“We found it to be good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Seating
Description: PH16 5BX Only been open a few months
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“We found it to be good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

Was at the Saffron on Sat Oct 16th. However unlike the previous reviewer, found the dishes really quite tasty- I wonder if it depends on what you ordered. My partner ordered the Chicken Shahlick and it came out sizzling. I ordered the Lamb Katmandu and it was good. Plenty of rice. However they did get my original order wrong- brought out Chicken instead of Lamb though swiftly sorted. The next table had an incorrect order too. I ordered bindi bhaji and they had run out...ran out of mushrooms as well. I agree with the previous writer in that they need to do better. However, I would certainly go back again- it is heaps better than the other Indian in Pitlochry- Prince of India. We live in Edinburgh and visit Glasgow lots..so spoilt for choice of good curry houses. I come from Asia and grew up eating curries so I am not a novice about what is a good curry- maybe it depends on what you order and who the chef on the night is. However if they cannot be consistent then they will lose business which is a crying shame as there are virtually no places in Pitlochry for non-western cuisine. Premises new- I believe they have only been opened about 2 months.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ScottishPrincess

East Mids UK
“Needs to do better!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

On the main road in Pitlochry sits this new Indian restaurant. Went in relatively early in the evening, but by the time we left there were still only 6 people in. Apart from the few omissions, such as mushroom rice, the menu was pretty standard. However the sheesh kebabs and the breadcrumbed prawns starters were tasteless. This was Indian food for people that don't like Indian food. However, the Chicken Jalfrezi and Chilli lamb - dishes we have had dozens of times around the country, were so hot they were barely edible. My lips swelled up and my eyes watered with the intense chilli flavour and believe me, I can take a hot curry! But this was ridiculous. The chef clearly doesn't taste any of the dishes before sending them out. The staff were pleasant and the place was smart, but it was just wrong on so many levels.