“Good Hotel in a Prime Location...recommended.”
Review of Royal George Hotel

Royal George Hotel
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Firstly this is solely my experience and 100% genuine.
I have just stayed at this hotel for several nights.
The hotel is in an excellent location right on the river Tay and excellent for the town centre of Perth.
The hotel and room were very good and the room I had was above average with a luxurious bathroom.The wifi connection gave no problems.
The breakfast was excellent and I had no problems and would not hesitate to stay here again.
I hope this helps with your travel arrangements.
Thank you to the staff for making this a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Trya a room at back as there can be some traffic noise from the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We travelled to The Royal George Hotel for a 4 night stay with Concerts in Perth and Dunkeld. Prior to our arrival the Hotel and staff were superb in assisting us with the bookings, room and meal arrangements. We received a warm Scottish welcome on arrival, check was excellent given that there were over 70 of us!. Throughout our stay the staff were helpful, courteous and fun! The food and accommodation was really good and to be honest I don't think we could have wished for more .......... other than an extra couple of nights.
Many thanks to Eddie Anderson and his staff for a truly great few days :0)

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but if you can, then request one overlooking the River Tay
2  Thank MikeS_Cymru
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The Royal George hotel was everything I could have wished for. It is large enough to cater to the needs of a large and sociable group like ours, but was small enough to maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The staff were helpful, knowledgable, and professional, and made us feel at home.
The rooms are clean and spacious, and the bathrooms are clean and of a good size with an amazing shower. The hair dryer was a classic hotel hair dryer, but nothing to complain about.
The Royal George's location on the river Tay is picturesque, and enjoying our breakfast in the conservatory was a joy every morning. The waiting staff catered to our every requirement, and the full Scottish breakfast really is something else. Perth town centre is only minutes away, within easy reach with its restaurants, bars and shops.
The bar staff were outstanding, especially a young man called Sean, who looked after us all, and made sure that each and every one of us enjoyed our evenings at the hotel.
Many of us have said that we'd happily stay at The Royal George should we visit Perth again.

Room Tip: The stairs to the top floor give you a good workout!
4  Thank Carys A
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel on the banks of the River Tay in the heart of Perth. Good location near to the museum and adjacent to the shopping centre.

Requested early check in at 12.15pm as I was expecting a two hour conference call to which hotel agreed. Reservation made by American Express which was all in order including my request for a full view of the River on the top floor - sure it was, with a view to die for. The hotel has not been modernized and there are no elevators - but the bellboy is helpful in transferring bags to the room. Rooms are of a good size, and easy to relax or work in. Wifi worked well in all areas of the hotel.

Breakfast was included in out package - cold Buffett selection with hot al la carte. Full Scottish was more than I could manage.

Some signs of aging but a very friendly hotel that I would be pleased to stay in again if I were visiting Perth.

REQUEST A ROOM OVERLOOKING THE RIVER - great location and views!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nigel G
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We attended my sister's wedding at The Royal George yesterday. I cannot commend the staff and management enough on their effort and efficiency. We (unfortunately) did not stay here, but my sister and brother-in-law stayed in Rm32. The room was big and beautifully decorated with a lovely, big bathroom. It was cleaned to perfection with everything you'd expect to have available in the room.

Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff members and my sister had been looked after to the highest standard from start to finish.

Having worked in the hotel industry for many years myself, I can honestly say that this wedding was run with precision. Not a single detail was missed and all our requests were catered to with a smile and a friendly attitude. The service during the wedding meal was attentive without being obtrusive. The meal was excellent, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! Wine glasses were kept full and everything ran so smoothly.

The evening reception was also wonderful, with a lovely room, a great sized dance floor and a bar in the function room. The evening buffet was brought out on time and was very yummy and well appreciated.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough for their excellence of service, wonderful food, and truly lovely, helpful and friendly staff.

Thank you all so, so much for helping to make my sister's day even more memorable and enjoyable.

P.S. I think this hotel is quite deserving of at least 4 stars!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The room in and of itself was wonderful. The double bed was separated from the couch and television with a wall, making it simple for one person to rest while another relaxes and watches TV. The bathroom was beautiful, with black tile and a huge bathtub. This was especially nice since we had spent several hours on a plane and then had been out venturing through several cities on our drive up from Glasgow. The front desk staff was wonderful, and incredibly helpful in suggestions for eating and places to visit while we were in Perth and on our trek up to Inverness and the Highlands. Overall, this was a great find and we got the room for a fairly reasonable price. I would give a 5-star recommendation for anyone staying here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the River Tay, and/or a room on one of the higher floors so you can see...
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We booked this hotel through Booking.com. We made decision based on Reviewss on Trip Advisors. The hotel was in excellent location. It is at Perth city center, facing to Tay River and just at the Perth Old Bridge. The room was large, clean, well equipped with amenities. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was fine. It was wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple