“Perth's best restaurant right now.”
Review of Duo

Duo
Ranked #27 of 200 Restaurants in Perth
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Perth, United Kingdom
“Perth's best restaurant right now.”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We've been here a few times now and it has never failed to disappoint. Firstly it's very small and intimate so the atmosphere is great whether it's full or not (it will be!). The menu is interesting without being overwhelming. We had a starter which wasn't on the menu but which the owner/manageress (I'm not sure which) suggested to us as she'd just bought in the produce for it. It was Padron peppers, cooked in rock salt. So simple but delicious and a perfect dish to share!

For my main I had a pizza which was superb and cooked to perfection in their stone oven. The restaurant itself has that warm feeling about it, like it's the perfect place to eat to excess and drink red wine all night. So that's exactly what we did!

The only downside is that it's so good that it's become instantly popular so if you're planning a visit then book well in advance!

• Visited May 2014

Perth
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We turned up one evening having not booked, although busy they soon found us a table for three and we also had a baby in a car seat, the staff were very friendly, the food arrived promtly and was very good, two of us had the mussels and our son had a pizza, would certainly recommend and will be visiting here again very soon.

• Visited July 2014
“Great pizza when they've got the dough”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Been here twice for takeaway. Delighted to find Tartiflette on the menu. The pizza is brilliant.

But on second visit they'd run out of dough by 8.30pm. I suppose that's testimony to their popularity but I was surprised there was nobody there to make more dough??

“Best pizzas in perth”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Home baked in a stone oven two for Tuesday I am in love with this restaurant/take away good honest food best pizza I have ever eaten.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic find with food & staff to match......”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Was up in Perth for the first time in May this year for the Alison Moyet gig at the Concert hall, and decided to drive up a bit earlier to get some food beforehand - We had phoned ahead for a table for 4pm.

Perth is a lovely city - very clean

On our arrival the table was still occupied so we wandered around a bit more along the riverbank - returning 15 mins later we got our table.

The restaurant is cosy with only a small amount of tables, as the woman got ready for the evening service the attention to details was excellent - lighting and arranging the candles, lowering the blinds, cleaning under the tables, adjusting the lights.

When I went to the toilet it was one of the most cleanest I've seen! This is good to see and I could smell detergent had been used recently so it's nice to see cleaning is being done throughout the day.

Now onto the food - I had a vegetarian pizza - this was a mouthwatering treat - I'm a big pizza fan and it's not often I say that about food I eat outside of my own home.

We also ordered dessert and again these were outstanding and very tasty.

I wasn't drinking as I had the car but my partner had some red wine and commented on how she thought it was a good idea that you could get a glass of any of the bottled wines on offer as many other places it's normally only a choice of 2- 3 if only having a glass - the wine was served in a little carafe - nice touch.

We both said said how much we had enjoyed the food here, and felt with the atmosphere of the place - it felt like we were over in the Mediterranean somewhere.

Staff were pleasant and attentive without being over bearing - really did have a lovely meal here and the price was a nice surprise too - we were expecting it to be much more than it was.

Would recommend eating here but you'll need to book as it only has a few tables.

A big thumbs up from me!

• Visited May 2014