The Green Park Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Moulin Hotel(Pitlochry)
Pine Trees Hotel(Pitlochry)
US$187
US$173
US$230
Atholl Arms Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$110
Agoda.com
US$305
Dundarach Hotel(Pitlochry)
US$138
All reviewsbefore dinnercomplimentary sherryfirst classcakes and biscuitsaverage ageolder generationwonderful hotelfellow guestsputting greendining roomsecond to nonepublic roomsmy mumsuperb foodshort breakafternoon tealovely touch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I feel it necessary to add to the superlatives for this hotel.
I booked one night as a special birthday treat for my wife, but now with hindsight wish I had booked three nights.
At the time of booking, a direct view of the loch was unavailable, but we were promised that should a cancellation become available, we would be accommodated.
The management/owners did not forget, and we arrived to find we had been allocated a room with an absolutely superb view. It was picture perfect. My wife and I were also delighted to find an in-house composed birthday card, chocolates, and a bottle of Blanc de Blancs in the room. What a nice touch!
There were so many positives about our stay. The room was pristine, well proportioned, and warm, as was the entire hotel. The room was also very well equipped. A great deal of attention is given to virtually every aspect of comfort. In no particular order: Well stocked drinks in the room, ie hot chocolate, teas, coffees, bottled water. Variety of pillows. Electric blankets. Supplementary heater and fan. Quality towels and bathroom hand and body wash. Quilted toilet roll. Trouser press. Large flat screen TV. Good lighting. In this era of cost driven service there is obviously no skimping at this hotel.
We booked on a half board basis and were not disappointed with both dinner and breakfast. There is such a wide choice at breakfast time. We enjoyed our pre-dinner sherry and after dinner coffee and shortbread in front of the cosy fire in the lounge.
The brief history provided on the origin of the house and the first two lady owners, who I assume are represented by the solitary statues gazing over Faskally, taken in context with the beauty of the loch and the autumn colours of the trees all around, contributed to a most pleasant and memorable experience.
The staff are friendly and very efficient. As an example, the lady on reception showed us to our room and insisted on helping with our luggage.
During our drive home my wife reiterated how pleased she was with her whole birthday experience.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Request a room with a full frontal view of Loch Faskally. The view is quite spectacular. However, be prepared to possibly be located some distance from reception. A higher floor gives an improved view. Don't worry about luggage because assistance is provided and there are good spacious lifts.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
PitlochryAlistair, Owner at The Green Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear JWeismuller,

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to post such a generous review - and delighted to read that your wife's birthday stay was a success.

While we can take no credit for this part of your stay, the autumn colours are truly working in our favour this year. Why go to the trouble of flying to Vermont, when Perthshire is on the doorstep? The view of Loch Faskally from the Sun Lounge is especially pretty in the morning, with the far bank's treeline being reflected in the still water of the loch. It's enough to distract you from the hoovering.

Thank you once again for your generosity, and we hope to welcome the two of you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have just returned from another fantastic stay at the Green Park. If there's a more welcoming hotel in the UK then I've yet to find it. The rooms are spacey and comfortable, the dining room serves excellent food to suit all tastes, which in itself should be enough for everyone to enjoy their stay but what the Green Park has extra is the staff. From the welcome at reception to the housekeeping and the dining room everyone of the staff make the stay special. I am not sure where Alistair recruits but it certainly work for him. We look forward to our next visit. Brian,Fiona and Rena.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Brian, Fiona, and Rena,

Many thanks for your most recent stay with us, and for your very generous review. We are extremely lucky to have the staff that we do, though as a bloke, it is a constant concern to see that the women are invariably the better workers. This is not how I thought the world was going to be!

Here on the home front tonight is the night of the Pitlochry High School disco, so Megan will be hoping to meet at least one Prince Charming. All I am hoping for is a quiet night, with no major emotional crisis to deal with.

Many thanks again for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming all three of you again.

Alistair

Reviewed 17 October 2013

As visitors to the Green Park hotel for more years than we care to remember we have waxed lyrical about this hotel to anyone who would stop and listen to our ramblings. That we have stayed here at least once each year since discovering it in 1972 tells its own tale of satisfaction, contentment and delight. The McMenemie family have been running the hotel since 1996 and built upon what was an already successful formula to the extent that is difficult to understand how it is arrived at that the hotel is ranked only at number 4 in the Tripadvisor listings for Pitlochry at this time. To write another glowing report could be seen as ‘gilding the lily’ but present circumstances decree that it is absolutely necessary. My wife and I have just returned from a break at the Green Park that we always try and take in October to coincide with our wedding anniversary. This year was just a little bit special for us because it happened to be our Golden Wedding anniversary and this didn’t escape the attention of the Green Park team who gave the occasion their full recognition and a bottle of ‘bubbly’ too in celebration. As we have come to expect and appreciate over the years, the level of service, the accommodation and meals are all something that have to be experienced on a personal level because words alone are a poor substitute for the reality of what you will find when you stay. On reflection, I suppose there is ‘higher praise’ to be given to this hotel and this is the fact that guests very often book from one year to the next which speaks volumes. To this end, before leaving, we have booked for two definite visits in 2014 and are already looking forward to those with eager anticipation. You could do no better than to do the same and we are sure that you will become a regular visitor if you once savour the experience of visiting the Green Park yourselves.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PitlochryAlistair, Owner at The Green Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear GrasmereFans,

What a review! Thank you from us all for your repeat visits to the hotel, and for your ( far too ) generous precise of the Green Park. We are all just delighted that you enjoyed your most recent stay, and that we can look forward to welcoming the two of you to the hotel again next year.

Here Pitlochry is still going great guns, with The Enchanted Forest enjoying a record year, and "The Steamie" starting it's run at the Festival Theatre. That said, pride of place must go to nature's sublime display of autumn colours currently on show - there is no need to book, and admission is completely free.

Thank you once again for your continued support.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My mother and father stayed in this wonderful hotel for his 80th birthday. They are frequent visitors to the Green Park hotel and absolutely love the place and tell me that all the staff are so friendly. They would definitely recommend a visit to this great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GailMaidstone

Dear GailMaidstone,

Delighted to read that your dad's birthday stay went well, and thank you for posting such a nice review on their behalf.

I have to rely on my children more and more when it comes to I.T. This can lead to major problems if I fall out with either or both of them. Last time I had stiff words with Liam, he retaliated by reducing my choice of television watching to The Tweenies. Needless to say I gave in first, as there was football on the telly.

We hope that your parents had a safe journey home, and we look forward to welcoming all three of you to the hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Customer care ,attention to detail and, value for money,that,s why!
Once again we have made our annual visit and, enjoyed the friendly atmosphere of this family run hotel.
Relating to customer care and, attention to detail,my wife and I have celebrated a number of events over the years,"golden wedding,birthdays etc"which have all been acknowledged with a bottle of bubbly .
Having retired from a sales and marketing career many years ago, it is gratifying to find every effort is made to ensure "customer satisfaction"..

Room Tip: Late booking meant we did not have our usual large room but ,loch view smaller room was adequate
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
PitlochryAlistair, Owner at The Green Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Robert K,

Many thanks for your latest visit and charming review, and we hope that the journey back south was a pleasant one.

Today Perth beckons with Diane's appointment to have her eyebrows "done", and Megan to have her hair "done". The quote for both comes in around the price for a very reasonably fitted out family car. I prefer my eyebrows in their current rather fetching shades of grey.

Thank you once again for your stay, your review, and we look forward to welcoming the two of you again.