“Another try.....much better experience since”
Review of 1747 Restaurant - CLOSED

1747 Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Stuart's at The Lovat is under new onwership - breaking away from the past, Stuart's is focussing on serving unpretencious, freshly prepared, good food with value for money to our customers. Wherever possible we use locally sourced ingredients from some of the regions best suppliers. Our team of chef's are passionate about well presented dishes that are packed full of flavour, and our waiting staff are happy to handle any requests you and your family have!
Perth, United Kingdom
“Another try.....much better experience since”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My last review was scathing after a bad experience with food not cooked properly but this restaurant is right on our doorstep so we have given it another try a couple of times. There were a couple of comments made about my chicken being cooked properly when I went back with a friend after my experience and it was a bit disappointing that it wasn't dealt with well at the time but we decided to give the place another try despite this.
Our subsequent experiences (3) have been much better and the food has been good on each occasion. The menu is more limited than previously but the quality was good. Staff were attentive and the service was fine. Consistency matters a great deal in terms of return custom and maintaining standards is essential, but a much better exprience for us on the last 3 occasions.

• Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

We have used this restaurant for our annual trip to Perth for over 5 years. We kept going back based on convenience and reasonable value, but the latest visit may be the last. The menu selection has diminished and special offer meal package offeredthis time unrealistic. Considering the final bill it is time to move on. Food was good, staff reasonably efficient but overall package should be better for this type of hotel restaurant.

Visited June 2013
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have been a customer of this restaurant for the past 4 years. I have see the very positive changes both in the menu and the quality of cooking. I agree that up until the past year the meals could vary in quality according to whichever chef was on duty.

HOWEVER, in the past year, the meals have been excellent. I had a fabulous meal tonight with my sister. Menu various excellent choices, but my sister wanted something off menu, which was no trouble at all. Served with a smile and great efficiency. Only very small critique, rolls would have been better warmed through.

I am lucky that this restaurant is an easy stroll from my home, and I have used it frequently. I would, however, like to congratulate all of the staff who have embraced the upheaval connected with the upgrade of the Lovat and still made their previous customers feel welcome along with the obvious new customers this had attracted. Local or holidaymaker, fabulous choice with reasonable prices.

Welcoming smiles, efficient and pleasant service, all led by superb management. Food superb.. I'll be back!

• Visited May 2013
Perth, United Kingdom
“Disappointing meal... poor service”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We visit the Lovat Hotel regularly for meals at lunch time and in the evening and have usually had a reasonable experience there. We have also had our Christmas Day lunch there for the past three years and the food and the service have been very good.
However, we were there for lunch recently and I had the Asian style curry with chicken and half way through my meal I came across a piece of chicken which was raw in the centre. I called over the waiter who did apologise and took the meal away. I was then completely flabbergasted to be told by the waiter that the chef had told him to tell me that he had used a probe on the chicken and it was in fact not raw! I told him that he and the rest of our party had clearly seen raw chicken and that the explanation was completely unacceptable. I was not offered another meal but the waiter said that we wouldn't be charged for that meal. Without this concession this review would have been for one star not two. I have had experiences of this restaurant being a bit hit and miss previously but this was the worst occasion, serving raw chicken then claiming that because he had used a "probe" it could not be raw despite visual evidence to the contrary is unforgiveable. We will now be re-considering our Christmas Day lunch with this hotel as although it is very convenient, this sort of practise is potentially dangerous as the one meat which should never be served raw is chicken despite the chef's claims.
We won't be back in a hurry, sorry but our business is now lost.....

• Visited April 2013
Scottish Highlands
“just really good food and friendly staff”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

A great meal. Imaginative menu and really well cooked food! I had a smoked salmon starter with a creme fraiche filling to start; my only gripe was it would have been nice to have a bread roll or even better some brown bread and butter! For may main I had a stuffed bell pepper with really tasty rice and melted feta with a lovely fresh salad. One of the best veggie meals I have had in ages!

• Visited February 2013