The Green Park Hotel
East Haugh House(Pitlochry)
US$175
Rosemount Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
US$132
The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$222
Hotwire.com
US$275
Priceline
All reviewsbefore dinnercomplimentary sherryfirst classcakes and biscuitsaverage ageolder generationwonderful hotelfellow guestsputting greendining roomsecond to nonepublic roomsmy mumsuperb foodshort breakafternoon tealovely touch
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have fallen totally in love with this hotel!! It is in such a perfect setting. Even before going inside, I knew I didn't want to leave! The grounds are beautifully kept, and so relaxing to stroll around looking at all the different sculptures dotted around, the abundance of colourful flowers and the spectacular views over the loch. Once inside, the charm and character of the place instantly grab you. A warm welcome from the receptionist who made check-in seamless. Food to die for..I had the halibut for dinner, it was fabulous, I needed a full half day to get through breakfast! Throughout, the hotel is absolutely impeccable, every lounge is homely, comfortable and friendly. I have been in some fantastic hotels, yet can't think of one which was this clean, it was spotless everywhere. If I knew the names of all the staff, I would list every single one to extend a personal thank you. Everyone of them had a smile, a 'hello', a 'is everthing OK'. An absolute credit to the hotel. A huge thank you for a fantastic, memorable stay. We will, without hesitation, be back.

1  Thank Highland_Rovers
PitlochryAlistair, Owner at The Green Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Highland_Rovers,

Thank you very much for joining us at the Green Park, and for going to the trouble of posting such a generous review. Your comments are much appreciated by us all here.

The season continues on a very steady course, with each day bringing it's own particular little surprises. For reasons best known to itself, my car has decided that it's seat belt alarm needs to go off all of the time - regardless as to whether anyone is sitting in the car or not. This makes listening to the car radio something of a challenge. That said, I am sure that Rab - the Pitlochry Garage guru/ car engineer who has rescued many of our guests - will soon bend the car to his will.

Many thanks again for the great revue - and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We always visit Pitlochry at the time of my wife's birthday and always try to dine at The Green Park. We called to book a table two weeks ago and while I was informed they were very busy on the 2nd of August they could offer a table at 6 o'clock.
We duly arrived and enjoyed our sherry while we perused the menu, we were given a table by the window in the dining room where we thoroughly enjoyed the food and wine we had ordered.
The upside of dining early was that we could retire to the sunroom watch the dusk draw in, have a game of cards and enjoy the very reasonably priced premium gins and tonic, and tia maria for my wife.
If there is better value service, food and wine in Pitlochry I have yet to find it, we plan returning to Pitlochry in November to see Miracle on 34th Street at the Theatre and we look forward to dining again at The Green Park.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Latchie

Dear Latchie,

Many thanks for popping into the Green Park for your birthday dinner, and delighted to read that the occasion was a success.

I have a terrible memory for dates, and live in fear of forgetting Diane's birthday. It goes without saying that I have an innate ability to buy the wrong present / type of present / size of present, though at long last I have been properly trained by her to hand over the receipt at the same time as the present!

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel for many more birthday, and thank you for going to the trouble of posting your generous review.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Nothing can be faulted about this peaceful, restful, efficient oasis in fascinating pitlochry. Our room overlooked the loch, the amenities were luxuriant, not a sound disturbed our peace.....we slept like logs. Afternoon tea, pre dinner sherry, wonderful menu for dinner and fulfilling breakfast all contribute to a rare experience. Being family owned surely shows the greatest interest in the comfort and well being not only of the customers, but also of the staff who were, without exception - wonderful. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PitlochryAlistair, Owner at The Green Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear allan09,

What a very generous review, and thank you for going to the trouble of posting it. We hoteliers like to pretend that we are a tough lot, but the thought of a review can bring us out in a cold sweat.

Here I am delighted to report that the good weather continues unabated, with some bare knees seeing the light of day for the first time in a very long time.

Thank you for your stay - and we fully intend holding you to your promise to return again!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our overnight stay was on July the 4rth.
The hotel is in a beautiful situation with fabulous views from our balcony (room 22)out over Loch Fascally .
The hotel was tastefully and charmingly decorated with lots of light.
The staff were excellent , very attentive and welcoming. We had the opportunity to meet with the hotel owner who was most charming
On arrival in our room we were treated to a surprise bottle of prosecco and some chocolates as a gift for our anniversary , a really lovely personal touch !
Complimentary cakes, tea and coffee are served in the afternoon from 2 until 5 and complimentary sherry is served prior to dinner.
The meal was delicious and the drinks very reasonably priced.
All in all it was a very peaceful , relaxing time , we intend to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PitlochryAlistair, Owner at The Green Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear k m,

Thank you for choosing to join us at the Green Park for your anniversary stay, and we were delighted to read that the two of you enjoyed your wee break.

The good weather continues to bless us, with today being sunny without being too hot. I am a peellie wally fair skinned Scot, so temperatures approaching the 30's constitute a threat to life and limb. Rain during the night and day time temperatures in the mid-20's would be perfect, though my wife would disagree - she is one of these strange sun worshipers.

Many thanks again for your stay and your kind review, and we will hold you to your promise to return again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked a two night stay with some friends, it was our first time and we can only say wow! My husband and our two quiet little old dogs totally loved the hotel made lovely by the super duper staff. Booked this hotel for my husbands birthday and the customer service could not have been better. Excellent staff throughout the hotel. Great food at breakfast including whisky with porridge! Brilliant four course meal in the evening, free cakes and coffee all day. Glass (or two) of sherry before dinner. Beautiful surroundings. Lovely clean rooms with even lovelier views.
We arrived and there was a bottle of bubbly and a birthday card waiting for my husband in the room at no extra cost and was a surprise for both of us.
Absolutely loved the hotel but mostly because the staff really are second to none, and we travel lots all over.

Thank you Green Park from Simon and Lara O'Rourke we will be back in February, once I have lost all of the cake/food from my waistline.

Room Tip: Any the staff make this hotel the brilliant place that it is

Dear Lara and Simon,

Thank you to all four of you for trying out the Green Park for the first time, and we are delighted that you are returning again to Pitlochry next February. Your very generous review is much appreciated, and is quite the tonic!

It is Diane's birthday tomorrow, so the pressure is on to get through the day in one piece. My track record on the birthday front is poor to put it mildly, though I have bought a selection of presents in good time this year. More importantly, I have remembered to keep the receipts so that Diane can swop them for things she might actually like!

Many thanks again for the review, and we look forward to welcoming everyone next year.