“Lovely stay again”
Review of Rowanlea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pitlochry
Rowanlea
Ranked #35 of 65 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed again in August, as usual Jilly the perfect host nothing to much trouble,even offered to cook us a breakfast as we wanted to leave before 6am in the morning! have already booked for next year and are looking forward to it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank odonogeezer

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

The room and breakfast were good, but we didn't like having to come and go through the patio doors, there was no window so we had to sleep with the door open. We also thought it odd that we couldn't get to our room from the front door of the house but had to go down an outside slope. I was reading an earlier review about this and although we didn't have mobility problems like that person, we did find it unsatisfactory. Sorry to say that the lady running it never seemed to leave us to eat our breakfast in peace and seemed to dominate all conversations we tried to have with the other guests. But the view was nice, so too was the room and shower room.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank veemort
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed three nights here at the end of August. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Spotless accommodation and great breakfasts. Such a beautiful location. It is very much on a hill and the views are wonderful.

Room Tip: Not for disabled visitors though.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellan
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We have visited Rowanlea several times and always find Gilly very accommodating. The room is very comfortable and we feel very much at home. Would recommend to any of our friends. We look forward to visiting again in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Where to start? With the good first: Lovely clean rooms and en suite, good quality beds, bedding and towels, and lovely breakfasts. But, if you have any mobility issues and problems with steep slopes, this place is not for you. The only 'allowed' access for guests is outside via a very steep slope, this slope is covered in chunky stone chippings and there is no handrail. Although you can see this slope clearly on the website, nowhere does it state that this is the only access for guests' use. If I had realised this, I would never have booked. The landlady watched me struggling to get down this on our arrival and never once offered me the use of the obvious internal staircase, although I told her I could manage stairs, it was slopes that were a problem. In retrospect this is when we should have foregone our deposit and left immediately. It just got worse, I managed with a great struggle and help from my husband to get down the slope the next day, but the final day we didn't return till dark, it was raining and we could not see any lighting on this outside slope, so unfortunately had to ring the main bell, said landlady appeared told us if we started walking down the path an automatic light would come on. This was a nightmare and I just couldn't manage it in the rain, so my husband had to get my shopping centre scooter out of the boot of the car, assemble it, whilst I waited in the rain, so that I could gingerly make my way down. This was all watched by the landlady and not once did she offer me the use of her internal staircase, which would only have taken me about half a minute to use at the most. We didn't like to take the wet scooter into the room, so my husband then had to push the thing back up the steep slope in the pouring rain, disassemble and return to the boot. We never felt we could return to our room in the daytime as this would necessitate another torturous journey down the slope. We didn't feel comfortable and at home during our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CNEP052
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We chose Rowanlea as our accommodation for our first trip to Pitlochry and it exceeded our expectations, even though those were high. We were warmly greeted by Gill, the lovely hostess, who was very helpful. The room was clean and inviting; we felt at home right away and the view was beautiful. The service was impeccable and the breakfast was great. Wide selection and well prepared.

While located on the outskirts of Pitlochry, the peace and lovely atmosphere was well worth the scenic walk into town as well as preventing any disturbances from traffic and the like.

When we return to Pitlochry, we will without a doubt stay at Rowanlea again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed at Rowanlea for 3 nights at the beginning of June. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were spoilt by Jilly who couldn't do enough for us. The room was very spacious and spotlessly clean and being able to sit outside in the garden and admire the views was so relaxing. Breakfast was well presented and well cooked and really set us up for the day. We cant recommend Rowanlea highly enough and it must be the best value for money in Pitlochry.

Room Tip: Rowanlea has 2 rooms and they are both fantastic.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple