“Very nice B&B”

Ranked #55 of 65 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Oberhausen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Very nice B&B”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Stayed with Lynn this year again. Our 3rd time in the Woodburn House.
Super room, wondeful location, warm and friendly service, good breakfast, just a stroll over the suspension bridge to the Port-na-Craig.
We like it there!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was stuck for somewhere to stay and i found a great place thanks to lyn and her family. there was no room in the local area and they kindly let me stay in my tent in there garden for a night as i was unable to get into any of the local campsites. the following night i stopped with them in room no. 3 as the weather was turning bad, so i then stopped a further eight nights which was great . they told me about the local area and it was very helpful for places to eat while i was out and places to visit.this is a friendly and quite place to stay.the food was great with such a variety of things for breakfast.
the rooms are very clean and tidy and a good size.if you go to pitlochry this is a brilliant place to stay.with the views of the local park and hills beyond. also with the town only five minutes walk . so try here first. its a must.

Room Tip: "Ask for room no: 3." "Great views." "Good room." "Plenty of r...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Glasgow
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed in 2 b&b's for a long weekend. Unfortunately for Woodburn it was second after we had stayed at a  better and cheaper establishment.  Woodburn did everything a b&b should do as a minimum, but it is probably over priced.  I would suggest it is £10 per night per person on the high side.
My advice would be to invest in the place, modernise quite bit, and make the place feel a little less tired.  Then the prices can be as currently charged.  If that was done we would definitely be back as the service was good

• Stayed September 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We have just returned from our latest trip to Woodburn House (is it 17th or 18th?) and I was stunned to hear that a 'guest' walked out without even speaking to the owners. In my opinion this is the best accommodation I have had in Pitlochry. We have stayed at several other B & Bs but Woodburn House is ideally situated between the town centre and Pitlochry Theatre, situated on a hill, with a beautiful view over the playing fields and down to the river. The rooms are invariably clean and inviting and Lyn, the owner, goes out of her way to make sure everything is just right for myself and my husband. Each room has its own facilities with unlimited hot water, toiletries, plenty of soft warm towels etc. An excellent breakfast is provided and no effort is spared to ensure guests get exactly what they want. We will be back again in September and probably three times next year and the years after that.

Room Tip: Please ask about the facilities. This old house has been adapted for use as a B & B and each s...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank brownjh
Warwickshire
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This is a fairly typical B&B in a nice old house. Everything is as it should be, nothing stood out good or bad. Well supplied with drinks in the room, so you can have more than one drink per night.

It's in a good location for exploring Pitlochry on foot.

It passes the "would stay there again" test.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2011

When I saw this room I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I arrived on foot and the "back" door that I approached seemed to be for visitors, but I do wonder if I actually made a mistake and entered through the living quarters. On entering, it smelt, but I am not sure of what. Musty, old? The owners were out and I was shown to my room by their teenage son.

The room was dark and full of un-needed bits and pieces. I was tired from walking 10 miles, but I took one look at the shower which was incredibly cramped - literally in a cupboard with a chintz shower curtain, and I decided I couldn't use it. Maybe someone else would find it "quaint" or "kitsch", but to my mind, as none of the dark, old fashioned furnishings matched, the whole place looked run down and, for me, had the feeling of being unclean because of that. The sink was dirty round the plug hole, and the overly long curtains in the bedroom were stained with water. The coffee and tea supplies were not welcoming and nicely laid out, but squashed together haphazardly on a bottom shelf. The bedside lamp was the last straw for me. See attached photos. The photos make the room look better than it was. The whole room depressed me and I couldn't get out fast enough.

I managed to get a phone signal, got a room in a hotel up the road and politely told the son that despite having prepaid for the room, I would not be staying. I cannot make any comment about the owners who may be a lovely couple, and I regret having to leave such a negative review, but I have never walked out of a place before and so I had to say something so you can make up your own mind. I hope more reviews will be left in the future to see whether I over-reacted.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Hilary_beadsite
lyngrast, Owner at Woodburn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
The guest entered unannounced through utility area! is this the smell? The room is south facing with South facing window, it can't be dark! We can't be held responsible for mobile phone reception in Highland Perthshire! If the sink was dirty it was only after it and facilities had been used by the 'guest' following their walk. Left without attempting to speak with owners who could have been contacted then or at any other time.

Travellers are raving about these Pitlochry hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We stayed in the self catering apartment with our three year old daughter. For the money the accommodation was excellent, and warm throughout the night and the breakfast was just what we needed to start the day, The owner could not have been any more helpful. The bed and breakfast is situated within walking distance of the town and local walks. We would recommend this B&B.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family