“Miss Marple”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pitlochry
The Green Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Miss Marple”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I arrived at The Green Park Hotel in the early evening and was greeted by very efficient staff who Showed me to my room in super quick time. The room was very clean although dated. Dinner was good, although not as amazing as I had been led to believe. I had the pheasant which was a little tough, although the sauce was lovely. The staff were so efficient that they removed my plate before my companion had finished eating....Unfortunately the sticky toffee pudding was very small, luke warm and very little caramel sauce. When I got into bed I found that there was an electric blanket with big plastic connector right where I would be resting and so I had to strip the bed. There was no duvet, only 2 sheets and a wooly blanket.Breakfast looked great, I took a croissant and sat for a minute (literally) before a waitress rushed over and asked for our order,My companion had only just picked up the menu. We felt very rushed. Average age of resident is 75 yrs.

Room Tip: Ask for a view looking left. Don't let the staff (who are all lovely) rush you. Watch out for sh...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kitty W
PitlochryAlistair, Owner at The Green Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Kitty W,

Many thanks for choosing to join us at the Green Park, and for posting such a positive review. We hope that you had a safe and pleasant journey back to Inverness.

Here it is all systems go for tomorrows Coffee Morning in support of Pitlochry in Bloom. The 'bloomers' do a fantastic job around the town - most of it unsung - and this is our way of lending a hand. Cakes, jams, raffles, plants, and general mayhem is the order of the day, with as many as three hundred in attendance. Each year I say that I am not going to help myself to the savouries - and each year I fail.

Thanks once again for the review, and please pray for good weather on Saturday!

For the McMenemie Family.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

A wonderful hotel. Set in a Superb setting is the Green Park hotel in Pitlochry one of the best hotels I have been to. From the moment you enter the door you are made very welcome. The rooms are very comfortable and a relaxing sleep is guaranteed. My highlight of the week though was the food which was wonderful in every way. Many weeks after our holiday here I am still looking at the menus and wishing I was there of an evening. This hotel gets my highest recommendation and I will be telling all my friends about it. Thank you

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
PitlochryAlistair, Owner at The Green Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Ian J,

Delighted to read your charming review, and for your continued support of the Green Park - we couldn't do it without you!

Tonight is a big night for Megan ( our daughter ) as she leaves Pitlochry with her classmates to visit WW1 battlefields in France and Belgium. Their bus departs at the ungodly hour of 11pm, and her mum has packed most of the supplies from the Co-Op to go with her. If the bus is delayed anywhere, they should have enough food and toothpaste for at least a fortnight. Mum and dad will both be going to see her off - dad will be going chiefly to make sure that mum does not get on the bus with her.

Many thanks again for your continued support of everyone here at the Green Park, and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Alistair
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My parents have been going on about this place for ages and I have bought holiday vouchers from the hotel several times so I was curious to have a look. I decided to do a surprise visit to see my parents when they were staying there and arranged to stay by email explaining it was a surprise. The staff were very helpful and even booked it in a different name so there was no chance of my parents spotting my name. It is about 15-20 mins walk from the train station and the centre of Pitlochry, although I suspect most guests are drivers not trainers! The staff at reception were very friendly and efficient and I was shown to my room - a nice touch. The room was very nice with some excellent touches such as a pair of binoculars for looking out on the loch and bottles of water and even a chrystal glass! For me the room was too hot - but with the windows open and discarding almost all the bedclothes, it was nearly bearable - but I do like a cold bedroom! The grounds are well maintained with a putting green in front and there are plenty of walks right on the hotel's doorstep. Dinner was simply excellent - a nice choice, changing daily - I paid the extra for the steak and it was simply huge! Breakfast the next day was again very good indeed and the staff, most of whom seem to stay for years, were always very helpful and polite. The hotel has many small civilities scattered around - wildlife books and binoculars by many windows, jigsaws with magnifying glass to hand, free mobility scooters, free afternoon tea & cakes and a nice library room upstairs. It aims totally at the retired, reasonably well off market and does it very well indeed - at 45 I was the youngest guest by about 20 years! If you want a pleasant stay in a friendly and immaculately maintained environment, you could do an awful lot worse.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MalcolmT1
Dear MalcolmT1,

Delighted to read that your surprise visit was a success, and that we didn't give the game away to your parents. I used to work for a large hotel chain, and we put champagne and chocolates in a couples bedroom to congratulate them on their engagement, only to discover that he had yet to propose! Not a good day.

Here the Festival Theatre have unveiled ambitious plans for a £25million expansion. John Durnin's vision is to transform Pitlochry into Scotland's premier building-based producing theatre. The company would tour more of it's shows around Scotland and beyond, and would extend its summer season into the spring as well as the autumn. We wish him every success in this bold move.

Many thanks again for your surprise visit, your voucher purchases, and we look forward to welcoming mum and dad again in the future.

Callander, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been visiting this hotel for many years and the experience has always been first class. During my most recent stay the service went beyond anything I could have expected, a Vegetarian Menu was printed for my use and the position of the bed was altered to meet my needs. No fuss, just exceptional attention to the details that make for an outstanding hotel.
Friendly staff, quietly efficient service, excellent food, very comfortable room and wonderfully relaxing surroundings with beautiful views. Unbeatable value.

Patricia M

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear PatriciaM1745,

Many thanks for your latest stay with us at the Green Park, and for such a generous review. We hope that there were enough vegetarian options on the menu we put together for you.

Here, the theatre's summer season starts tonight with the brand new Scottish musical comedy 'Whisky Kisses'. It's hard to believe that this will be the 64th summer season, since the theatre was founded in a marquee back in 1951. John Stewart would be very proud of his legacy.

Your many visits to the hotel are greatly appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Alistair
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were here for a short stay 're first week in May 2014. It was our first visit the hotel having been recommended by friends, and we were not dissapointed. From the moment we walked in we were greeted with friendliness, our luggage was whisked away to our room, while we were shown round the public rooms, which are so bright and airy, with such comfortable chairs and plump cushions. Our bedroom was delightful and the view spectacular.
Food was delicious and staff so efficient and friendly. Our time passed much to quickly, I would loved to have stayed longer to enjoy the tranquillity of the hotel.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are excellent as you see the Loch where ever you are in the hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine C
PitlochryAlistair, Owner at The Green Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Christine C,

Delighted to receive your lovely review, and to read that you will still be speaking to your friends after they had recommended the Green Park to you!

Here at the hotel we have received our latest addition to the staff, namely a "Hearstart Defibrillator".
Everyone has decided to keep it on my desk at the moment, as seemingly I am the person most likely to require its services. This clearly indicates that I am the hardest working individual in the hotel.

Our Etape cyclists continue to arrive, and are all looking ahead to their challenge of completing the 82 mile course on Sunday. We wish them all well, and have our fingers crossed that the weather forecast continues to improve.

Many thanks again for the review, and we look forward to welcoming you both again.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My mum and I returned for our third visit to this wonderful hotel last week for a two nights stay.

We were celebrating mum's birthday first day, there was a lovely surprise in the room, which was very appreciated!!

The hotel has everything you want for a stay - lovely room, beautiful view, relaxing and happy atmosphere, gorgeous food and very pleasant staff. We are already booked to return and can't wait!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
PitlochryAlistair, Owner at The Green Park Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear ADuff1,

Many thanks for the very generous review, and delighted to read that your mum's birthday stay was a success. May she have many more of them.

Do either of you or your mum know what an "Oolit" is ? Well it's Scots for the Tawny Owl. I know this because one of our guests ( Dr. Robin Jackson ,) has just published a book entitled 'A Guide To Scots Bird Names'. For a small fee, I am now available to settle any arguments about said bird names, and I was delighted to see "Spug / Spuggie" included for the House Sparrow.

What a talented bunch our guests are.

Co.Antrim
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here with another couple for 2 nights 17th and 18th April. Hotel is lovely,very relaxing , beautiful grounds and food exceptional. But the best of all was the friendly staff - couldn't be more helpful. because of this atmosphere the guests were also all very friendly to each other. Will be back and would recommend to anyone wanting a luxurious break

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Co_AntrimJenny,

Many thanks to the four of you for choosing to join us at Pitlochry and the Green Park, and delighted to read that you lived to tell the tale. Your very kind comments are much appreciated, and they are shared with all our staff.

Here the town is gearing up for the Etape Weekend, which is probably the largest showing of lycra in the Western world. 3000+ cyclists pushing themselves through the agonies of an 82 mile bike ride, taking in the glories of Highland Perthshire. Richard - one of our chefs - completed the ride a few years ago, and he has never been the same man since. If there is anyone out there who is contemplating what to do for a mid-life crisis, I would recommend a wee look at the Etape website.

Sorry for the digression away from your review, and can I just thank you again for going to the trouble of posting one. We look forward to welcoming you all again!