“Nice wee restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Fife, United Kingdom
“Nice wee restaurant”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great food, great service. Only a couple of complaints, the mounds of wilted, undressed rocket they cover most plates with. Pointless, if it's not fresh don't bother. We chose from the early evening menu which includes 3 courses for £15.95. This is a great price and well worth the money but I ordered the selection of Scottish cheeses for dessert and although it looked great and was a large serving I was presented with Stilton, Wensleydale, cheddar and Brie which is far from Scottish. Apart from that it was great, large platefuls and the waiters are great.

• Visited August 2014
Strath G, Public Relations Manager at Strathgarry Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
HI Louise R

Many thanks for your lovely review, the early bird dining is a great offer 2 courses@ £13.95 and 3 course @ £15.95! Great value......
We will of course address the Scottish cheese situation and I can only imagine this is an ordering issue, but thank you for pointing it out to us.

Have a lovely day

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely pre-theatre dinner!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very nice and cosy restaurant - staff were attentive and food lovely - we had the steak which was lovely and cheesecake. Very reasonably priced for the area.

Visited August 2014
Hi Gillian K

We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal and service so much, it really make us feel good when customer share there good experience with us here on trip advisor. please do come back and visit is again soon.

Have a great day

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Second-rate tapas”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

As with the previous reviewer, I made an on-line reservation for the last Saturday of the month, totally unaware that only the tapas menu would be available after 7pm. Pretty disappointing to find this was the case so we also mentioned this to the front of house, they offered a fairly lame apology in response.

The tapas menu was actually fairly extensive, assuming you are a meat and / or fish eater. Unless you want to subsist off a few predictable side dishes (patas bravas, bread, olives, cheese etc) nothing here is remotely vegetarian-friendly. Bit of a shame really given the huge number of tasty hot and cold veggie tapas I’ve enjoyed elsewhere (I should point out that I’m not a vegetarian – I just don’t always want to eat meat and / or fish).

In the end my boyfriend ordered a couple of dishes (pork skewers, sauteed chorizo) and I went for seafood ‘paella’ (risotto would be a more appropriate description) with a side of bread. Whilst I completely appreciate the fact that tapas should be served as and when it is ready, I found it strange that my boyfriend had almost finished both of his dishes before my bread even arrived. At no stage did anyone make an effort to clear plates that had been finished nor check back to ensure everything was OK or to see if we wanted to order more. I can only assume they were avoiding us given that I was not overly enthusiastic about their tapas menu.

Disappointing.

• Visited July 2014
Many thanks for leaving your review about our Tapas night - please can I ask that you email me directly to explain your experience so we can understand what went wrong for you.

marketingmanager@jandrgroup.co.uk

Many thanks

Hawick, United Kingdom
“Good quick service”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stopped for soup and a sandwich last sunday and received quick service and tasty food at a reasonable price. Will deffinitely return

• Visited July 2014
Hi JETHARTSHERE57

Many thanks for you lovely comments we are so pleased you had such a wonderful time, we really do appreciates good and bad feedback as we learn from both. We do hope you will call in again sometime soon.

Many thanks
Jonathan
Operations Manager
“Early bird = Good value!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We ate from the early bird menu which is served until 7 every evening, 3 courses for £16 which for Pitlochry is extremely good value. There was sufficient choice on the menu, the food was well cooked & the staff polite & attentive. The restaurant was slightly lacking in atmosphere but overall our meal was very pleasant.