“Should be 5*”

The Dell Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pitlochry
The Dell Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #60 of 68 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
scotland
“Should be 5*”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Had a one overnight stay here and it was just fantastic. We had the double en suite which was spotless, comfy bed with everything you could ask for. Shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shaving foam, deodrants, etc.
Fresh milk was given upon arrival for tea & coffee ,lots different kinds of tea and coffee plentiful.
Breakfast was ordered the night before, freshly cooked fry up with cereals, porridge, oat cakes, cheeses, fresh fruit, juices, home made jams, toast brown and white and croissants.
It is at the top of a steep hill, but only 5 minutes walk from the centre.
Fantastic value with a super host !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Crieff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

after seeing some negative reports I was a little anxious when we booked late, I neednt have worried as the Dell has clearly been upgraded since the poor reports, The new power shower was excellent after our long cycle and the twin room impressive and comfortable. The breakfast was great with loads of fruit and coffee to accompany my cooked version. There was no skimping and we felt very welcome. The lovely MGB (old version) and cracking matchless motorbike show Sandy and her hubby care deeply about value. I suggest you could do a lot worse in Pitlochry than stay at the Dell. Easy access to town and a lovely garden are just a few of the attractions. Great place with a real welcome to an immaculate and clean home.

Room Tip: We had the twin which were comfortable and both of us enjoyed a decent sleep. The bathroom is next...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Vacy, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Arrived at The Dell on a miserable wet afternoon. We were warmly welcomed and shown to our room which was warm and cosy. Had a lovely view out onto woodland with bird boxes scattered around.

Sandy went to so much trouble making sure my husband had gluten free breakfast options and her and her husband were such a lovely couple.

Pitlochry itself was such a nice place and we wished we had made this a longer stay.

Room Tip: We had a double room with ensuite at the top of the hall. Lovely view of the trees outside.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have recently stayed at The Dell, I received a warm and friendly welcome from the owners and immediately felt at home. My room was exceptionally clean, bright and cheerful with a stunning view of the woods and mountains.
I was provided with plenty of towels and additional bed linen, the room had a digital TV and tea and coffee. The chocolate biscuits and shortbread were a delicious addition.
The bathroom was clean and the power shower was fantastic.
The following morning I had a lovely breakfast, plenty of choice and they even catered for us vegetarians. The Dell is one of the few B&Bs that cater for people with allergies and this was a very welcome change.
I would definitely recommend The Dell, it is a B&B with very high standards and I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Matthew S
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Being particularly fussy, I'm always worried about trying out a B&B (having been to some howlers). So, a 4 star rating is important to me and the Dell definitely lives up to its rating.

It's a wonderful example of a B&B. Sandy's welcome to her home is warm and friendly, the rooms are wonderfully clean and comfortable and furnished in a lovely traditional manner (so unlike those souless flat-packed hotel rooms). The breakfast is delicious, with lots of choice.

Pitlochry itself is a short walk down the hill and a golf course a short walk up the hill. The Dell is in a peaceful location and isn't troubled by 'town centre' noise etc.

I'm now a regular visitor to The Dell and it's one of my 'must do' stops when in Scotland.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M R
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Expecting a nice 4 star b&b but a little bit suspicous about the price in a town like Pitlochry we were hoping for the best, last but not least the good ratings from the trip advisor homepage in our mind. Having arrived we were drawn back to reality: The room was, though spacious, filled with a mouldy smell coming from each part of the furniture. The whole atmosphere of the room, even though not obviously dirty (except of some hairs, which is bad enough), was dusty and you had the feeling that it hadn't been cleaned properly for a long time. It reminded me of some old people's home I happen to see as my voluntary job as an ambulance technician.
The worst thing was the bathroom though: Black mould in the joints over and over, as well as in the quench head.
After these experiences and a short uncomfortable night we left, not having dared to test the breakfast of course.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mathew A
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

My son (aged 4) and I stayed here during our visit to the Enchanted Forest. Very welcoming hosts, comfortable rooms, lovely breakfasts. Thank you so much! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back. Very important to me that my son was happy and he most definitely was!

• Stayed October 2012