“Luxury within beautiful surroundings”

Review of Clachan Talladh

Designer styled lodge in the highlands.
You can take the high road over the moors but stop at Queens View over Loch Tummel
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Designer styled lodge in the highlands.
You can take the high road over the moors
but stop at Queens View over Loch Tummel
which fed by River Tummel with its wild waters.
Then carry on through the Caledonian magic
to Loch Rannoch with Glen Coe as a backdrop
and flanked by the magnificient Schiehallion
the 'fairy' mountain
gaze into surreal
where two worlds seem to meet.
Check-in at the lodge
and check-out its room with a view
then its four large double bedrooms
a kitchen / dinner to fit all
and luxury throughout.
Enjoy the patio and landscaped gardens.
Then catch the Hogwarts Express from Rannoch Station
steam through Glen Coe
and glide over Glenfinnan Viaduct towards Mallaig
to watch the sunset over Skye.
in midst of wilderness
professionally landscaped gardens
architectural excellence
full view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

samantha...
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“What a Shame”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

Our experience of Clachan Talldah Lodge was not a pleasant one.
We had been informed the night previous by Mohan, that the heating had stopped working in the lodge, however a plumber was due the next morning to fix the issue, we were told he had only just found out and sorry it was short notice and for the disruption. So we set off not knowing whether we would have any heating or hot water in the lodge. We arrived at the lodge after a 9 hour drive, and we were greeted in the dark, without any of the outside lights working. We finally entered the Lodge, to find the floors dirty, the carpets UN-hovered, big holes in the walls, unclean worktop surfaces in the kitchen, And it was FREEZING!! We turned on the heating and after 4 hours it began to warm up. Non of the furniture you see in the pictures is actually at the lodge, except the bed, & the kitchen table. The sofas are totally different and worn out and very uncomfortable.
when we all finally retired to our bedrooms, 2 of the couples including me and my husband discovered our beds were filthy, they had stains on and body hairs.
We also had Rats in the lodge, we did not discover until the next morning that a Rodent repellent had been left in this kitchen, however we were not told about the rats.
The next day I text Mohan, to inform him of these problems, he sent the handy man "Eddie" Who did nothing but inform us that the boiler in fact went a few weeks ago not the day before we arrived and fix the outside light so one of them switched on. When I asked Mohan for an apology as I felt he was not taking our complaints seriously, he hen text me back saying " Sarah I am taking this seriously - Ive said sorry, maybe the plumber made the bed dirty" I must have emailed Mohan over 10 times arranging this holiday for my dad, And he could not even remember my name, and why would the plumber be in our beds?!
We were very disappointed with the Lodge, from the images it looks lovely and its surrounding are its clearly been left to get run down and has not been looked after properly. There were 6 of us at the lodge, and we were all disappointed with the stay.

Liked best: size.
Liked least: Un-clean and dirtyy throughout and very poor customer service.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
22 Jan 2014
There was an unforeseen problem with our boiler just before they arrived. We did our duty by informing these guests and we took the precaution finding alternative accommodation for them in case the boiler man did not get it working in time. Most people would expect to switch the lights after they enter the house. We offered change the sheets, etc, but they seemed more interested in a refund. So I am not sure if these guests are describing the state they left the house, rather than the state they found it in. Most people would understand why most folk living in the countryside fit pest repellents as a precaution. I hope anyone who reads this review will read all the other reviews on this website and on HomeAway (P446926) and decide for themselves.
771mike
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Luxury within beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

The house was as described very clean and tidy, loads of great walks to go on and amazing scenery loch Eigheach on a still clear sunny day is a must see, its like a mirror reflecting the clouds and blue sky.

Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Young Children
21 Oct 2013
Thanks Michael - I will pass on your compliments to the ladies who maintain the house.
Ellen S
London, England, United Kingdom
“Luxury property and beautiful location”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 for a stay in December 2012

I stayed here with friends for New Year 2012 and we had just the most amazing time. Mohan (the owner) from the outset on booking could not have been more helpful on what to expect, what to do when there, areas and places to visit. Any questions we had he was so efficient at getting back to us. The log cabin is pure luxury and when I say the view from the living room is jaw dropping I mean jaw dropping. The surrounding areas for walks are just beautiful too. Inside it is so homely but with a modern feel too. The kitchen and living room are both sociable areas so great for the party size that can go along to the cottage. We had the best New Year here and would absolutely recommend this stay at any time of the year! Thank you for everything.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and location of property
Liked least: Nothing
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
26 Aug 2013
Thanks very much for the kind words. I was worried that you had forgotten us - All the best for 2013/14 new year
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the house was beautiful and the area
Liked least: places a bit far away if you donot like walking to them needed the car for kids.
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
21 Jul 2013
Great to hear. Try it again and see if it the same.
Floraflin...
Dalry, Scotland, United Kingdom
“All in all brilliant! All the B's Badminton, Beach, Bikes & Bugs”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

I initially booked 7 days but on reading up on the house and surrounding area I decided to extend to a 10 day stay this was done very easily through the charming and prompt replies from the gentleman that owns it.

Getting there was easy with the directions given i also had a look on google street view so i knew where i was going, I also booked a Asda online shop order as I was holidaying with children it was easier as I realised that the village shop in kinloch rannoch was a good 10 miles away if I had only been going for a weekend I would book my groceries from there and pick up when I passed.

The house is as described we found it ideal, my 7 children were split nicely between the 3 rooms with master for me, I brought 2 x travel cots for my twin babies but found one in a bedroom, so I didn't need to drag mine along as the houses one was in a virtually brand new condition.

I hired bikes at the free spirits which we rode back and forth to rannoch station we also visited highland safaris in Aberfeldy (about a hour away) the crannog in aberfeldy took the train steam train from Fort William ( needs booked and I should have booked the sleeper from rannoch to fort William rather than driving) we also had glorious weather so went swimming at the loch twice it was idilic as it has sand, we brought a badminton set with us and spent the evening playing that on the front decking till the bugs came out, my 6 year old twins never wanted to come home!

Only thorn in our wonderful holiday was the very very poor water pressure and at times none I feel this was due to the tropical conditions and on enquiring about the problem it was the filter which was changed also I struggled to cook for all of us with the equipment in the house particularly the frying pans were tiny fine for a couple but not a big family.

All in all a brilliant holiday

Liked best: The remote location
Liked least: The water supply
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
24 Jul 2013
Thanks for your kind review. Apologies for the water pressure. This was a result of filters clogging at a higher than usual rate because of the river conditions in the heat. We will be more proactive about looking out for it. We will take up some bigger frying pans as well.
gazzamurp...
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Our stay at the lodge was great, stayed for 3 nights and was exactly what we were after, booking process was made easy for us, owner replied to any emails or questions.

The lodge is very spacious, 6 adults and a small baby perfect room, the living area good to gather in, the kitchen was great size for dining as well, the garden area also good.

The lodge is very remote which was great, drive to the lodge was lovely passing bye the 2 lochs, no phone signal which wasn't a problem for us due to the lodge having wi-fi. Not many shops but we just done a big shop and that done us fine, the lodge had all cooking utensils that we needed.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Large groups
30 Jun 2013
When are you coming back?
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole property itself location, driveway/garden area and the style of the lodge.
Liked least: Beds were something that everyone mentioned. they were fine but not particuarly great comfort wise.
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
31 May 2013
Thanks Hannah. The underfloor heating's time constant probably could not cope with the four seasons in one-day weather we have been having. The lock on the little WC is small and easy to miss. We hope to host to again soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$146
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing