“Excellent value for money!”
Review of Rosemount Hotel

Rosemount Hotel
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Reading some of these reviews I find myself wondering what people expect...we paid £35 (yes, £35!!) for bed and breakfast for 2 in the middle of a festival weekend and were happy with what we got.
The room was a good size, the bathroom was tiny but had a perfectly adequate shower, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast offered a huge choice, and we were served by a smiley waitress.
True, the decoration in the room was very 1980's. But we were in Pitlochry. If you want metropolitan luxury, better stick to the cities.....as for me, I'd happily stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank CCScotland
There are newer reviews for Rosemount Hotel

Reviewed 23 January 2012

We were welcomed by a very pleasant and helpful girl who showed us to our room. Room was nice enough. The only thing I'd say is that the hotel was unlocked at night and our room keys were left on the reception desk for us to collect upon our return. Anyone could have walked in and picked this up and raided our room! Very strange practice. Walls were thin and heard the neighbours tv. The best thing was breakfast. Nice selection.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carlym81uk
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Paid a fifty pound deposit for a two night stay by Paypal. Due to work commitments,I had to cancel well within the refund period. Was assured I would be refunded to paypal as soon as their account had some credit. Despite various calls and emails no refund.
Please be aware if you pay a deposit by Paypal you are NOT covered by their standard policy and they will not put the claim in dispute for you.
Cant comment on the hotel services, but if this anything to go by don't expect much customer care.
Disappointed

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Schottlander
Reviewed 22 November 2011

stayed here for 1 night with my 2 dogs. owners where very friendly and accomodating. my room was very modern, spotless, bed was sooo comfy. walls a bit thin and could hear the ppl in the next room across the hall, was very aware whilst in the toilet how thin the walls where, made me a little uncomfortable. The food was lovely, i had fish and chips and sticky toffee pudding, 5 star food. The only1 thing i would complain about was that the dogs couldnt be left unattended in the rooms, this was incase they trashed the room, i understand this but knowing my dogs are well trained and wouldnt, it was a bit of a hassle when going for dinner as i had to take them with me, the owners set me up my own little table where i could have the dgs with me but wasnt ideal, couldnt eat in peace or relax. But overall stay was good and very comfortable, defo would stay again.

Room Tip: i had room 19, suitable for a single person
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Very comfortable. Friendly staff. Best nights sleep in ages. Good facilities.main reception rooms need
some updating

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 1 November 2011

As per most bookings I make, I frequent these boards before I go, I was a little concerned with some comments but lack of available rooms due to the culmination of the Pitlochry festival and the ever successful 'Enchanted Forest' left us with little option.

We booked a junior suite and was very happy with what I got for the price I paid. Room was massive, a large walk in shower looked like it had recently been installed and had plenty of pressure. The room was either VERY well looked after or had just benefited from a new carpet as it was spotless.
Here are my bullet points;

Very friendly staff, painless check-in/check-out.
The 'suite' was a huge, clean room, I normally expect this from independent hotels rather than the big chains but I was still pleasantly surprised.
Breakfast was really good, plenty to choose from.
My only comment that is more of a moan rather than a complaint is that we had to wait a little while for toast but this was only because each table gets fresh toast as you sit down and the dining room was rather busy when we decided to breakfast.Apart from that, EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: Junior Suite was downstairs with a door as you'd expect within the hotel but also it's own d...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Don't believe the descriptions of the accommodation on websites. It is shabby, out of date and although clean, stained carpets are off putting.Some rooms are partially upgraded but still compact and noisy, however beds are very comfortable.The breakfast is adequate although a finish of 9.30 on a sunday morning with checkout 11 am unusual.However, the lady who stays on the premises couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant.Overall ,even with the welcoming staff ,accommodation was an expensive disappointment.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends