“Quick lunch”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Larbert, , United Kingdom
“Quick lunch”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Had a lovely hearty soup and crusty bread for lunch.
Friendly staff not long to wait and value for money.

• Visited August 2014
Paul M, General Manager at Cafe Biba, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you, we make our soups fresh each day and they are always very popular.

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Won't be going back”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Staying in Pitlochry for a few days, while looking around the shops we stopped here for a cup of tea and a toasted tea cake. Thought it looked lovely from the outside.
It was only about 11am, and there were only a few other people in there. We sat in the conservatory area. The floors were dirty with crumbs etc. and nearly all the tables had napkins under the table legs. The flowers on the tables were dying and the water was disgusting.
When our tea arrived my cup was dirty, but the waitress seemed put out when I mentioned this, but did exchange it. The tea cakes were ok, my grandma thought hers was a bit burnt.
My grandma visited the toilet and felt they weren't as clean as they should be.
Overall a disappointing experience. When I paid on the way out the girl asked me if everything had been ok. I admit that I lied and said that it was fine, but didn't feel it worth mentioning as it would take a while to clean that place up.

2 Thank k1ujs
paris
“average food but well located”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

the restaurant is in the center of the city and is serving later than others in the area. The food is quite average.

• Visited August 2014
London, UK
“Awful”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Not the worst meal we've had, but certainly in the bottom five (the other four all at my mother in law's). My wife's salmon hideously overcooked, yet potatoes undercooked. My seafood platter basically a vomit of poor quality smoked salmon and freshly thawed prawns in lashings of a particularly unpalatable mayonnaise.

Terrible is a generous rating.

Paul M, General Manager at Cafe Biba, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to Cafe Biba. We always welcome feed back even when it's negative as it does help us look at what we are doing and how we can improve.
I feel I must point out that the two dishes you highlighted have proved to be two of the most popular on our menu and are usually very well received. Our fresh Salmon and our smoked salmon are both quality products delivered by our fishmonger daily.
In this instance it looks we just didn't deliver them to you to the standard we ourselves would expect. Your comments about the salad have made us think about our current presentation of the dish and we are looking at alternatives.
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“customers should come first!!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

this eatery is small but has good food if a bit too expensive!!!....the staff are either rude or too young to realise when your waiting at a counter you want served......would give it a miss due to this poor customer care

Paul M, General Manager at Cafe Biba, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hi sorry you felt let down by the standard of customer care from our staff.
Our restaurant is very seasonal in nature and we do have to recruit a few fresh faces each summer but we do try to make sure they are as customer orientated as our permanent staff. In this case this didn't come across, so we will take your comments on board and make sure we improve this.