Huntingtower Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
1,016 results
All reviewslovely groundshunting towersunday nightthree coursesvenisonlovely hotelbar menucourse dinnerfirst classwedding venuelounge areaour room was spaciousthe ground floorquiet locationwedding receptionovernight stayboth mornings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2010

Stayed here in November. Arrived and there was a mix up with my room. I'd requested a view away from the car park but that was what they gave me. Receptionist was diinterested so I spoke to the manager who couldn't change my room. No compensation was offered. Really poor service all round. They don't seem to know what customer service is.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Stayed at this hotel for one night as in Perth to see a commedian. Easy to find, well signed posted and drove up to this beautiful hotel. In lovely grounds, can see why its popular for weddings etc.

We went up to our double room which was huge, not used to big hotel rooms after all the travelling we have done all over Europe.

The only problem we had was being woken up early Friday morning by workmen/drills working on the hotel room doors opposite us/on our floor, I felt this should have been mentioned when we checked in that work was being carried out.

Apart from this I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Just home from an overnight stay at one of the Huntingtower's Xmas party nights and what a great time we had.
I've stayed at this hotel before and have always found the rooms spacious and clean, the food delicious and well prepared, and the staff friendly and approachable.
However, I was a little worried that the hotel might put on the conveyor belt type of food you get at some party nights.
My worries were unfounded. There was a great selection on the menu and the food was great. I was in a party of 20 and everybody was really pleased with their meals.
The entertainment was a disco and the DJ kept the dance floor filled until the wee small hours.
Our room was lovely, with a stand alone bath and flat screen TV. It was clean, spacious and had beautiful views out onto the gardens.
What I really liked though, was the General Manager came down to the party night and went from table to table making sure everyone was having a good time. A nice touch in this day and age.
My wife and I, along with the group we were with, all had a fun filled night and will not hesitate to book this hotel again. Well done, The Huntingtower Hotel !!

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I've stayed at the hotel before when my employer arranged it. On those occasions, the rooms were superb - up the grand wide stairs by the dining room, generous size, boutique style decor, I couldn't fault them and would look forward to returning. This time, I made the booking myself and now I never want to come back again! Instead of going up the grand stairs, I was directed up the narrow winding staircase behind the Reception desk, with a wobbly rope handrail and tight corners. It spiralled up and up - my elderly mother wouldn't be able to climb these stairs with this handrail, but I assume there's a lift (though we weren't directed to one). My single room was right above the kitchen and far too noisy to relax in due to the very loud kitchen fan. To be fair, it was turned off overnight so I got a good night's sleep - but I'd have preferred a room that I didn't have to escape from, and Reception said there was no other room available (mid week in early December). The bedding was a crisp white duvet, but the similarity with the boutique hotel rooms stopped there. No valence on the bed, curtains hanging off (I hooked them back up), no curtain or blind on the bathroom window, and a museum piece bathroom with a mahogany coloured suite, ghastly pictorial tiles and a carpet. (I'm really not keen on carpet around a toilet for hygene reasons - some men don't aim well.) It had cheap pump action liquid soap screwed to the wall, the type that turns hair into brillo pad. The food at dinner was good, though we were hussled to make our choice because staff had to deal with a businessmen's meeting. Given the very dated decor of the room, the 'boarding house' stairs and corridor up to it, plus the poor quality of the toiletries and the fact the room was too noisy to sit in between 6 and 9, I think my dinner bed and breakfast rate - 83.50 GBP - was very expensive indeed. Being penalised 25 GBP for this horrid single room added insult to injury. Maybe this is what people booking via Classic Britain are allocated, but they did gave the cheapest internet deal.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2009

We arrived to be greeted by friendly and helpful staff in reception. Our room was warm, very pleasant, spacious and extremely clean. We had a super meal in the dining room after complimentary canapes with a pre dinner drink. The scallops that we chose as a starter were cooked to perfection. The food really impressed us and we looked forward to our meal the following evening and were not disappointed. The carrot, honey and ginger soup was like nectar and the main course was cooked exactly as I had requested. All in all, we found this hotel to be exceptional value for money and we just wish that it was closer to our home so that we could visit it more often!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple