“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Review of Kerachers Restaurant - CLOSED

Kerachers Restaurant
Price range: US$69 - US$69
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
strathtummel
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The shady restaurant sign and the clear need of a good if not complete TLC of the interior itslef are doing nothing but undermind the quality and delicious food served in here. The chef clearly knows how to cook fish and seafood to perfection and the waitress was nothing but professional and friendly. You can't help but think that the food is actually UNDERpriced as for the same meals anywhere else calling themselves high end or 5 starts you would get charged double or even triple although maybe the surroundings are the reason for it. Don't be fooled by the appearance and let the food and hopefully the same or similar waitress speak for itself.

• Visited August 2014

Edinburgh
“Some lovely fish”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Had a very nice meal here, we found some faults in the restaurant itself but the food was very nice (not 5 stars but very nice) I loved the coriander sauce and the monk fish was served perfectly.
The ambience of the restaurant was good with a nice atmosphere. The tables were spread out evenly with plenary of space not to encroach on your fellow diners.
The staff ranged from amazing to incompetent, we had different servers who were either great or clumsy.
My main bug bare was the toilets.
They are trying to be something they are not!
This establishment has decided to put "face cloths" to dry your hands!
I'm sorry but I have dined in some of the top restaurant in this country and I think the stained urinals and the chipboard toilet cubicles do not justify personal hand towels let alone doggy off coloured face cloths!
If this place put decent hand dryers in (thinking of the environment) and changed the toilets yo something a but classier then I think they would be getting five stars

Visited August 2014
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round. ”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Couldn't fault a single part of this visit (after we had braved the awful sign outside) please don't be fooled by it's drab appearance, because the restaurant itself is beautiful and elegant.

The menu was nicely varied and written, with a good selection of wines. I noticed someone saying the wine menu wasn't big enough, personally I feel there is enough variation without having to be over the top.

The food was cooked to perfection, my partner and I both had fish on each course and not a single thing on either plate could be faulted. The best sea bass I have had for a long time.

Service was friendly and efficient. This restaurant is somewhere to relax and enjoy your surroundings. It is not fast food. Cooking to this level takes time and it is worth every second you wait!

Perth, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Delicious Meal”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Having visited for dinner in the past, i knew what to expect. So i was delighted when my boyfriend and his mum found loved the place just as much as i did. We found the Set Menu excellent Value for money with no expense spared on the quality of the fresh produce. I would best describe the menu as Predominately seafood, but not exclusively. With meat dishes such as Fillet of Beef, Wood Pigeon and Black Pudding etc. Will be back soon!! Oh and thanks for the lovely service too girls - Very smiley waitresses!

• Visited June 2014
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“One again excellent meal!!!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Went last night for my fiancées birthday and was not disappointed !! From the minute we arrived the staff were attentive and polite -we both went for the 3 coarse set meal £25(great value)I had the pigeon,black pudding,and my fiancée had salmon and prawns-lovely and just the right amount!! The mains were excellent -we both had the monkfish,sea bass and salmon crushed potato-cooked too perfection !!the pudding -sticky toffee pudding-fiancée had this and it looked excellent large slice with ice-cream and my creme brûlée with shortbread was tasty,all washed down with a really nice Pino Grigio !! Keep up the good work-only one small thing -a specials board with different fish options would have been nice but hey we were still really pleased with our night,the great food and excellent service!!!