooked to perfection. Only let down is there is no gym, so i went for a run to the Huntingtowe r Castle which is about a mile away. The bar and restaruant staff were great fun and happy to chat to us when we were propping up the bar in the wee small hours of the morning.... Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
JasonDoga, General Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you very much for writing this kind review, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. I will ensure to pass on your kind words to the chef and the waiting staff as they will be delighted to hear them.

Hopefully you will have the opportunity to vist us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Took advantage of a one night deal and thoroughly enjoyed our stay--well proportioned room , dinner and breakfast very good and staff helpful .

Hotel set in nice grounds and in good location on outskirts of Perth.

Room Tip: Rooms with view over gardens/ stream preferable
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review I am pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be helpful.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Facility and service were great. From reception to room staff they were friendly and engaging. Handicapped access was better than normal but still not ADA standard. I just don't think you will find that in Scotland. FOOD was provided for the group and it was 5 star. great selection and outstanding taste. This was the best two nights in Scotland out of 12. If you are visiting Perth I recommend Huntingtower Hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind review, I am thrilled to hear that the two nights spent with us were your best in Scotland, I will ensure to pass on your comments to all staff concerned.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Booked the Huntingtower after a recommendation from friends, so we booked one of the deals that were on offer. Our room overlooked the side part and looked onto the gardens and stream, very quiet peaceful nights sleep, room was adequate, bathroom was huge with bath and shower. The Hotel was busy and we had a bit of a wait for afternoon tea, however when it arrived there was plenty of choice. Meal in the evening was excellent, wine was reasonably priced, breakfast was very good with a good selection of cooked dishes, my wife and I both ordered fish my wife had haddock with poached eggs and I had smoked salmon with scrambled eggs. The Hotel overall could do with brightening up, reception is a bit dark and unwelcoming, the staff were friendly and kept busy, bar was small but well stocked, we would be back for one of the deals.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the evening meal to be excellent. The staff will also be very pleased to hear that you found them friendly.

Hopefully we will see you again

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This was the 2nd time I have visited and I was very disappointed with this stay.

This was a birthday treat for my 45th birthday.

At check in, they seemed confused regarding the tariff and options we had booked (booked dinner option). Eventually they realised that we were on a DBB rate.

We were given room 217, up the top of a small narrow winding staircase with mis-matching and frayed carpets.

It was quite a struggle getting up the stairs with our luggage and 1 year old.

The room was in need of a good overhaul.

The walls were badly marked along with the skirtings. You could also write on the desk, seeing what you wrote through the layer of dust on top of it.

We were only there for one night so we put up with it.

We went for dinner and yet again had to go through the whole we booked and paid for the dinner option.

I noticed the Michelin Recommended window sticker was absent on arrival.

The menu price of £21.50 for three courses seemed very reasonable. The restaurant was busy all night.

The food was good if unspectacular, just lacking the wow factor.

The restaurant was pleasant enough although the set of curtains near to where we were sitting were frayed and ripped at the bottom.

Service was friendly but thet did clear my plate before my wife was finished. They also tried to clear my wifes plate twice before she had finished.

We returned to our room to find that the velux type window in the 2nd room had no curtain or blind fitted. The wee one was groucy but couldnt settle. Made a make shift curtain with a towel. Not ideal and very hostelish.

The bed was two singles zipped together. Not sure if the bed linen was fresh because we found quite a number if hairs in the bedsheets and top of the duvet.

Would we return or reccommend? Sorry it has to be a No.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chilleruk
JasonDoga, General Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay, I would like to discuss some of the points raised if you would not mind contacting myself Jason Doga on 01738 583771.

I look forward to hearing from you