“Wow”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Atholl Place

Pool table
Wall mounted plasma TV with DVD player connected
Table tennis games room
Atholl Place
Large kitchen with range cooker
Formal drawing room
Kingsize bed in master bedroom
Kingsize bed
Master en-suite with claw foot bath
Family bathroom
Entrance hall
Twin bedroom
Fully equipped kitchen
Fully enclosed mature garden
Double bedroom
Working dumb waiter
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

angiebroo...
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Wow”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

We booked Atholl Place for my husbands 50th birthday. The house was perfect for the 12 of us. We were completely blown away from the moment we walked in the door. The house is a beautifully restored townhouse on 4 floors. The bedrooms are located on the top 2 floors and all are extremely spacious. The Master bedroom with massive ensuite is stunning. There are 2 living areas which meant you could spread yourselves out. The children loved the pool table and table tennis. The kitchen was well equipped and the large dining table allowed us all to be seated comfortably. The location of the house in the centre of Perth means you are within walking distance to the shops and public transport. It was quite simply the perfect place for us and we will certainly recommend to friends and family.

Ann R
Motherwell, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A fantistic big house in great a location”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Stayed at this house over the Easter weekend with all the family 12 of us . It is on four levels so a lot of stairs but got used to them quickly ...The house is of high standard and in a great location ideal for big groups .We had great fun with the pool room and table tennis room and very well equipped kitchen .we would highly recommend this house and hope to return again ...Ann...

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the standard of the whole place
Liked least: stairs
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
smidging
scottish Borders
“Weekend away for mums 60th”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Booked Athol place for a birthday weekend for my mums 60th. There were 12 adults and one child. The house accommodated us brilliantly with plenty rooms to escape to if you wanted to be on your own. Ample parking (2 assigned spaces) with the other cars parking on the street directly outside. Very close to shops/restaurants/bars etc and a lovely park across the road. Well equipped kitchen with huge dining table. Would highly recommend and will definately be back.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
LWallace...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Mums surprise 70th Birthday weekend”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We rented Atholl Place to celebrate my mums 70th Birthday. The house was perfect for our family (8 adults & 3 kids). The location was great as it is in the centre of Perth and has 2 parking spaces.
The house has a fully equipped kitchen and all the bedrooms were very comfortable. Didn't manage to make use of the garden due to it being freezing outside but the garden was enclosed and safe for kids should you need it.
I rent houses twice a year with friends and would certainly book Athol Place for a friends weekend. Cant praise this property enough.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: location
Liked least: nothing I could complain about
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Large groups
andyordre...
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“A jaw-droppingly impressive weekend break experience from booking with Nick to leaving what I'd describe as a palace!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

It's challenging to do this justice in writing! Having spent much time trawling through rental flats and cottages in Glasgow, I was becoming disheartened at the lack of attractive options for a city break in line with what I was looking for. I resorted to accepting travelling for longer might be necessary and began looking for cottages in the countryside but luckily found this advert which represented a perfect compromise and an end to my search - the pictures alone meant my decision was made. Perth is a great town with plenty culturally stimulating and fine dining experiences on offer, but aside from our amazing meal on the first night (in a restaurant a mere stone's throw from the property), we never left the front door all weekend.

From my first e-mail and phone conversation with Nick, I was blown away. This sense of world class customer care only increased over time. Every question I asked was not just answered, but supported with as much helpful information as possible. Every query I made about facilities or tailored arrangements was responded to by Nick bending over backwards for us. In fact I forwarded his e-mails on to my friends as I simply couldn't believe how passionate he seemed about making sure everything, down to the finest details, was provided for us and communicated to us as quickly as I could ever hope for. Everyone agreed that the guy is a legend!

The pictures I mentioned don't come close to illustrating just how majestic this property is. It is a townhouse but feels more like a palace. The architect was sent to give us a tour (need I say more!?) and he was just as helpful. I felt like complimenting him more and more with every new room or feature he showed us. The pool room and table tennis room aren't simply there to add another selling point, they have been set up as ideally as possible for people who want to enjoy the games. The sleeping facilities are all great but the master bedroom needs to be seen to be believed (especially the bathroom!).

I stayed with a group of 12 and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. As a gathering of people who wanted to enjoy each other's company, I can't imagine anything better suited. If anything the place was so large we had too much space! That's not a complaint though. Every single one of us literally marvelled at how awe inspiring Atholl Place is and I am desperate to go back. If anyone is reading this review to help them decide whether or not to book this property, just do it!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nick's bending over backwards to ensure my stay was perfect in every way!
Liked least: Having to leave!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
926daniel...
uk
“Just Perfect”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

We always have a family get together early January and usually stay in a hotel. This year we decided to rent a large house. The house was perfect for our needs. It comfortably accommodated the 12 of us. With the numerous reception rooms spread over various floors there was plenty of space for everyone. The large sitting room and dining room easily allowed us all to spend time together in the one area . There are also plenty of other rooms if you wanted a bit of piece and quiet. I'm sure the Garden room would be lovely in the summer. The house was spotlessly clean and and was well equipped for all our needs. The location is ideal to with only a 5 minute stroll in to the centre of Perth. It is also in close proximity to lots of good quality restaurants. We will definitely be coming back as everyone was was very complimentary about the house and much preferred it to any hotel we have stayed in.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Neil G
“Wonderful weekend - perfect accommodation!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 for a stay in October 2013

We chose Atholl Place for a group of eleven friends visiting the Perth Concert Hall.
The location is perfect - short walk to shops, restaurants and the Concert Hall.
Parking, even for our vintage bus, was no problem!
More importantly, the standard of accommodation is exceptional. The house has been renovated to a very high standard, the kitchen well equipped, the house spacious, warm and comfortable.
Nick met us and gave us the tour and we felt at home right away.
We definitely recommend Atholl Place!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing