The good points are that the hotel was pleasently situated, had nice gardens and plenty of parking. The room was very large with lots of storage space (there was even a sofa in the room without looking cluttered). You can also get a nice looking evening meal.
However, what was missing was the little extras that you get at the best places - decent toiletries, large towels, decent sized t.v., freeview, wi-fi etc. The decoration was tired and although the en-suite had a nice deep long bath and shower, it could do with being updated. The breakfast was well cooked, but didn't have as much as other places in terms of amount given and variety to choose from.
Although these things might not be that important to some, for the price this hotel charges I would have expected the facilities to be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enclosed by woodland and garden, the Birchwood Hotel provides quiet seclusion in a country-house atmosphere only minutes from the centre of Pitlochry, an ideal holiday location at the heart of Perthshire and Scotland. From the Birchwood there is easy nearby access to the wealth of scenic, historic, cultural, wildlife, sport and adventure opportunities which characterise Perthshire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Birchwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Birchwood Hotel Pitlochry
- Birchwood Pitlochry, Scotland