Nae Limits Adventure
Ranked #7 of 40 things to do in Pitlochry
More attraction details
Owner description: Nae Limits is Scotland's most established and innovative adventure & outdoor activity centre based near Pitlochry in Perthshire, Scotland. White water rafting, canyoning, tubing, quad biking, paintball and much more! We cater for everyone; adrenaline junkies, beginners, families, stag & hen groups, corporate groups, schools and kids with our new "Wee Limits" activities.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
St Albans, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My partner and I did this canyoning trip in late May and it was awesome. The experience started a lot later than planned due to a group of school kids in the morning taking too long. However, our guides were extremely apologetic and didn't rush or cut our experience short in any way. The whole experience was well organised and I'd recommend this company to anyone. Dale (heir to the Nae Limits throne I believe) 'led' our group, and did a brilliant job of it. He was clear and concise about what lay ahead of us and what was expected of the group, but kept it funny and exciting in his own, slightly-nuts, way. George was fantastic too, and was the voice/face of reassurance when the nerves kicked in; the sort of guy you could put your complete faith in, within minutes of meeting him. And the soft, dulcet tones of the attentive, curly-haired John were a comforting sound amid all the adrenaline and testosterone flying around the group.The activity itself was excellent, beautiful views of the gorge, and adrenaline pumping moments, but I've definitely done scarier things. I'd recommend the company, the experience and the staff, in a heartbeat. Hopefully I'll be back soon!
Tips: a) Bring your own water as they don't provide any as part of the cost of the activity; and b) there are no showers so don't bother bringing your shampoo.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank LittleSurprise

St Andrews, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Canyoning at Bruar excellent activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My daughter has been giving me adventure vouchers as presents for a number of years now so my wife and I turned the tables on her a little by buying her the same canyoning activity as she had bought me. We then invited our other daughter along as well (Mum didn't go on activity as she headed to Pitlochry and the shops )oh well we cant all be adrenalin junkies . From start to finish this was an excellent activity and every bit as much fun as all the rest my daughter has had me on . The instructors Stu and Allan were very good at getting safety instructions over without holding up activity . We all had a great time and despite the water being freezing it was fine when you kept mobile . Im not great with heights but leaping into one of the freezing pools from a fairly lofty rock ledge was the highlight of the afternoon for me and not to be outdone both Daughters followed Dad with a fearless leap . This was the smaller of the two Bruar canyoning activities but would be keen to come back for the bigger one . Once again great time had by all. Cheers Guys

Visited June 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Day Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I vistited Nae Limits as part of a Coporate Team Building Day, though it was raining from when we arrived, we were prepared for the elements and had such a fun day. The Team Building activities we took part in throughout the morning were well organised and the staff were amazing fun too. In the afternoon we took part in White Water Rafting, we had some nervous people amongst our team and Ben did everything he could to help us feel at ease and have an enjoyable trip. Would reccomend to anyone looking for a fun day out with a bit of a challenge.

Visited June 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Me and my friends had been planning a weekend away in Fort William to climb Ben Nevis. We decided we would drive home via Pitlochry so we could try something completely different... Canyoning! It turned out to be the perfect ending to our weekend break.
The day before we had climbed Ben Nevis, so our legs weren't as fresh as they could be. We arrived at Nae Limits around 1pm and got changed into our wet gear and the guys explained to us the plan. What I liked about them was there attitude to having fun but more importantly safety. Even though I was out of my comfort zone at no time did I feel unsafe.
I can't really explain how fantastic this is. This was an amazing experience and we plan to go back around September time! Will see you guys then!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Sean M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Adventure Tubing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Top class day out.

Having never done anything like this before we weren't sure what to expect but the guys at Nae Limits were great and made sure we had a good time.

1 Thank Colin P