“Going downhill!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Inveraray, United Kingdom
“Going downhill!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Been many times and always enjoyed it. You used to get what you paid for. Not now! Popped in the other day for a breakfast. Inedible sausages, cheap and horrible, more fat than bacon on the "bacon", though the egg was okay. I dont think anything is down to the cooking....it is the quality of the products. And the coffee is poor. The staff are friendly, polite and helpful. What a shame....

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Cal26_11

Inverness, United Kingdom
“REASONABLE AND CONSISTENT”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

For a number of years back,we as a family and while I was travelling on business have stopped of at this cafe / restuarant and enjyed the range of food on offer. In early day the kids would not let me pass without having a 'fill up' here.

Now in later years I like to stop of here while travelling south or north just to enjoy the basic but tasty meals. Not particulary in line with healthy eating but so what.

Staff are usually on the ball and helpful. One thing lets this establishment down and that is the toilet facilities which could be greatly improved. Wife says the same!

For a quick tasty meal just stop of here and take it as it comes.

• Visited November 2013
Inverness
“What would we do without Ballinluig”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

My Wife and I have been going up to the Highlands for over thirty years and we have been living in Inverness for the last ten years. Every time we travel the A9 we stop at this haven for cars and humans. The petrol station even has a water bowl out for the dog.
I travel down to the Central belt about once a week and a couple of black pudding & egg rolls with a mug of tea is a great start to the day. Invariably I end the day with a stop off for some egg and chips or one of the many "Specials" from the white board. Queen of Puddings was on the menu the other day and it truly was delicious. Don't get me wrong, it is not a la carte but more like my Mother used to make which is far better, especially when you are hungry and tired. Did I mention the staff? They are all very nice and attentive and most have been working there for years so it must be a good place to work as well. Keep up the good work all of you.

Visited December 2013
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Exactly what you need”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Today was my first visit to this traditional style of motor cafe but will not be my last. Quick service with a smile and got tasty food at a great price. A gem of an oasis on a very long boring Road. I'll be back.

1 Thank RageMonkey77
Scotland
“Abrupt Waitress”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Used to stop here every time we were down the A9 although been stopping in dunkeld more now for a fresh sandwich and coffee at one of the bistros. However as we hadn't stopped at Ballinluig for a while and also as it was raining, decided to visit again as you can park at the door.
When we got in there was a few tables empty in the middle adjacent to the servery. We like to have a window seat in restaurants if possible. I noticed that table 3 by the window had just been vacated, so I went over and took a seat while my wife went to the toilet. A rather grumpy waitress wearing specs, approached me and told me to sit elsewhere as she was going to wipe and reset the table. I said I didn't mind waiting till she had finished, only to be told that the sign said wait to be seated. It took approx 30seconds to prepare the table, after which I thanked her and sat down. This waitress needs to take a lesson from some of the Macdonalds, Burger KIng Staff, as they are obviously far bettered mannered and trained, a quick wipe of a table and a smile seems no problem to them. I have to say not all of the staff are like this. However you do get what you pay for at the Motor Grill - quick nosh at a reasonable cost.

Visited October 2013