“Beautiful Suroundings”

Pitlochry Festival Theatre
Ranked #4 of 41 things to do in Pitlochry
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We like the atmosphere and friendly welcome you receive here,
plus the nice Tea and home baking,keep coming back,so must be good.

giles c, Public Relations Manager at Pitlochry Festival Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you. The theatre cofee bar and restaurant are very popular both with locals and visitors.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The food matched the great view of the River Tummel roaring past. Saw a salmon jumping. The little shop here had good value products for sale

The views from our glass fronted foyer are fantastic. The only problem we have is that everyone wants a window table!! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Unfortunately we were just a week too early to catch a show but the cafe and shop were well worth a visit. The Latte is excellent.

HI, good to hear you enjoyed our front of house facilities. Our in-house productions run from late May to mid October, followed by an Autumn Season and then a Christmas show. Hopefully you will find time to come back and catch a show soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I went there to park car in an afternoon time to walk with my dog opposite the theatre with my mama. I went in to have a look round, it got restaurant there and lovely shop as well. Lots of interesting items by Scottish craft, galleries and others lovely gifts and I bought a green nice bag with sheep printed.

giles c, Public Relations Manager at Pitlochry Festival Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hi, thank you for your review, we hope to see you back again soon. Perhaps you could come to some of our performances. Details of our program are on the web site.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I suppose we actually came to Pitlochry because of the theatre as we had already heard how wonderful the place was. We were not let down at all.

We saw two shows whilst we were there and both we tight and incredibly well presented! As a senior Drama teacher, I have seen a lot of professional theatre over the years and both productions we saw were first class! I was particularly taken with the two performers, writers and back stage crew of the show, "Two." I was amazed at how fluently that show ran when it was performed by two actors only who were constantly changing characters and of course, accents. At no stage was there even the slightest hint of the energy levels of these performers dropping. I found it a fantastic piece of theatre; not only by the performers but the support crew backstage!

I loved this place so much that a friend and I are anxious to find out next summer season's shows so we can book and come back for a week this time, so we can see all six different shows......all the way from Australia!

I found the staff in the box office and shop there very helpful and friendly. The guy who wears the kilt behind the counter adds to the atmosphere and was a delightful person to talk with.

If I have one minor criticism, it is the lack of room in the seats towards the back of the theatre. I found them very uncomfortable. However, when I went to the box office the next day to ask for better seats, I was well taken care of at no extra cost.

Do yourselves a favour and visit this theatre. You will be amazed and delighted!

2  Thank Lavandula161

Hi, Thank you so much for your wonderful review, there really isn't much more I can add to that apart from we look forward to welcoming you back to see all 6 plays this year. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend booking soon to get the seats of your choice.