My parents had stayed at Birchwood and recommended it to us, although they did suggest that it might be more suited to the more (ahem) mature guest. There is a slightly old-fashioned air to the hotel, for sure, and the sheer amount of patterned wallpaper is a bit mind-boggling: the décor certainly wasn't my cup of tea. BUT: everything was very clean and comfortable; the proprietors are extremely friendly and helpful; the breakfast was absolutely great. (If you like black pudding, you'll certainly like their black pudding: delicious, as was the porridge.) Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enclosed by woodland and garden, the Birchwood Hotel provides quiet seclusion in a country-house atmosphere only minutes from the centre of Pitlochry, an ideal holiday location at the heart of Perthshire and Scotland. From the Birchwood there is easy nearby access to the wealth of scenic, historic, cultural, wildlife, sport and adventure opportunities which characterise Perthshire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Birchwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Birchwood Hotel Pitlochry
- Birchwood Pitlochry, Scotland