“Good food & excellent staff”
Review of Strathgarry Restaurant - CLOSED

Strathgarry Restaurant
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Good food & excellent staff”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were fortunate to get the last available table in this busy restaurant. The staff were very good especially our delightful little waitress. The food was very good, freshly cooked & we were certainly return here for another dinner.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal, well priced and Gluten free”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Lovely 3 course meal for £14.95 per person before 7pm. Not large portions but tasty food and well presented. Catered for Gluten free. Allowed my husband to have Ice-Cream for dessert as no Gluten Free option on the menu - but staff forgot and put a wafer in it!!!!
Friendly and helpful staff who did not rush you. Overall, a good meal for the price in a very tourist driven area.

1 Thank Calamero
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Dishes aren't as advertised”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stopped off in Pitlochry on the way back home from up north, happened to park beside The Strath Garry, and the menu looked nice. The service was fine to start with as the restaurant was empty when we arrived, but declined as it got busier, especially when any hotel guests popped down, as they were immediately prioritised.
We had the Crispy Calamari to start, which was nice. My boyfriend had the Linguini With Smoked Haddock which was also nice, though had more than a 'touch of cream' making it a little heavy.
I had the Penne Tossed With Roast Garlic - unfortunately this was not as described. There was no garlic to be seen, the olive oil had changed into loads of olives (which I don't like), lots of red onion (also not a fan) had appeared, and the rest of the advertised ingredients were in short supply. When I asked our waiter whether I had received the correct dish, he made no apology but immediately blamed the chef and went to ask the kitchen. On his return there was no still apology, just an admission that the garlic was actually powdered, with no mention of the other discrepancies.
We finished our food and, with my boyfriend's large coffee generously as described, I asked for another small glass of wine. Unfortunately by the time my boyfriend had finished his coffee there was still no sign of our waiter or my wine, so we asked another waiter for the bill and gave up.
I would suggest that the Penne Tossed With Roast Garlic is re-named on the menu, as it doesn't actually contain roast garlic, and that the actual ingredients are listed in the description. Perhaps there should be additional waiting staff to cope with both restaurant and hotel guests, so the staff don't have to prioritise the hotel guests, but can serve everyone. I'm not sure if I'd eat there again - I'm not sure what I'd actually get for my meal.

2 Thank Claire J
Prince Albert, Canada
“Great tea time stop in the town of Pitlochery”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The main reason for the review is that the staff are amazing. Friendly and helpful. I haven't tried the restaurant or the rooms but I was there every day for a week as they have great tea and scones and they have WIFi that they gladly let us connect to. They made us feel so welcome.
Really helped to make our holiday memorable

• Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Visit”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I spent a lovely evening here recently, delicious pasta and great service. Certainly will be back there again.

Visited June 2014