“Very Accomodating”

Fern Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Pitlochry
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fern Cottage Restaurant in the heart of Pitlochry is a firm favourite, both for local residents and visitors to Highland Perthshire. We are located as close as you can get to the heart of this picturesque Victorian town. Fern Cottage Restaurant offers a warm Highland welcome, truly tasty food and personal service for every customer. Our menus have an emphasis on flavour, the freshness of Scotlands' larder and a taste of the Mediterranean. There is now more than ever on offer with different menus at lunch and dinner times. Retaining much of the original ethos of using Scottish, seasonal ingredients to create dishes with a Mediterranean twist, our food is cooked to order and guarantees a treat for your taste-buds, whether a classic or a contemporary dish. Fern Cottage is now on winter hours. We will be open for lunches from 12noon with last orders at 2.15pm. We will re-open for pre-theatre or a la carte in the evening all using seasonal produce - we offer you something special every time. Head Chef Rifat Aycan has created the new menus using an exciting new range of dishes packed with flavour and all beautifully presented. Whether front of house or 'behind the kitchen door, every member of our team is dedicated to ensuring you enjoy your visit, spread the word and come back for more!
Leeds, England
“Very Accomodating”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I always wanted to try scallops and as i was in scotland where better to try them. Fern cottage offered them as a starter and I also wanted to try haggis, again this was offered as a starter. Despite this they still allowed me to order two starters for my actual meal. the haggis in whiskey sauce was amazing, the scallops, not so much but then its personal taste, there was nothing wrong with them they just weren't for me. I dined alone but at no point was i made to feel awkward, I received a warm welcome and the waitress was very nice. I finished my meal with the cheesecake which was absoluetely the best cheesecake I have had in a long time. thank you so much for a lovely meal.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank sambell31

Gloucester
“It was so good I just had to go back.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The food is brilliant, the staff are very well trained and nothing is a problem. Can't wait to go back.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank cuddles1108
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The food served here is second to none - pity the same couldn't be said about the service - which was very poor

2 Thank Alan B
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Popped in here for coffee. Despite there being only a few other customers I had to go and ask waiting staff for menus after sitting outside for almost 10 minutes and waitress walking past and ignoring the fact we were obviously waiting. We ordered scones and coffee and tea - scones arrived first after some wait and although they were warm they were stale and chewy. Hot drinks arrived some time after scones. Worrying that a simple order of coffee and scones could be served so poorly as this seems to be a fairly basic request. There are much better places for tea and cake further up the Main Street.

Scotland
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It doesn't look the most attractive restaurant from the outside, but please do not put off. First of all I have to comment about the staff - they were fantastic. Very friendly, yet professional and they look he part as well. The food was exceptional. Well worth paying that wee bit extra as the quality was good. I was in a party of 4 and we all had different mains. We were all impressed with our food. Thank you for a wonderful evening. I will definitely return when in Pitlochry.