“brillant”

Review of Clachan Talladh

Designer styled lodge in the highlands.
You can take the high road over the moors but stop at Queens View over Loch Tummel
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Designer styled lodge in the highlands.
You can take the high road over the moors
but stop at Queens View over Loch Tummel
which fed by River Tummel with its wild waters.
Then carry on through the Caledonian magic
to Loch Rannoch with Glen Coe as a backdrop
and flanked by the magnificient Schiehallion
the 'fairy' mountain
gaze into surreal
where two worlds seem to meet.
Check-in at the lodge
and check-out its room with a view
then its four large double bedrooms
a kitchen / dinner to fit all
and luxury throughout.
Enjoy the patio and landscaped gardens.
Then catch the Hogwarts Express from Rannoch Station
steam through Glen Coe
and glide over Glenfinnan Viaduct towards Mallaig
to watch the sunset over Skye.
in midst of wilderness
professionally landscaped gardens
architectural excellence
full view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the house was beautiful and the area
Liked least: places a bit far away if you donot like walking to them needed the car for kids.
People with pets
21 Jul 2013
Great to hear. Try it again and see if it the same.
Floraflin...
Dalry, Scotland, United Kingdom
“All in all brilliant! All the B's Badminton, Beach, Bikes & Bugs”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

I initially booked 7 days but on reading up on the house and surrounding area I decided to extend to a 10 day stay this was done very easily through the charming and prompt replies from the gentleman that owns it.

Getting there was easy with the directions given i also had a look on google street view so i knew where i was going, I also booked a Asda online shop order as I was holidaying with children it was easier as I realised that the village shop in kinloch rannoch was a good 10 miles away if I had only been going for a weekend I would book my groceries from there and pick up when I passed.

The house is as described we found it ideal, my 7 children were split nicely between the 3 rooms with master for me, I brought 2 x travel cots for my twin babies but found one in a bedroom, so I didn't need to drag mine along as the houses one was in a virtually brand new condition.

I hired bikes at the free spirits which we rode back and forth to rannoch station we also visited highland safaris in Aberfeldy (about a hour away) the crannog in aberfeldy took the train steam train from Fort William ( needs booked and I should have booked the sleeper from rannoch to fort William rather than driving) we also had glorious weather so went swimming at the loch twice it was idilic as it has sand, we brought a badminton set with us and spent the evening playing that on the front decking till the bugs came out, my 6 year old twins never wanted to come home!

Only thorn in our wonderful holiday was the very very poor water pressure and at times none I feel this was due to the tropical conditions and on enquiring about the problem it was the filter which was changed also I struggled to cook for all of us with the equipment in the house particularly the frying pans were tiny fine for a couple but not a big family.

All in all a brilliant holiday

Liked best: The remote location
Liked least: The water supply
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
24 Jul 2013
Thanks for your kind review. Apologies for the water pressure. This was a result of filters clogging at a higher than usual rate because of the river conditions in the heat. We will be more proactive about looking out for it. We will take up some bigger frying pans as well.
gazzamurp...
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Our stay at the lodge was great, stayed for 3 nights and was exactly what we were after, booking process was made easy for us, owner replied to any emails or questions.

The lodge is very spacious, 6 adults and a small baby perfect room, the living area good to gather in, the kitchen was great size for dining as well, the garden area also good.

The lodge is very remote which was great, drive to the lodge was lovely passing bye the 2 lochs, no phone signal which wasn't a problem for us due to the lodge having wi-fi. Not many shops but we just done a big shop and that done us fine, the lodge had all cooking utensils that we needed.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Large groups
30 Jun 2013
When are you coming back?
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole property itself location, driveway/garden area and the style of the lodge.
Liked least: Beds were something that everyone mentioned. they were fine but not particuarly great comfort wise.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
31 May 2013
Thanks Hannah. The underfloor heating's time constant probably could not cope with the four seasons in one-day weather we have been having. The lock on the little WC is small and easy to miss. We hope to host to again soon.
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: My whole trip! Lovely house and surroundings!
Liked least: No wifi access but that is all.
People with pets
22 Mar 2013
Thanks Jill. We will see to another linen basket. The house is BT connected now but the BT hub is in the cupboard. I have not had a chance to get there to hook it up because almost every weekend seems to be booked.
Lucinda M
West Bromwich, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience.”
Reviewed 16 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

8 young adults in the middle of nowhere?
Best idea yet.
I can't stress how much me and my party enjoyed this trip. The whole place was beautiful.
The moment we saw the cabin our faces lit up and the 8 hour journey was instantly forgotten, we hadn't stopped smiling until the day of the departrure. We were very sad to leave our little home that we felt instantly comfortable in.
The under floor heating was a god send, the rooms were imaculate, and the kitchen and living rooms were airy and spacious. The cabin looks even better than the pictures.
I recommend you take a look around what is near to you. The neighbours were glad to see a few young people around, I think it shocked them.
The wildlife is lovely too, the bats at night are mystical. If you live in a city, it definatly is something new.
I also recommend visiting Queensveiw, and maybe one of the bigger city's if you want a day trip out.
The owners were wonderful and ever so helpful, I always felt reasured knowing I could contact them at any time.
I hope to come back again.
Me and my group desperatly miss the cabin.
5 stars from us.
And some brilliant memories made too.
Lucinda, and group.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was equally amazing.
Liked least: The one shower was a little hard to keep warm.. But thats it.
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
5 Dec 2012
Thanks Lucinda - We are delighted that it met your expectations becuase we could see that you were looking forward to it for so long.
Jez W
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 14 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012

This beautiful lodge is a 'Grand Design' with a traditional feel and all modern comforts. One walk around the place made me want to have one built just like it! We booked a week to bag some Munro's to celebrate our wedding anniversary and had various family and friends stay for a few days. We found plenty of other things to do in the area, a bit of driving required, but that is the balance needed to get such remote tranquility. A train journey up to Corrour and walking back was great as well. The property is very well laid out, with everything you need to make a lovely home from home.
Jez Watkin

Liked best: Architectural design
Liked least: Can't fault anything
Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 35-49
Families with young children
17 May 2012
Thanks - We were very lucky to be able to buy it. We are very happy that others are able to enjoy it as well.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$142
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing