“Very comfortable, enjoyable stay, friendly and accomodating staff, will definitely return.”
Review of Rosemount Hotel

Rosemount Hotel
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed 26 June 2010

My friend and I spent a week at Rosemount Hotel and found a friendly and happy atmosphere. The staff were most attentive,accomodating and polite. The room was very comfortable with a beautiful view over the town and hills beyond. I will definitely come back again, there is so much to see and do and the hotel makes an excellent base for walking and all the other activities that are availble.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 April 2010

We had a Valentines-day weekend at the Rosemount, Pitlochry, along with our dog.
We were warmly welcomed, dog included, and, despite it being a very busy weekend, were treated to an upgrade to a premium room. The room overlooked the valley in which Pitlochry is situated. It contained a large double bed; blissfully comfortable, large wardrobe, tea making equipment and generous refills, and an en-suite bathroom with shower over the bath. Water was piping hot! The room and bathroom, whilst not being in the "latest" decor were beautifully clean and in good repair.
We ate in the restuarant both nights, and I found the vegetarian main course excellent, and the deserts very good. The only slight disappointment was the coffee. The meals was good value for money.
Breakfast was good too, with lots of options, all help yourself. Service in the restuarant was excellent. Our dog was welcome to remain in the bedroom whilst we ate.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I booked a last minute Double Room at this hotel for valentines weekend, me and my fiance we were shown to the room (after the old lady on reception eventually found our booking under the mounds of paper) Our room was painted pink with an old, worn carpet (perhaps a flashback from a bygone era?). The room had two single beds instead of a double so the lady apologised and said they would "strap the beds together later on to make a double". We were shown the bathroom which only had a bath and the shower room was in the corridor. After the old lady left we investigated our room further to discover that the walls and carpet were dirty and full of stains and there was a hole in the pink bath that had been filled with white poly filler - very 3 Star i must admit.

Unimpressed we decided to ask for the beds to get put together immediately so we could get some rest. We decided to leave the hotel after telling the lady that we wanted the bed situation fixed, only to be spoken back to in an abrupt manor telling us that "it would only get done later on that night once the maid arrived".

At this point we had enough so decided to look for alternative accomodation, within 5 minutes we found a lovely B&B on the main street for £50 instead of Rosemounts £78. This included a huge modern decorated bedroom with a brand new beige carpet complete with John Lewis and Laura Ashley bedroom furniture. Also a bathroom that would put any REAL 3 Star hotels to shame.

We then went back to the hotel and were greeted at reception by the same old lady telling us that our beds were being "strapped together to make the double" by the house maid. I kindly informed the lady that we had found other accomodation for the night. The lady then proceeded to 'spit the dummy out' and started shouting such things as "you could have told me earlier" "you booked an economy room last minute" and after telling her about the BLACK MOULD in the pink bathroom she then said "well if your going to be like that".... like what? Should we be grateful that the BLACK MOULD is not included in the overpriced £78 fee for a scabby old 80's decorated room that looks onto a council estate?

Then as we entered our room to collect our luggage we were greeted by the 'house maid', we kindly thanked her for 'strapping our beds together' but informed her that we were staying elsewhere. She kindly asked why we had decided to move on and we told here that the room wasn't what we expected and that the old lady Manageress on reception had a horrendous attitude towards us. We were then told by the 'house maid' that she was infact the manageress, seeing the embarrasement in her eyes we made a swift exit and stayed the night in a wonderful B&B.

This so called hotel should be shut down and be stripped of their 3 Star status. They are a disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DUMP

And like my title says, I HAVE stayed in better hotels in Nigeria and even staying in the deepest darkest depths of Africa I have encountered cleaner hotels with great staff and proper double beds, not twosingles.............. 'strapped together'.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank defendertd5
Reviewed 31 January 2010

This hotel adequately represents typical sub-standard overpriced tourist accomodation all too common in 21st century Scotland. The grossly mis-leading website photographs which illustrate cutting edge contemporary design features led us to believe that we must have walked into the wrong hotel or possibly a different time zone. Our 'Premium' room - so named because of its size and view from the window ( it was dark so we can't verify the latter) - was otherwise in termimal condition. Woodchip wall paper, formica furniture, hideous decor, a king-size bed that was in fact a single and a double divan shoved together with the inevitable crevice that one or both of us had to endure. The ensuite bathroom was the pinnacle of discomfort - no heating apart from an infra-red light bulb, no hot water, NO SOAP, no overhead shower and a toilet that could only be flushed occasionally. An outside light periodically flooded the room throughout the night awaking us on each occasion. We escaped unwashed at dawn after deciding to give breakfast a miss. The limited reception service we exposed ourselves too was fine. The cost at £78 was ludicrously expensive for the standard of accommodation on offer

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jesterjohn
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We stayed at this hotel for New Year and it was dreadful! Firstly our room had no real window, just a dorma in the roof. It also had a shower room/toilet whichwas tiny (I actually think it was a converted cupboard) and it had the smallest shower I've ever seen -so small that you had to enter it sidewards! There were no drawers for clothes, just a small freestanding wardrobe, of which the upper cupboard part was actually glued shut (presumably because the door was broken or something). Bizarre!

Our rooms were not cleaned because it was New Year!? Despite the fact we were paying a premium for coming at this time of year we were to expect to get less service than the normal minimum you would expect.

The lack of staff also meant that if you wanted a drink at the bar, or anything in fact, you had to wait till somebody happened to come by. This turned out to normally be the same woman all day. She certainly worked hard but the owners had left her with an impossible job of doing everything single handed.

As bad as all this sounds the worst was yet to come. Despite the fact that when I booked (which was only a few days in advance of going) I was told the rate for the special New Year package included dinner and entertainment, this turned out to be the owner stretching the truth. The first night the food was mediocre but edible and the entertainer was well appreciated. It was then announced that the New Year's day meal would be a buffet. This wasn't as expected but at that point we still didn't appreciate how bad it could get. On New Year's Day we arrived at the dining room to find that the buffet was in fact a very small spread of cold pasta and rice, some salad, half a poached salmon, some cold meat and some sorry looking vol au vents. There was also a small amounts of desserts and cheese laid out. As if that wasn't disappointing enough on a cold winter's day when a premium price had been paid, we also didn't realise that to actually have got a full meal would have required us to race to the buffet because once things were finished they were not replenished. We got no cold meat and no kind of dessert. What we did get was terrible.

Several guests complained and when I did so to the poor member of staff who had been running around all day, I was informed the owners had left the premises - lucky them! I asked her to pass my complaint on and to get them to speak to me when they returned. Needless to say that didn't happen. The next morning I was awoken by the sound of other guests complaining, or to be more accurate, the owner shouting at them that they had no argument, despite the fact that the 4 of them had so little to eat that they had to go elsewhere for dinner! They had been booked for another night but decided to leave that morning rather than suffer another night. When I was able to make my complaint I got an equal amount of abuse. In fact I was told that I was spoiling everybody's stay by complaining! Apparently the reason that there wasn't enough food was because some guests had dared to go up twice to a buffet! The fact that it was a cold buffet rather than a proper dinner was explained as being perfectly normal and what they do every year - that's a warning for next year's potential guests. It's just a pity that it wasn't mentioned during either of the two phonecalls I'd had with the owner. After an unsatisfactory discussion which involved me being insulted, she finally agreed to refund us a small amount of money for the meal. Should have been the end of it, yet when it came to checking out time more insults followed, including her saying to nobody directly (yet we were the only people there) that she couldn't wait for that evening since the poison would be gone! Obviously made for working with the public!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank louloumel
Reviewed 26 October 2009

After seeing not brilliant reviews I just wanted to praise the staff on their customer service. We were booked to stay here on 31st Oct. I booked through laterooms and because of a mix-up the hotel was fully booked. They called me to apologise for this and also to say they had found me another hotel and negotiated a discount for me. Pitlochry is almost completely booked out for this weekend so it was fantastic that the lady I spoke to went out of her way to help me.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We stayed at the Rosemount Hotel when attending a wedding. We were warmly welcomed by a very helpful lady who helped us contact friends staying at a B&B nearby, the name of which we did not know. Our room was fine and the shower room very stylish and contemporary. Breakfast was good with freshly prepared fruit salad and a good choice of cold and hot items. Service was good and staff friendly. Our experience was very different from what we expected after reading recent reviews.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends