Rosemount Hotel
US$173
US$230
US$305
  • Breakfast included
Atholl Arms Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$110
Agoda.com
Dundarach Hotel(Pitlochry)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdog friendly hoteljunior suitedog ownerswalk in wardrobeon arrivalthe main streetbuffet breakfastenchanted forestlocal areavery pleasant stayshort staylovely hotelwarm welcomefamily roomevening mealfeel very welcomefood was lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was booked into hotel for 2 nights in July. We arrived a couple of hours before the booking in time, as I was unwell, the staff allowed us to have our room early. I paid the balance for the 2 days in cash, along with the balance that they had kindly removed from my bank account. As I was still very unwell the next day I apologised and said we would be checking out early and would not require the 2nd night. Despite numerous emails to the owner and phone calls, the promise of a refund , minus deposit nothing has been returned. Phone calls to the hotel result in vague answers from foreign employees, if I am lucky to speak to owner a promise of refund is all you get!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Durham43
RosemountHotel, Owner at Rosemount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Since there is no clear reference to the identity of this reviewer, I am not afforded the courtesy of a factual reply, which seems a little unfair. I can respond in principle, however: I would dearly love to be sufficiently wealthy to underwrite life's hard dealings when they result in late cancellations. Our cancellation terms are clearly indicated on all booking communication. The truth is, in the modern economy it is simply not an option to refund the cost of a room once the practical time to re-sell that reserved room has passed. We cannot insure against the loss of income resulting in this way since the market expects the individual holiday maker to insure themselves. Each room has to earn its keep in the busy season to allow us to be here for visitors next year and to pay our hard-working staff. On this point, I find reference to any staff's nationality in even a slightly derogatory fashion as representative of the thin end of the wedge of racism. I asked to have your review removed for that reason. This particular review platform did not agree.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Hotel was OK - not bad - but not quiet what was advertised. What I mean is the location and staff are great. The rooms were in need of a refresh - again not bad. The restaurant, however, I wouldn't recommend. The website makes it look really nice, but to be honest, it was a bit overpriced and the food wasn't that great.

Don't let me seem too negative - I didn't hate it. The staff were great, and the rooms were OK. It was quiet enough, and there was plenty of room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I can see this was an honest appraisal of your experience and whilst I regret we didn't score full marks, I am delighted you found our staff great and suspect that your comment about our, quote, rooms applied to the particular room you booked and maybe didn't account for the fact that we have four very distinct grades of room, priced according to amenity and facility. Our Economy rooms are well received for their cleanliness and general comfort, whilst a premium is placed on further comfort, size and decor in our Premium and Suite rooms. Sometimes folk see one of our many photos, which might happen to be, say, a Suite, and expect the same from an Economy Room. Unfortunately pure economics prevent that from happening.

We can see that our few remaining Economy rooms are presenting some negative reflections upon the service we offer and, as the economic outlook brightens, we are upgrading them, 2 into 1 into further, fabulous Premium rooms.

I do hope you visit again. I would like to offer you a free upgrade to allow you to see one of our better rooms. Have a warm, cosy winter. Best wishes.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed at rosemount for overnight trip, a place just to chill with family and the rosemount was the place to stay, booked 4 rooms for family and we were all very pleased with what we got, I was in rm 2 which had a comfy double bed and a single bed in with plenty of room to move about, had a lovely window seat where I sat for coffee in the morning, hotel was just what we were looking for. Staff were very friendly we were showing to our rooms very quickly we arrived a hour early with no warning to staff and they were fine about it, the hotel owner has lovely big dog called oscar and we all loved him very friendly dog, dinner at night was good wasn't best meal I have had but by no means the worst, breakfast was brilliant plenty of choice, we left well rested and fed well so very happy. Scott Pearson group

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
RosemountHotel, Owner at Rosemount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Hi there. It gives us genuine pleasure and personal satisfaction that you enjoyed your stay with us. It may sound a bit if a often-repeated cliché, but this level of satisfaction is all we ever aim for in every single guest. Within the resources available to us, this is what we set out to achieve at the start of each day. We're a bit deflated that you didn't find the evening meal absolutely top-notch, but I suppose we have to realise that, considering the prices we charge, there are going to be many very expensive restaurants producing a different level of meal. It's great that you enjoyed breakfast and seem to have received an overall positive experience in our Restaurant.
Yes - Oscar is a rare gem. He is a truly gentle person and just loves to come and greet all our guests upon invitation. It says a lot for him that he doesn't approach until we ask him, but he is genuinely disappointed if not asked. We hope to see you all again soon and thank you for taking trouble to submit this pleasing review.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We were in a party of 7 adults visiting Pitlochry for one night. The Rosemount was located just a couple of minutes walk from the main street in Pitlochry. On arrival we were checked into our rooms even although we were an hour early - our party had four rooms which were all lovely and modern and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was excellent lots of choice, loved the haggis. What a lovely welcome we got from a very handsome German Shepard called Oscar we wanted to take him home with us. We had an all round lovely stay and would confidently recommend The Rosemount to anyone visiting Pitlochry in the future. Scott & Pearson Family.

• Stayed: November 2013
RosemountHotel, Owner at Rosemount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Many thanks for your review. It means a great deal to us that you enjoyed your stay and this feedback is important to us. Improvements come as a result of the small changes we put in each and every day and we need the content of reviews to guide us in that effort. We enjoyed the company of your party. You were very friendly from the moment you walked through the door and everything from there onwards was a real pleasure for us. Please visit again soon. We'll make sure Oscar is here for a big cuddle:-)

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed one night here with my friends. We were in Scoland for some whisky experience. The hotel is 10 minutes walk from citycentre. It is pretty old, yet clean. The rooms are very small. No shower in the bathroom. Hotel bar has limited supply of whisky. The staff was very nice.

RosemountHotel, Owner at Rosemount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Hello and thank you for your comments. We have an issue with our high-value, Economy rooms giving rise to reviews that don't reflect the best we have to offer. This would indicate that some customer expectations are not being moulded and rationalised by the price difference, as we would have hoped.
The Economy rooms are as much as 50% cheaper than our best rooms and it's a shame that whilst many appreciate the saving they make in booking these rooms, some commentary reflects poorly on the whole hotel, rather than acknowledging that the rooms are an exceptionally inexpensive and small part of the whole.
It seems as though the interests of the Hotel are being ill-served by these rooms and we must convert them into better rooms and charge an appropriate tariff. Many guests might prefer we kept the cheaper rooms. However the small percentage of negative commentary that the Economy rooms attract is working against our public image as portrayed by guests staying in our more expensive rooms.
Please come back some time and stay in one of our better accommodation. I would hope that your impression of us would match that of others that have stayed in them. Best wishes.