“Really good hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pitlochry
The Green Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Good food, comfortable environment, very, very good service. Discreetly Scottish without tartan or antlers. Nice touch is prints of great Scottish artists' paintings in public areas and bedrooms.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladysusanne

Reviewed 15 February 2009

My family and I are regular visitors to Pitlochry however we have only just discovered the delights of The Green Park! It is without doubt the friendliest hotel we have ever stayed in. The location is stunning - the best spot in Pitlochry, the accomodation first class and the food superb. The greatest accolade I can give is that it was a "home from home".
We could not leave without making a further booking for later in the year.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank ClarkstonTraveller
Reviewed 14 February 2009

Stayed here for 1 night at the beginning of January as a treat for my Mum after New Year. Although I have stayed many times in Pitlochry for the weekend while walking and have had many day visits with friends to go walking, I have never stayed at this hotel. Yes, it is slightly more expensive but you do get what you pay for.

The previous reviewer gave a good review and asked if they had missed anything out, yes they did, an included afternoon tea, it is served in the lounge, it is a help yourself offering of home baking and tea or coffee. When we stayed it was lovely, just sitting reading, sipping tea and lovely cakes.

The room we had was in the newer part of the hotel and was well thought out, the bathroom and wardrobe area are next to the corridor then go through another door into the actual room itself. With seating in the bay window it is relaxing and quiet being away from the usual movement of guests going along the corridor. The whole hotel was warm and comfortable as in the morning it was still below freezing outside at 10.30am.

When we arrived, as this was a 1st visit, we had a tour of the lounge and were told procedure for breakfast, afternoon tea, dinner and sherry!! Which is very much a come when you are ready and we will serve you. Unlike other hotels you do not book a time for dinner, it is just come when ready after looking at the menu in the lounge. It is very relaxing and staff are friendly, approachable and nothing is too much trouble.

We could not fault it. What you get for your money is excellent value and many or all? of the chain hotels should spend sometime finding out how they do it. They can and do charge the same or more for less service and regiment mealtimes. The majority of guests were in the older age group and there is no swimming pool, internet, video games etc but this is not that type of hotel.

So just sit back and enjoy. My Mum has a big birthday coming up and the only thing she wants, is to go back to the Green Park.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Scottish43
Reviewed 12 February 2009

It is very difficult as to where to start with this hotel as everything was just amazing, I can honestly say there were no faults what so ever.
It was due to the other reviews on this hotel that we decided to stay there so a big thankyou to all of you, The Green Park is well worth a visit. Prehaps there is a downside, that is being the price but you deffiantly get what you pay for and it is worth every penny, I would say to those of you who are a little put off by the high prices don't be, spend a little more for a bit of comfort and class.
Firstly the location, it cannot be faulted, the hotel is a 5 min walk from Pitlochry therefore ammenities are close at hand, but on the other side the hotel is surrounded by lovely Scottish countryside, a loch, woodlands and mountains in the distance what more could you want? The best of both worlds for those wanting to explore the town and those willing to escape to the country.
We were welcomed on arrival by friendly staff who were more than happy to help with things like carrying luggage, checking in was hassle free and then we were escorted to our rooms after being told the usual preceedures concerning dinner and breakfast. Due to one of our group members having a birthday that week we were presented with a bottle of Brut and a dish of chocolates and a card, a lovely gesture by all accounts.
The rooms were fantastic, they felt fresh and newly decorated and were well equipped with towels, face cloths, shampoos, soap and the usual stuff one expects in a hotel room. The view over the loch was amazing and there were two easy chairs comfortably positioned in front of the large window. The complimentry tea tray came with bottles of water, teas, coffees and hot chocolate which was replenished daily. There were even peppermint tea too, which I was very pleased about. The rooms were well cleaned each day and even the towels changed.
But the creme de la creme for me was dinner time. Before dinner you get a glass of sherry or fruit juice whilst you can sit and mingle with friends and other guests whilst pondering over the menu. Dinner is a 4 course affair with excellent choices and all the food I had was lovely, I was even brave enough to try a fish dish and I don't particulary like fish but I knew it was going to be fab before it came and it was. You get a choice of starter usually something gamey or fishy and melon for those like me who are scared of game and fish, then soup or sorbet followed by main and dessert, the cheese board was the best I have had with lots of choice and a basket full of crackers. The ice cream too tastes homemade. After dinner you can retire to the sunlounge and have tea, coffee and shortbread - homemade and great. They really do look after you. Breakfast is just as good with a wide choice of cereals, nuts, seeds, fruit, porridge (hot and cold) we were guinnea pigs for cold porridge, I tried it with mango coulis and it was yummy!! You get crossiants, toast and rolls too as well as cooked breakfasts from traditional to kippers or ham and cheese. The butter comes freshly cut to your table I have never seen anything like it before.
The hotel is also full of books and jigsaws and there is even a tv set with videos so there is plenty to keep yourself occupied indoors.
Even the lobby toilets are something to write home about with lovely handwash and handcream at your disposal.
I am sure to have missed something off but need I say anymore? Just come and see for yourself.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank empen
Reviewed 12 November 2008

We have visited the Greenpark several times and will most certainly be back soon. The food is excellent and the staff are among the best I have encountered. From the minute we entered we were made feel at home.There were no airs or graces just genuine friendly service and coming from Glasgow that is just the way we like it. It's true that most of the clientelle are in the senior age group and at first I thought this would be detrimental , but I was wrong.
The staff and visitors are often seen having a good natter together showing to me just how friendly the atmosphere is.
I am on the hotels mailing list and look forward to getting the newsletter. It is beautifully pruduced and written in a way that appeals to my sense of humour. A real dry wit.
It was our 25th anniversary on our last visit and one of the staff noticed the cards in our room. When we returned from our day walking we found a bottle of bubbly and chocolates waiting for us.
Not many places are so thoughtful.
Beautiful hotel beautiful rooms and mind blowing scenery, who could ask for more.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john fegan
Reviewed 3 November 2008

Just stayed at the Green Park ( Nov' 08 ) and must agree with all the other reviews . Superbly maintained Hotel , spacious gardens ( must be even better in the Summer ) with pleasant viewing benches over the Loch . Views from the Conservatory ( for dinner and breakfast are excellant ). Rooms all well equipped , clean and modern in a traditional kind of way . Staff ( mostly local ) very helpfull and appear happy in their work. . The average age of the guests at the time of our visit must have been around 70 and I at 50 must have been the youngest in the Hotel ! needless to say this adds a sedate kind of feeel to the whole place.
Just 10 mins walk to town centre .
Many Loch side walks starting from just outside the Hotel .
The bar is very "orderly" thou not so busy and without draft beer but with a few cans and local beer from the Moulin Brewery which is attached to the Moulin Hotel just above Pitlochry village and well worth a visit ( excellent food to !)

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Tc+Ac
Reviewed 10 September 2008

This is a wonderful hotel set in a marvellous setting. The staff and levels of service are excellent and the rooms are impeccably clean and well presented. The hotel is posessed of an old style charm which I suspect is fast disappearing from our collective landscape. This is to be regretted so make the most of it while you can.

At approximately £200 for dinner, bed and breakfast for two people this is obviously not a hotel for those on a tight budget and frankly, the dinner was relatively disappointing and not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel. Our tomato and basil soup owed I suspect more to Messrs. Heinz and company than it did to the efforts of the hotel's chef. Despite the mediocre food the service was outstanding and the wines of high quality and reasonably priced.

When it comes to breakfast, the Green Park should be a compulsory module on any aspiring hotelier's training schedule. This was without doubt the best hotel breakfast my wife and I have ever encountered. The choice of fruit, nuts, cereals, juices and pastries was immense. Their quality and freshness was superb. The full Scottish breakfast was delicious and the service was again outstanding.

In conclusion I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for bed and breakfast - I cannot, sadly, in all conscience advise you to take the DBB option.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple